Rumored Rizin did not have money Floyd was promised

I don't even think they have enough to pay for a press conference. Japanese MMA is pretty much dead.
Not really. It's at the same level it's been at for years: a bunch of small to regional level shows trudging along. The big shows are outliers more than the norm.

Not really. It's at the same level it's been at for years: a bunch of small to regional level shows trudging along. The big shows are outliers more than the norm.
Maybe for the past 10 years or so. It is definitely not the spectacle Pride and Heroes were. Even Dream couldn't capture the magic. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Rizin affiliated with multiple promotions? Everytime I think that is happening; I feel like the promotion isn't doing "great"

Maybe for the past 10 years or so. It is definitely not the spectacle Pride and Heroes were. Even Dream couldn't capture the magic. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Rizin affiliated with multiple promotions? Everytime I think that is happening; I feel like the promotion isn't doing "great"

Yeah. It was originally presented as a federation of multiple organizations. How many of those organizations still intimately involved with them who knows.

because Pride provided some of the greatest MMA content still produced to this day? Because it wasn't simply based on wins/losses/how much PPV $ you generate.

JMMA is equally as amazing as its north american counterpart. idk why anyone would be against another MMA promotion putting on amazing events (which Rizin has been doing)

But your clamoring for something that simply has a sliver of chance of ever happening. I'd be surprised if Rizin is around next NYE. Sak. has already publicly stated that if they don't start getting better ratings it may be over. If your saying that in public what does that say about the reality of what is happening behind the scenes? But everytime one of these orgs pop up in Japan its mayhem for a handful a people across the internet and as fast they come they disappear. Simply because the people that need to support the org don't.

I also won't call Rizin events amazing either. Avg to slightly above fine, but for many fans it comes and goes without much fanfare for most of the world.

I enjoy some of the Rizin events but I also understand it's a far cry from Pride, UFC, and on some level Bellator. I don't ever sit here and think about how its just as good as the UFC when it simply isn't.

I think what people forget with Pride is once you get over the over the top production what made the events special was the talent they had at the time. A large majority of the best talent in the world is now locked up between a couple orgs. The sport has moved on in most parts of the world, fans aren't wasting their time watching subpar talent/orgs. The big orgs today saturate the market worldwide to the point that you need to be a MMA fien to want to search out more MMA on a weekly basis and that in a nutshell is why so many orgs fail. There is reason in most sports why there isn't 15 versions of something all doing great. Usually the main league props up the feeder leagues(ie: MLB as being a perfect example).

but for many fans it comes and goes without much fanfare for most of the world.
That has nothing to do with event quality and everything to do with the platform
RIZIN outside of Japan is on an obscure streaming service

That has nothing to do with event quality and everything to do with the platform
RIZIN outside of Japan is on an obscure streaming service

That is my point exactly. They haven't got enough support to expand the product to capitalize on better media deals. Part of that is fans and part is the money/selling/marketing ability of Rizin's management. It's fine to have your niche in your market and find success(ie:KSW) but when the local home market for Rizin isn't supporting the product your putting out how good is the actual quality in the end?? According to the Japanese Market they support it on some level but not to the level it needs to be to justify the business moving forward. I just think some people go over top with any JMMA and view it through Pride glasses when the truth is it isn't even close.

That is my point exactly. They haven't got enough support to expand the product to capitalize on better media deals. Part of that is fans and part is the money/selling/marketing ability of Rizin's management. It's fine to have your niche in your market and find success(ie:KSW) but when the local home market for Rizin isn't supporting the product your putting out how good is the actual quality in the end?? According to the Japanese Market they support it on some level but not to the level it needs to be to justify the business moving forward. I just think some people go over top with any JMMA and view it through Pride glasses when the truth is it isn't even close.
Nobody in America watched PRIDE either. It was on a very small PPV provider and the shows they did in the US, at primetime, did tiny numbers.
The only glasses here are the ones telling you that PRIDE was some hot shit in the west back then. It never was.

Back