Rumored Rizin did not have money Floyd was promised

I can believe that. I can also believe that because the presser was out of Mayweather's control, he peaced out. The dude LOVES control, and in Japan if you are a Gaijin... especially one with mucho pigment.... you're not going to have control.

I can believe that. I can also believe that because the presser was out of Mayweather's control, he peaced out. The dude LOVES control, and in Japan if you are a Gaijin... especially one with mucho pigment.... you're not going to have control.

Yep
Add in Ellerbee wasn't there & he was with a guy that supposedly handles public appearances & I can see where Floyd would either get shit wrong or be mislead

Mayweather heard 10 million yen, agreed and then somebody told him that that is 100.000 in American money.

My speculation:

Scenario 1: Floyd thought this would be purely a boxing match, while Rizin wanted a hybrid rule match. Essentially, couldn't agree on the rules.
Scenario 2: Floyd thought the fight, no matter what kind of ruleset, would be fixed, but as talk furthered, realized isn't.

Last edited:
Pride did the same with bob sapp and mike tyson. Seems like alot of promotions do this thing.

Floyd ain’t flying across the globe to do a press conference without a signed contract. He was likely paid for the appearance. It was a publicity stunt. The fact that elerbe wasn’t there gave it away and mayweather promotions wasn’t involved at all.

Yep

JMMA doing the old bait and switch, shocking.

I really don't know why fans crave so much for the second coming of Pride. This is just business as usual for that part of the world.

JMMA=3 ring circus

Floyd predicted the future:

https://latestmmanewsnow.wordpress.com/2009/06/09/floyd-mayweather-machida-machida-aint-nobody/

"How much money did Machida make his last fight? $100,000 maybe? Tell Dana White, for $100,000, I will come show him what a 28 million dollar check looks like."

When asked about Sean Sherk, Floyd was pretty frank about his thoughts on MMA:

Da fuck? Random Floyd being asked about Sherk. Floyd must’ve been getting trolled

James Goyder is a ONE Championship shill who loves to shit on RIZIN because many hardcore MMA fans give ONE a hard time about their shenanigans (weigh in behind close doors, altering the rules to change fight results, protecting fighters with unfair matchmaking & lying to fans about many things) while love RIZIN due to PRIDE nostalgia and epic storylines

He has no proof and is just talking out of his ass, fuck that bastard
Yup, in regards to this matter he admitted to making more accusations and whatnot about MMA in countries that he doesn't stay or have connections to.

Not that this couldn't be true, just Goyder isn't a reliable source

Yup, in regards to this matter he admitted to making more accusations and whatnot about MMA in countries that he doesn't stay or have connections to.

Not that this couldn't be true, just Goyder isn't a reliable source

JMMA doing the old bait and switch, shocking.

I really don't know why fans crave so much for the second coming of Pride. This is just business as usual for that part of the world.

JMMA=3 ring circus

because Pride provided some of the greatest MMA content still produced to this day? Because it wasn't simply based on wins/losses/how much PPV $ you generate.

JMMA is equally as amazing as its north american counterpart. idk why anyone would be against another MMA promotion putting on amazing events (which Rizin has been doing)

because Pride provided some of the greatest MMA content still produced to this day? Because it wasn't simply based on wins/losses/how much PPV $ you generate.

JMMA is equally as amazing as its north american counterpart. idk why anyone would be against another MMA promotion putting on amazing events (which Rizin has been doing)
Why do people only mean the big flashy promotions when they say JmMA?

Why even do a presser if the match was going to be private anyway? Floyd bitched out cause he knows he'd get slumped. He had no intentions on doing nothing but boxing and hand picking opponents like he has done his whole career.

Why even do a presser if the match was going to be private anyway? Floyd bitched out cause he knows he'd get slumped. He had no intentions on doing nothing but boxing and hand picking opponents like he has done his whole career.
More likely it was all a sham.

I don't even think they have enough to pay for a press conference. Japanese MMA is pretty much dead.

Back