Rizin Confessions

The Real Fighters of RIZIN is really addicting. ;)

I don't see RENA defeating Kanna Asakura anytime soon.

But Kanna is definitely beatable. Kanna lacks KO power. So if you are much stronger and can outwrestle her, then she doesn't have much options.

The Real Fighters of RIZIN is really addicting. ;)

I don't see RENA defeating Kanna Asakura anytime soon.

But Kanna is definitely beatable. Kanna lacks KO power. So if you are much stronger and can outwrestle her, then she doesn't have much options.

This is like the Terrace House ver of UFC embedded lol

So good.

I wouldn't count Rena out. She messed up big time in the last fight and maybe she underestimated Kanna, who has been a real underdog.

Maybe she also isn't used to fighting friends. Way too gun shy and didn't seem out for blood.

Although agree that Rena can be beat by ANY good grappler with decent subs. Think Alyssa Garcia would also have as good a chance as anyone.

Here are the first 3 of a planned 8 of the Rizin Confessions.

Watching Rena cry on the stairs is heartbreaking.

Thank you! I will watch all of these later. The first one was great.

I love that 2-day event so much. It's the one time a year I pull out the kome shochu, put on all my old pride gear, and binge on JMMA. Reliving the glory days.

So sad about Kyojis sensei getting cancer.:(

Number 5.

I teared up a bit watching that, Pride never die.

Last edited:
Ba ha ahahahaha....

Anyone speak Japanese? Is Gomi kinda "simple" (i.e. not so smart)? I get that impression. Though that was fucking funny.

He's never been the classy sort of fella and like many fighters of his era, never embraced metrosexuality. He's also a meathead high school dropout (very frowned upon in Japan) and has been fighting/competing for a living for the past 22 years

He's never been the classy sort of fella and like many fighters of his era, never embraced metrosexuality. He's also a meathead high school dropout (very frowned upon in Japan) and has been fighting/competing for a living for the past 22 years

Do you know how well educated Japanese MMA fighters are in general? Like is it more or less than in the US where tons of fighters have college degrees because of wrestling programs?

Awesome Episode

Ian McCall's cut clearly caused by a knee.

Heartbreaking seeing him backstage yelling after the fight

I’m not a McCall fan at all but that was hard to watch. I still can’t believe he got matched up with gooch in the next show after that loss.

I’m not a McCall fan at all but that was hard to watch. I still can’t believe he got matched up with gooch in the next show after that loss.
McCall vs Kape wasn't a clear finish and can be revisited

Do you know how well educated Japanese MMA fighters are in general? Like is it more or less than in the US where tons of fighters have college degrees because of wrestling programs?

Not sure but I don't think most are highly educated. AFAIK they don't have sports scholarships and MMA/pro fighting is such a fringe sport you almost HAVE to be a delinquent to pursue it full time.

But that's not to say they aren't intelligent or talented in other aspects aside from fighting (see Genki Sudo) or... more well-behaved than say Jon Jones or the let me bang TUF guy. But that's japanese people generally.

finally getting around to watching these. they're pretty fantastic, so far. even the commercial was funny. glad rizin has that pride fc level of production quality.

wish the next one wasn't so far away now. i just hope it isn't full of bs mismatches (ie: tenshin vs people making their kickboxing debut, grandmothers) and low talent trash (the striking from any of their 130+ lb women).

thanks for posting these, i don't think i would have seen them otherwise (at least, not for a good while)

Holy shit Horiguchi will kill McCall

finally getting around to watching these. they're pretty fantastic, so far. even the commercial was funny. glad rizin has that pride fc level of production quality.

wish the next one wasn't so far away now. i just hope it isn't full of bs mismatches (ie: tenshin vs people making their kickboxing debut, grandmothers) and low talent trash (the striking from any of their 130+ lb women).

thanks for posting these, i don't think i would have seen them otherwise (at least, not for a good while)

ditto

I'm glad that people are enjoying them as much as me.

The Rizin staff posted the first one on Reddit and I have been checking for new ones on Youtube everyday since. I posted them here and on TMMAC so more people could get a chance to see them. I was a huge PRIDE fan and these videos have the same incredible production values and definitely bring the nostalgia factor.

Back