RIZIN 2017 IN YOKOHAMA - SAKURA - Thread

C1Ul6t6XEAAdr5j.jpg

Tapa just signed with the WWE.

It seems like Heath Herring will be on the card. I would make Ishii vs Herring.

They also didn't announce Horiguchi vs Motoya as the main event.

Tapa hasn't signed with them yet. She just had a tryout, it takes a while for WWE to get back to someone after a tryout (Could go from a month to 2 years). So if she's in the tourney then I wouldn't be surprised.

These 2 images are going around from a Fujiyama Fight Club episode
C5jynSbU8AAwIJt.jpg

C5wM_zCUwAE6WIO.jpg

Honestly if either of those ended up as a GP I would be glad, but that Strawweight one could be very good if those are the types of fighters they can get.

Also it sounds like Kizaemon is campaigning for a fight with Tatsumitsu Wada

C5jynSbU8AAwIJt.jpg

C5wM_zCUwAE6WIO.jpg

Honestly if either of those ended up as a GP I would be glad, but that Strawweight one could be very good if those are the types of fighters they can get.

finally woman mma can truly begin

Last edited:
Wait
Wait
It's going to be a WMMA GP (?)
I was expecting a Males BW GP...

Can't unsee that. Except for Reina Miura, every single one of those fighters is a Rin Nakai dream match I didn't know was possible.

Looking like some good fighters are being planned for this card.

C5jynSbU8AAwIJt.jpg

C5wM_zCUwAE6WIO.jpg

They were just throwing around a lot of ideas that episode: A women's Super Hulk GP with that chinese Olympic Judo gold medalist the forum was talking about a few months ago and all the names that have been making the social media rounds lately (Kavaleva, that fat boxer chick etc., basically +100kg and Nakai standing in as Minowaman), a men's lightweight GP with Kitaoka, Aoki & co., and women's kinda-atomweight (RENA, Alyssa Garcia,Andy Nguyen, Miyuu etc.). They also talked a lot about the Tokoro/Kid match.

Wait
Wait
It's going to be a WMMA GP (?)
I was expecting a Males BW GP...

They're gonna do a men's and a women's GP this season, but havent announced the weight class of either yet.

Last edited:
finally woman mma can truly begin

If Chyna didn't overdose, she'd have been included too. She would have had to ditch her yogi gimmick though --- although maybe that could have been her fighting style?

I cannot wait until the next RIZIN event.

Gabi Garcia vs. Jazzy Alpha Female > Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Tony Ferguson.

C5zwB0gWMAIfduU.jpg

Kawajiri, Kizaemon, Ishii, Herring, King Reina, Kanna Asakura, Saori Ishioka, Tenshin, and RENA seem to be more or less confirmed with this

I think Saša Milinković is also on this card( CC team)....

Back