RIZIN 2017 IN YOKOHAMA - SAKURA - Thread

There'll be a press conference in 3 hours. No info about the contents, just that it'll be about the Yokohama event:

There'll be a press conference in 3 hours. No info about the contents, just that it'll be about the Yokohama event:

45 minutes until the press conference!! Watch it live on our officia FB page! Many matches to be announced! - Rizin twitter

I missed half of the announcements.. :(

Kawajiri vs Birchak
Herring vs Ishii
Cruickshank vs Yachi

Women's GP is probably going to be RENA's weight and she will be in it

Satoshi Ishii vs Heath Herring
Kawajiri vs Anthony Birchak
King Reina vs Jazzy Alpha Female
Yusuke Yachi vs Daron Cruickshank
Tenshin vs Francesco Gigliotti (sp?)
Saori Ishioka, didn't catch the opponent's name and Google Translate isn't really helping
C59acNoU8AANU1Q.jpg
Kanna Asakura vs Aleksandra Toncheva
RENA vs TBA

Women's GP is probably going to be RENA's weight and she will be in it

Satoshi Ishii vs Heath Herring
Kawajiri vs Anthony Birchak
King Reina vs Jazzy Alpha Female
Yusuke Yachi vs Daron Cruickshank
Tenshin vs Francesco Gigliotti (sp?)
Saori Ishioka, didn't catch the opponent's name and Google Translate isn't really helping
C59acNoU8AANU1Q.jpg
Kanna Asakura vs Aleksandra Toncheva
RENA vs TBA
Thanks. What about Kitaoka's opponent? Not announced yet?

Does anybody have any news on Amir possibly being on this card? I know he's back in training now, remember reading that this was the event they targeted for him ?

Im looking forward to Horiguchi/Motoya, Yachi/Cruickshank and Kawajiri/Birchak. Kicaj looks horrible (at least she did a year ago):

so I dunno about that matchup, esp. since Ishioka isnt a world beater herself.

Also Asakura seems to be mistaken if she thinks that her opponent is "primarily a striker" like she said at the press conference, since Toncheva seems to be primarily a grappler with what looks like a freestyle background (and apparently somewhat of a local celebrity in Bulgaria). No pro fights though, 8-0 amateur:

http://www.slavishow.com/александра-тончева-и-николай-добрудж/

RENA's opponent is Dora Perjes

Perjes is 7-1 with every win coming via submission but it's a pretty bloated record, reasonable step up for RENA

Anyone following closely the current JMMA scene could explain why Minowaman hasn't been on any RIZIN cards?
You'd think they would put him in every card, being such a big name and all
(and still relatively injury-free, but they had no problem putting poor Saku against Aoki so I don't think legends safety is their first concern)

And if they do a WMMA Super Hluk GP, Minowa would be nice promo. Who wouldn't want to watch our giants slayer fight Baruto?
Ok this is a bit cruel, instead they could invite some famous washed up kick-boxer with zero ground xp like in the old days.
(just checked and realized that Minowa hasn't fought in a year, damn...)

Or if we stay in the HLUKS leagues, make the Minowa vs Wes Sims bout that was scraped from UFC 32, in which Hammer House team was heavily represented with Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman and Phil Baroni.
"The Project" was supposed to make his PRIDE debut in this card, it was one of the conditions Coleman set for taking the bout against Fedor, but the NYBA got the spot instead because injury iirc?

Anyway, I never miss a Rizin event, but I'd like to see more old school dudes like KazNak, Yuki Kondo, Shungo Oyama, Daiju Takase or Daijiro Matsui...

RF

Anyone following closely the current JMMA scene could explain why Minowaman hasn't been on any RIZIN cards?
You'd think they would put him in every card, being such a big name and all
(and still relatively injury-free, but they had no problem putting poor Saku against Aoki so I don't think legends safety is their first concern)

And if they do a WMMA Super Hluk GP, Minowa would be nice promo. Who wouldn't want to watch our giants slayer fight Baruto?
Ok this is a bit cruel, instead they could invite some famous washed up kick-boxer with zero ground xp like in the old days.
(just checked and realized that Minowa hasn't fought in a year, damn...)

Or if we stay in the HLUKS leagues, make the Minowa vs Wes Sims bout that was scraped from UFC 32, in which Hammer House team was heavily represented with Mark Coleman, Kevin Randleman and Phil Baroni.
"The Project" was supposed to make his PRIDE debut in this card, it was one of the conditions Coleman set for taking the bout against Fedor, but the NYBA got the spot instead because injury iirc?

Anyway, I never miss a Rizin event, but I'd like to see more old school dudes like KazNak, Yuki Kondo, Shungo Oyama, Daiju Takase or Daijiro Matsui...

RF
I have heard he doesn't have a good relationship with RIZIN.

I remember somebody saying that the old Pride management and Minowaman don't get along anymore. However, he fought for Dream a lot which still have influence in Rizin.

Minowaman vs Baroni or Mach Sakurai would be nice. Baruto would be too skilled for him.

Rizin seems to bring people out of retirement, but Matsui and Oyama have been out for 4 years. Takase has been 2 years.

Yuki Kondo is fighting this weekend in Pancrase against a 1-0 fighter.

Yeah, I think I have heard that as well. I really don't want to see Minowaman fight any longer anyways, his body is starting to quit on him and he hasn't looked good in years. Kondo is still going but he should really hang em up soon as well. King Kaz and Shungo already had their official retirements, Takase fights in spurts every few years for an assortment of promotions, and Matsui is still going in D-level promotions and in his most recent fight he lost to a guy who was 1-9 at the time. Kaz is really the only one out of those I would be interested in seeing fight, Takase could maybe still have a few decent performances left.

Back