RIZIN 2017 IN YOKOHAMA - SAKURA - Thread

No, that's not how it works. He was actually scheduled to fight Mirko in December in RIZIN, but he had to pull out due to an injury he sustained.

Lol How does it work?

Are you of the opinion that Wanderlei owes Rizin FF a Cro Cop match? A fight in general? Silva is tied to Rizin forever like a UFC slave contract?

No, read my post. Wanderlei was actually scheduled to fight Mirko last year and had to pull out. I'm not making anything up, just going by facts of what was scheduled to happen.

Ok, I see the confusion here (I think). Allow me to clarify.

I understand that Wanderlei was scheduled to fight Cro Cop for Rizin, but I don't believe he is recovered from his injury and may not be able to fight in the future because of it. That was what I was getting at.

Silva was probably hopefully that he would recover in time after the fight was already pushed back to the next round in Japan. But Silva is a 40 year old fighter with a lot of mileage on his body hopeful he can recover enough to fight at a high level and not risk further damage to himself.

Silva may have had or continue to have every intention to fight, but either medical staff, Silva, his family or his camp or a combination thereof are not giving him the go head. Rizin jumped the gun by advertising Silva when he is unable to fight. Maybe Rizin thought the situation with Silva's health was not as bad as thought due to Silva down playing his injuries and Rizin took an optimistic view rather than a worst case scenario (with a fight not taking place).

Rizin and Wanderlei both look bad here.

My believe it when I see it comment was not directed at any false advertising. I've been in a car accident, so I can relate to the position that Wanderlei is in where you want to do something, but you physically cannot and try to put yourself on some self-imposed schedule because you believe you will heal faster than you do. Sometimes you don't get better.

IMHO, Silva has nothing to prove and should probably turn the page on his in-ring career. If he doesn't want to do that, that is his choice and I'll watch him fight like anyone else. But I don't think anything good will come of returning at 40 after a four year lay off when he's busted up. Let someone make their name elsewhere.

kawajiri, tenshin, RENA, kitaoka, tokoro are all cream of the crop JMMA.

Tenshin is about the only one I look forward to seeing with that group. Not taking anything away from the skills of the other fighters, but they really don't do much for me.

kawajiri, tenshin, RENA, kitaoka, tokoro are all cream of the crop JMMA.
Rena made her debut a year ago, and Tenshin a month ago. Hardly cream of the crop. The other three are on the B side of their careers.

This is a fight I can see happening at this event.
I hope so....
The pro wrestling spot after the fight was a nice little build up.

I had a blast when Jazzy suddenly jumped into the ring and called her out...was allmost as good as when Garcias opponent started to run against the ropes (i thought she will go for a dropkick or something) and Gabi just grabbed her like: enough is enough!

Jazzy is definitely fighting at this event since she released a shirt. It may not be Gabi.

I just think it would be a good addition to top it off that way. You're right about the money though. I think Wand was going to get $1M on NYE so not sure if this would make financial sense for this type of card or not. I hope it will. Wand is huge in Japan and topping off a card with a solid opponent could draw in the fans on TV and in person.

IIRC, they offered him a million not to pull out; basically upping what they initial agreed on for him to fight.

God I wish they'd just take Tough Prints art. They agreed to use them, then just keep not using them.

Aliakbari might be back in that one. Last I heard there were two offers but nothing signed.

Are you able to throw out the names or possible other names they are offering him?

Back