Edwin

I4Ntw0r.jpg

Event: RIZIN 2017 in YOKOHAMA - SAKURA -
Date: April 16, 2017
Time: 2:00 AM EST
Venue: Yokohama Arena
Stream: FITE ($14.99)

65.8 kg ~ 1 round x 10 minutes + 1 round x 5 minutes:
Tatsuya Kawajiri (35-11-2) vs. Anthony Birchak (12-3)

Open Weight ~ 1 round x 10 minutes + 1 round x 5 minutes:
Amir Aliakbari (5-1) vs. Gerônimo dos Santos (39-17)

58.0 kg ~ 1 round x 10 minutes + 1 round x 5 minutes:
Kyoji Horiguchi (18-2) vs. Yuki Motoya (18-4)

49.0 kg ~ 3 rounds x 5 minutes:
RENA (3-0) vs. Dóra Perjés (7-1)

56.7 kg
~ 3 rounds x 3 minutes:
Tenshin Nasukawa (2-0) vs. Francesco Ghigliotti (0-0)

120 kg ~ 1 round x 10 minutes + 1 round x 5 minutes:
Satoshi Ishii (14-7-1) vs. Heath Herring (28-15)

90.0 kg ~ 3 rounds x 5 minutes:
KING Reina (2-0) vs. Jazzy Gabert (1-0)

70.3 kg ~ 1 round x 10 minutes + 1 round x 5 minutes:
Daron Cruickshank (18-9) vs. Yusuke Yachi (16-6)

48.0 kg ~ 3 rounds x 5 minutes:
Saori Ishioka (14-10) vs. Bestare Kicaj (2-0)

48.0 kg ~ 3 rounds x 5 minutes:
Kanna Asakura (6-2) vs. Aleksandra Toncheva (0-0)

58.0 kg ~ 1 rounds x 10 minutes + 1 rounds x 5 minutes:
Kizaemon Saiga (3-2) vs. Seiichiro Ito (11-1-2)​

Last edited by a moderator:
RIZIN has an almost pro wrestling vibe with the same core of fighters
being on almost every card..throwback to early PANCRASE/RINGS but with less
fixing this time..I don't know if that's good I would like to see more debutants..

The thing I want to see most is what kind of changes will come about
due to Inoki's influence I guess that the NYE event was already influenced
by INOKI hence the angle with Gabi Garcia vs Alpha female and the Le-Banner
appearance..to me it's obvious that INOKI was already on board with RIZIN a month ago

I hope Inoki opens the flood gates for female pro wrestlers because in my view WMMA is a lot less brutal so that allows the female pro wrestlers to exhibit more of their craft in a real fight

God I wish they'd just take Tough Prints art. They agreed to use them, then just keep not using them.

Aliakbari might be back in that one. Last I heard there were two offers but nothing signed.

It wouldn't be bad if Rizin would sign Gonzaga (or ManBearPig) IMO

I think Wand might make his return for this card. They should try to get Shlemenko, Branch, Jiri, Moldavsky, Slava, or Halsey to fight him. Other interesting fights are Cro Cop or Baruto in open weight fights.

I think Wand might make his return for this card. They should try to get Shlemenko, Branch, Jiri, Moldavsky, Slava, or Halsey to fight him. Other interesting fights are Cro Cop or Baruto in open weight fights.

Wand vs Shlemenko would be serious violence

I don't think they will get him for this card. There's a good chance this card will be more organized to showcase their Japanese fighters.

If they get Wanderlei to fight on their cards it will most likely be on one of their cards near the end of the year.

I don't think they will get him for this card. There's a good chance this card will be more organized to showcase their Japanese fighters.

If they get Wanderlei to fight on their cards it will most likely be on one of their cards near the end of the year.

It's a good idea to showcase and build up new Japanese stars but would be smart if they could top the card off with a Wand main event. They may hold off until there end of the year events though but I hope not.

Wanderlei is signed with Bellator and his suspension is up soon. I don't know what kind of deal it is as far as exclusivity, but he would probably have to fight in Bellator first before he is able or allowed to fight in Rizin.

I'll believe Wanderlei is fighting again when I see it.

This card will probably be more experimental so I don't think they will sign any major names to fight on it

Maybe some fights here will be made to get ready for the Woman's GP and Men's GP that RIZIN promised us later this year so I expect them to keep the fights modest so as to lay the ground work for the big December/October cards

Since Miyuu Yamamoto, Rena and Murata are involved I guess this card will focus on preparing for woman's GP and since so many of the lighter weight male Japanese fighters are involved maybe they are planning to do two GPs in which a Japanese fighter has a great chance to win? The last two GPs had the problem that there weren't any Japanese fighters in them that could win it so maybe this time both the woman's GP and the men's GP will be designed in such a way as to allow a Japanese fighter to win

Maybe the theme of RIZIN in 2017 is "strong Japanese woman and men winning prestigious tournaments and Gabi Garcia vs pro wrestling world"

I don't like Wand's chances over any of those guys

Last April's card was headlined by Jiri vs Fujita... I'm a little disappointed to see he's not on the poster.

I don't expect there to be any big-name fights on this card.

Some of the guys from the December tournament will probably fight again, like they did last year.

They should do Gabi vs. Jozette Cotton

I don't like Wand's chances over any of those guys

With his long layoff, you're right, these may be tough for him. Some interesting fights for him though. We'll see how he looks when he returns.

Why would it be a smart idea? This is a smaller card and I'm sure they can do well with their own fighters. No need to spend unnecessary money on a fighter that will request more money on a smaller card when they can pay him adequately to fight on a much bigger card where he'll be required to be on more.

I just think it would be a good addition to top it off that way. You're right about the money though. I think Wand was going to get $1M on NYE so not sure if this would make financial sense for this type of card or not. I hope it will. Wand is huge in Japan and topping off a card with a solid opponent could draw in the fans on TV and in person.

These are nice, but they're a lot simpler than the one's RIZIN has designed.

From what I've seen of there stuff on Social Media..... it's far beyond what they do. And these were made by the non-artist in the group. That's not even their strong work. Rizin agreed to utilize them for the NYE show then went dark. Hopefully they turn around and ask for the work. But Japanese MMA culture is very Treehouse, and they stay within their own crews 95% of the time.

Back