RIZIN 2017 in Yokohama: Sakura (DISCUSSION) - APRIL 16 - 2am ET

Slobodan

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
It's on Sunday at 2am ET in the US. Which means Saturday APRIL 15 11pm PT in the US.
http://www.rizinff.com/en/rizin-2017-in-yokohama

STREAM ($14.99)
https://www.fite.tv/watch/rizin-2017-in-yokohama/2jn62/

RIZIN 2017 in Yokohama: Sakura (DISCUSSION)

Saturday 4.16.2016 at 02:00 AM ET
Promotion: RIZIN Fighting Federation
Ownership: Nobuyuki Sakakibara
Venue: Yokohama Arena
Enclosure: Ring
Number of MMA Bouts: 11

170416rizin-poster-2.jpg

Main Card: (https://www.fite.tv/watch/rizin-2017-in-yokohama/2jn62/ - 2am ET/11pm PT/7am UK)

145lbs - Tatsuya Kawajiri (35-11-2) vs Anthony Birchak (12-3-0)

265lbs - Amir Aliakbari (5-1-0) vs Geronimo Dos Santos (39-17-0)

128 lbs - Kyoji Horiguchi (18-2-0) vs Yuki Motoya (18-4-0)

108 lbs - Rena Kubota (3-0-0) vs. Dóra Perjés (7-1-0)

125 lbs - Tenshin Nasukawa (2-0-0) vs. Francesco Ghigliotti (0-0-0)

265 lbs - Satoshi Ishii (14-7-1) vs Heath Herring (28-15-0)

198 lbs - Reina Miura (2-0-0) vs. Jazzy "Alpha Female" Gabbert (1-0-0)

155 lbs - Yusuke Yachi (16-6-0) vs. Daron Kruickshank (18-9-0)

106 lbs - Saori Ishioka (14-10-0) vs. Bestare Kicaj (2-0-0)

106 lbs - Kanna Asakura (6-2-0) vs Aleksandra Toncheva (0-0-0)

125 lbs - Kizaemon Saiga (3-2-0) vs Seiichiro Ito (11-1-2)

WEIGHT IN RESULTS

CANCELLED & FIZZLED BOUTS

Hype Videos
Reina Miura vs. Jazzy Gabbert

Rena vs. Dóra Perjés

Horiguchi vs. Motoya

Weigh ins will be streamed as usual

I bought it

15 U.S dollars is so freaking cheap even in places like Brazil and Russia that only comes out to be like an equivalent 60-70 dollars for them still a steal even in less economically obese countries.

Sakakibara's secretary I know you read this: I would pay 100 dollars for this PPV...in U.S dollars .
jack the price up man your product is better than the UFC...us real JMMA fans would pay a lot for this

Anyway after buying the PPV through paypal you just watch on the site but you need to input a special code into the website if you want to watch on any other device other than the one you ordered on.

The Ticket is available until January 13, 2027 which means that I only have about 10 years to watch the event so it's not "life time free replay" like they were advertaising.

I hope they show all the promotional work and the intermission which the eversport streams cut out !!

yeah bro i am sure you and about other 10 hardcore jmma fans would pay 100 bucks for a ppv, rizin would make a killing.

yeah bro i am sure you and about other 10 hardcore jmma fans would pay 100 bucks for a ppv, rizin would make a killing.

no one else except hardcore will order it anyway

15 dollars or 100 dollars it makes no difference to real fans like us

to me RIZIN is like a drug, I am addicted. If my dealer says that the drug now costs 100 dollars what can I do ? I am gonna go steal something or kill someone to get that 100 dollars..it's the same with RIZIN.

I don't care what it costs real fans will pay for it.

RIZIN addicts will pay whatever money for a hit of pure JMMA bro

Whoa, any truth to this? If so, I think this swayed me to buy it and stay up.

Oh, and since this event is now a PPV, please do not ask for streams or links to watch the card.

Last edited:
Ranallo working under Millen again? Highly doubt it, but who knows.
I was thinking the same thing, Mauro has plenty to say about Millen and none of it is good.

Joe warren better not be let in the building if these rumors end up false. I do hope Mauro calls it, hes elite.

I was thinking the same thing, Mauro has plenty to say about Millen and none of it is good.

Yeah he even said specifically that he doesnt want anything to do with RIZIN as long as Millen is involved. So either the story is bs or they offered him enough money, but I doubt they care enough about the US broadcasting team, seeing how with the notable exception of Herring they have all been terrible.

Yeah he even said specifically that he doesnt want anything to do with RIZIN as long as Millen is involved. So either the story is bs or they offered him enough money, but I doubt they care enough about the US broadcasting team, seeing how with the notable exception of Herring they have all been terrible.
Rumors were floating around from Showdown Joe and his podcast that Goldie would be making an appearance in the booth in Joe's place. They never were confirmed or dispelled, they just floated on.

On Sakakibara's twitter:

nobu_sakakibara
@nobu_sakakibara

RIZIN 2017 in YOKOHAMA broadcasting team for FITE TV confirmed to be Mauro Ranallo and Frank Shamrock. @FiteTV @rizin_PR #RIZINFF #RIZIN2017 2017-04-15

Last edited:
Information on the fights thanks to @Asurah and @Edwin.

145lbs - Tatsuya Kawajiri (35-11-2) vs Anthony Birchak (12-3-0)
- Birchak traded wins in the UFC. Left company on a victory and now making his debut in Rizin.
- Kawajiri lost his last 3 and hoping to bounce back.

265lbs - Amir Aliakbari (5-1-0) vs Geronimo Dos Santos (39-17-0)
- Aliakbari is a world champ wrestler and likely still roided out of his mind, the latter probably applies to GDS as well. Aliakbari was a finalist in their Openweight GP last year, lost to Cro Cop in the finals.

128 lbs - Kyoji Horiguchi (18-2-0) vs Yuki Motoya (18-4-0)
- Horiguchi is one of the best and most exciting flyweights in the world. Went 7-1 in the UFC, with the lone loss being to Demetrious Johnson.

108 lbs - Rena Kubota (3-0-0) vs. Dóra Perjés (7-1-0)
- RENA is one of RIZIN's top draws so far and is a very experienced kickboxer.
- RENA punches face in, finishes people with body kicks, throws up flying armbars, and can hit a nice suplex

125 lbs - Tenshin Nasukawa (2-0-0) vs. Francesco Ghigliotti (0-0-0)
- Tenshin is this era's Japanese kickboxing prodigy, has only fought low level guys so far in MMA but went 2-0 in a single weekend in his debut NYE.
- Tenshin is very young and a very good kickboxer.

265 lbs - Satoshi Ishii (14-7-1) vs Heath Herring (28-15-0)
-Herring's second fight after a 8 year absence. Initial return didn't go well but is hoping for a better result this time.
- Ishii coming off 3 losses.

198 lbs - Reina Miura (2-0-0) vs. Jazzy "Alpha Female" Gabbert (1-0-0)
- King Reina just beat Shayna Baszler recently, sambo background and can crack. Jazzy Alpha Female is one of the few women in MMA comparable to Gabi's size, pro wrestler.

155 lbs - Yusuke Yachi (16-6-0) vs. Daron Cruickshank (18-9-0)
- Cruickshank is on a bit of a slide but can be incredibly exciting. Big catalog of headkick KO's but very prone to being submitted.

106 lbs - Saori Ishioka (14-10-0) vs. Bestare Kicaj (2-0-0)
- Ishioka is a long time vet, has fought a who's who of Japanese WMMA

106 lbs - Kanna Asakura (6-2-0) vs Aleksandra Toncheva (0-0-0)
- Asakura is one of Megumi Fujii's projects, Megumi scouted her and was her matchmaker early on, only 19 years old. Toncheva is an IMMAF champ which is a large international amateur tournament, 8-0 as an ammy.
- Asakura is one of Megumi Fujii's projects, Megumi scouted her and was her matchmaker early on, only 19 years old. Toncheva is an IMMAF champ which is a large international amateur tournament, 8-0 as an ammy.

125 lbs - Kizaemon Saiga (3-2-0) vs Seiichiro Ito (11-1-2)
- Kizaemon Saiga is the true karate hottie of MMA and likes to throw a lot of flashy kicks, used to be a star in K-1 before crossing over to MMA. Ito is a protege of Shu Katsumura and Hideo Tokoro (he models his style around Tokoro), current ZST Flyweight champ, very slick grappler.
- Kizaemon Saiga is an exciting kickboxer with a ton of experience who transitioned to MMA a couple of years ago and Ito is a excellent young grappler.
- Seiichiro Ito is the ZST Flyweight champ

Last edited:
On Sakakibara's twitter:

nobu_sakakibara
@nobu_sakakibara

RIZIN 2017 in YOKOHAMA broadcasting team for FITE TV confirmed to be Mauro Ranallo and Frank Shamrock. @FiteTV @rizin_PR #RIZINFF #RIZIN2017 2017-04-15
oh shit this is real?

anything is better than Joe Warren and Joe whatshisface. hell, throw heath in the booth after his fight as long as he's not concussed

oh shit this is real?

anything is better than Joe Warren and Joe whatshisface. hell, throw heath in the booth after his fight as long as he's not concussed

It's real. Confirmed by Sakakibara.

It's real. Confirmed by Sakakibara.
LOL chalk up another one for principles in the MMA biz ("Fuck u Gary I'll never forgiv- oh hey is that money?"). A way better team than the two Joes for sure.

Back