Rizin 14th NYE

Man I had high hoped for rizin, they are on their 14th show and still haven't established even top 3 org status. Pretty disappointed that they haven't signed better marquee name talent.

We were promised mma
But I feel we are getting mmmeh

Still will watch though but I fall asleep sometimes due to the time

Where does everyone catch these Rizin events? I remember Spike televising one a few years back. Streams?

Man I had high hoped for rizin, they are on their 14th show and still haven't established even top 3 org status. Pretty disappointed that they haven't signed better marquee name talent.

We were promised mma
But I feel we are getting mmmeh

Still will watch though but I fall asleep sometimes due to the time
Not so sure they are focused on becoming top 3 org in the world. They are just trying to establish Japan and numbers show they are cementing themselves there more.

Well I just watched all the Rizin Confessions. This card seems to be taking shape nicely:

Cro Cop v Jiri
Kanna Asakura v Ayaka Hamasaki
Kazuyuki Miyata v ???
Erson v ???
Tenshin v ???
Kyoji Horiguchi v ???
Yachi v ???

Motoya just won the DEEP BW title and extended his run to 5-0 since his loss to Kyoji. Might see him on the card.

Well I just watched all the Rizin Confessions. This card seems to be taking shape nicely:

Cro Cop v Jiri
Kazuyuki Miyata v ???
Erson v ???
Tenshin v ???
Kyoji Horiguchi v ???
Yachi v ???
Is this girls fight confirmed ?

I hope PFL let's some fighters be on that card like Jake Heun did in September, just in case Bellator doesn't send any of their fighters there again. Unpopular opinion, but I feel like RIZIN is sorely missing an American presence.

Some possible fights:
(HW) Kevin Tiller vs Mirko Cro Cop
(LHW) Brandon Halsey vs Jiri Prochazka
(LW) Chris Wade vs Yusuke Yachi
(FW) Andre Harrison vs Tatsuya Kawajiri
(BW) Timur Valiev vs Kyogi Horiguchi

All this "pfl" guys becomes free agents after the season, they can sign them if they want to, no need to co promote

Cro Cop v Jiri
Kazuyuki Miyata v ???
Erson v ???
Tenshin v ???
Kyoji Horiguchi v ???
Yachi v ???

That card is looking excellent. Bringing out many of their star fighters for this one.

All this "pfl" guys becomes free agents after the season, they can sign them if they want to, no need to co promote

Do you think PFL is done after this season?

Is this girls fight confirmed ?

Don't think so but the vids seem to point that direction

I think they may match Kape with Kyoji or Erson again and maybe Miyata with Kawajiri. Maybe wiggle Tokoro in somewhere

No, but they will sign some talent back and new talents for season 2

Oh, OK, good. I liked the PFL this year. Something different with the season and playoffs.

This my RIZIN 14 card

Kyoji Horiguchi - Darrion Caldwell
KB Final
Kanna Asakura - Ayaka Hamasaki
RENA - Saori Ishioka
Takanori Gomi - Gesias Cavalcante
Mirko Filipovic - Jiri Prochazka
Baruto - Bob Sapp
Hideo Tokoro - Kai Asakura
Yusuke Yachi - Daron Cruickshank
Mikuru Asakura - Tatsuya Kawajiri
Erson Yamamoto - Kazuyuki Miyata
KAITO - Kento Haroguchi (KB SF)
Tenshin Nasukawa - Taiga (KB SF)

Miyata vs Erson is too obvious due to that 4 sec flying knee KO

That was a different Miyata. Erson is also nowhere near KID's experience level (who just won the HERO*s GP and fought in Shooto) at the time of the KO. Even a retiring post-DREAM Miyata crushes him in all aspects of MMA. Erson's best attribute (wrestling) is nowhere near Miyata's level.

Rizin has really done a shitty job of building him up - he was too inexperienced/outmatched for Tokoro and Kape (compare their records FFS) and Kron (who is super impressive for a new fighter) a was the worst possible matchup for him. Even Uncle KID had the likes of Tony Valente and Kazuya Yasuhiro to smash before moving onto tougher competition.

While everyone freaks out about May vs Tenshin, I read that Kyoji has been sparring Moicano (the #4 UFC featherweight) who is 6 feet. I have an inkling this is gonna make my year :):):)

Last edited:
Back