Rizin 14th NYE

Less than 2 weeks and still no word on price points for both events.
At this point, we have to consider that they're not even using Fite.TV at all. Floyd changes things, wouldn't be surprised if RIZIN is trying to broker some kind of deal with Showtime, something that gets future cards broadcast in the States.

What can absolutely deduce is that whatever the case of who broadcasts this event, the price point is what is being negotiated. I have a feeling that the main show isn't going to be $20, as well as that it isn't going to be on Fite. If Floyd was serious about further co-promotion with RIZIN, he will want his people involved.

Showtime showing Mayweather fight? Exclusively in the states? I would not be surprised

Emanuel Newton is out of the bout vs. Jiri Prochazka, Brandon Halsey in. Much better fight.

has there been any US promo for this, in regards to casuals/Mayweather fans? Like, they won't just start pushing it a week or so before the event and expect people to pay Mayweather prices, will they? Or even expect it to even reach enough of those even interested in paying Mayweather prices.

has there been any US promo for this, in regards to casuals/Mayweather fans? Like, they won't just start pushing it a week or so before the event and expect people to pay Mayweather prices, will they? Or even expect it to even reach enough of those even interested in paying Mayweather prices.
there was a media workout at Mayweather's gym but very little active "promotion" in a traditional sense, they dont even have a broadcaster nailed down yet

Less than 2 weeks and still no word on price points for both events.

At this point, we have to consider that they're not even using Fite.TV at all. Floyd changes things, wouldn't be surprised if RIZIN is trying to broker some kind of deal with Showtime, something that gets future cards broadcast in the States.

Typical "JMMA" (really, just Pride/Rizin). Two weeks out, fights still being announced, bout order not finalized, and for overseas fans, complete mystery as to hopw we'll watch. Complete chaos. Totally unprofessional.

Get ready to stream. Fights should be fun, at least.

There's some kind of press event scheduled for tomorrow, will be live on Youtube.

The amount of people I keep seeing saying things like "What? I thought that fight was cancelled?" is a big indicator that, A) Rizin have very possibly dropped the ball on this one, and B) By chance or design, the media were more interested in writing about the fight initially being cancelled than they were about the fight being re-booked.

They're hamstrung with promos because no one seems to be broadcasting it right now. Big mistake taking too long to sort all of this stuff out. That's time Fite or whoever could have spent promoting the event.

I don't know what the hell is going on, but I know for sure that Fite TV would have Mayweather's face on the homepage if they had the rights to this thing right now. Good for New Japan Pro Wrestling, I guess. They've been able to take up the front page for a while now.

Emanuel Newton is out of the bout vs. Jiri Prochazka, Brandon Halsey in. Much better fight.
I love how they use an old 2014 picture of Halsey when he hasn't had hair in forever lmao. Rooting for Halsey in this one. Bad match-up for Jiri IMO.

I love how they use an old 2014 picture of Halsey when he hasn't had hair in forever lmao. Rooting for Halsey in this one. Bad match-up for Jiri IMO.

Knew a guy who went to high school and played football with Halsey. Said he was a dick and on steroids.

Jiri has a tendency to get out-wrestled (like in the Albrektsson fight). But Halsey has a tendency to wilt under strikes and get stopped. So I don't think it's a horrible fight for him considering Jiri does that very, very well.

Knew a guy who went to high school and played football with Halsey. Said he was a dick and on steroids.
It sure explains the premature balding and staying so big when he used to cut to 185. Most 6'+ dudes don't look very muscular at that weight natty.

Halsey also shat on a lot of the other fighters in Bellator when he was champ and also called Smealinho Rama, "Smelly Rama". Him being a dick is no surprise lol
Jiri has a tendency to get out-wrestled (like in the Albrektsson fight). But Halsey has a tendency to wilt under strikes and get stopped. So I don't think it's a horrible fight for him considering Jiri does that very, very well.
Yeah, now that I think of it, he got dropped an awful lot in the Rama fight. Also got knocked down by a headkick from Vinny Magalhaes of all people lol. That liver is always open for shots too.

The RIZIN ring and ruleset isn't going to help his ground game either.

Jiri has a huge advantage. Halsey is gonna have to LnP him somehow without getting carded.

At least we all can agree that this fight is much more interesting than Emmanuel Newton in 2018

Back