RIZIN.11: July 29th 2:00 AM EST - Live PBP Discussion Thread

Can someone explain how Rizin is going to put on another card just 2 weeks after this one?

Would they reuse July 29th talent or?
The August Rizin card probably won't be on FujiTV and the arena is 6k or so. It will be in the hometown of Kai and Mikuru Asakura, so they should be able to sell 500 tickets by themselves. They might use that Masked idol if she wins at Deep Jewels.

The August Rizin card probably won't be on FujiTV and the arena is 6k or so. It will be in the hometown of Kai and Mikuru Asakura, so they should be able to sell 500 tickets by themselves. They might use that Masked idol if she wins at Deep Jewels.
Gotcha. So it's just a minor show.

K1 pressing charges against RIZIN/Nasukawa for calling out Takeru so often.

<{Joewithit}>

Light Heavyweight (205 lbs): Jiri Prochazka vs Bruno Cappelozza
1st 10 minutes & 2nd 5 minutes​

Here comes the mismatch....

So that's it? Jiri is their new gaijin star for now?

Not sure what you're saying. Crocop is injured though

I meant that Rizin hasn't lost him as a gaijin star. He's still there and still is capable to fight for them in the future.
Jiri is probably one they try to promote as another gaijin star, not instead of Mirko

K1 pressing charges against RIZIN/Nasukawa for calling out Takeru so often.

<{Joewithit}>

Kyoji training with K-1 Champ Takeru.

Kanna training with the womens K-1 Champ KANA.

Last edited:
I meant that Rizin hasn't lost him as a gaijin star. He's still there and still is capable to fight for them in the future.
Jiri is probably one they try to promote as another gaijin star, not instead of Mirko
Rizin are promoting Manel Kape as the top gaijin star. They gave him his own VIP fan section and merch.
upload_2018-5-31_18-48-37.png

rizin barely started and already feels like a sinking ship to me.

rizin barely started and already feels like a sinking ship to me.

?

They've been around for two and a half years and held 12 events. That's a lot better than what doubters were predicting when Rizin started.

?

They've been around for two and a half years and held 12 events. That's a lot better than what doubters were predicting when Rizin started.

...ok? and?

i didn't realize 12 events was considered to be such a long haul. my bad. rizin is an ancient org and it's a feat of tremendous strength and sharp business acumen that they managed to excel and dominate the mma scene.

...ok? and?

i didn't realize 12 events was considered to be such a long haul. my bad. rizin is an ancient org and it's a feat of tremendous strength and sharp business acumen that they managed to excel and dominate the mma scene.

Reductio ad absurdum does not win a debate...

...ok? and?

I didn't realize you were comparing it to UFC/Pancrase/Shooto. Comparing it to other similar Japanese organizations like Sengoku which did 20 events, DREAM did 24, Hero's did 19 and by the end of 2018 Rizin has done 16 events.

Reductio ad absurdum does not win a debate...

my opinion isn't a debate.

...which was kind of the point, to begin with.

ffs, you singled THAT out to mention a fallacy, but skipped over someone talking about "doubters," whatever that means/whoever that's supposed to be...

also, that was sarcasm, genius.

Rena on a Pokemon TV show.

Favorite Three Pokemon: Pikachu, Vulpix and Cubone

Back