Rival RB10-d3o Bag Gloves

Gonzaginator

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
UPDATE: 11/19/11​

Rival RB10-d3o inteli shock bag gloves

Hey there fellas! I’ve received these gloves just a few weeks ago and so far I’ve put about 10 hours of intense bag work into them. So finally it’s time to get the review out there for anybody interested in the RB10 bag gloves, and anybody else wondering about these gloves. Here’s a quick description from Rival:
The RB10-d3o™ is the result of 2 years of development with the best athletes.

There is no glove like this in the market. We chose what we think are the best materials for a bag glove.
The RB10-d3o™ has been developed to give the boxer an ultimate hand protection.
• d3o„ Intelligent shock absorption technology
o Absorbs 40% more energy than most Super bag gloves
o Absorbs 15% more energy and is 38% lighter than most Gel bag gloves
• Ergo Strap System
• Super microfibre construction
• AirFlow Control system helps to keep your hand cool during training
• Embroidered logos
Sizes: Medium (up to 150 lbs) , Large ( 150 lbs to 200 lbs) & XLarge (over 200 lbs)
Colors: Black & Grey, Black & White, Black & Blue, Black & Red.
You can get these for around $160, some online shops however have them at closer to $200, and I’ve heard that you can get these at TITLE for only $99 I believe (once on sale). So keep your eyes open and you should get a good deal. Maybe contact TITLE. Anyway, let’s get to the review:

So I've used these gloves on the heavy bag for half a year now almost. I don't use them to every training session but I mostly used these when I hit the bag. So it's time for an update...​

Quality: 8.9
Nothing really changed here. I still think the quality of this glove is really high. The leather is really good, the stitches are great (although there is one that popped but that area is like triple stitched so it doesn't matter) and outside of the fact that the gloves are broken in now (stretched out a little, wrinkly in some areas) they seem pretty new still. No marks on the leather, it didn't rip or anything.

Padding: 8.3
So this is kind of the area that changed the most. I still think these gloves offer good knuckle protection, but it's not really where I said it was at first. To make a long story short I had a lot of issues with my knuckles before using these gloves, and originally I thought the pain went away because of these gloves. That wasn't the case, because before using these I always felt pain in my knuckles, whatever glove I've used. Then I received these gloves and they were so snug that I was forced to use short handwraps for the first time, and instantly it felt like the gloves gave me the best knuckle protection. But then I used some of my other gloves (for instance the Triumph United 2.0) in combination with short wraps and the protection was basically the same, my knuckles felt really good, nothing really changed even though those are the same gloves that hurt my knuckles when I was using longer wraps. So as it turns out the hand wraps were the issue all along, not the gloves. I suggest some of you with the same issues maybe try the same and see if it helps your hands, especially if the pain doesn't go away after using different gloves. That said, these gloves still provide really good knuckle protection but I still had to take some points off. Also, the wrist support is almost non existent. I can't really throw any real hard shots with my power hand because my wrist starts to hurt when I do and I'm kind of disappointed by that fact, I always feel have the feeling that if I punch as hard as I can I will damage my wrist and I don't want to risk that. The upper side of the wrist area is extremely well padded, that's the way it should be. The bottom side however doesn't have any padding to support your wrist and if you land the wrong way your fist can bend down and get seriously damaged, beginners should look out for that. I don't even understand why Rival would take out the padding and all that in the bottom part of the wrist.

Comfort: 7.8
I like the snug fit, but I'm not a big fan of the lining. The lining used to be nice and smooth, very even. Now it's wrinkly, it gets lose in the hand compartment and the material will go between your fingers and you kind of have to fight your way through to put your hand in. The lack of wrist support also doesn't help with the comfort. And you can't open up your palm either. In terms of the padding it is so much different than the classic boxing glove with the tyical foam padding. Hitting the bag with these gloves feels a bit stiff, the padding doesn't really give in it feels like. Some people love that feeling, but for me I like to switch over to the classic boxing gloves every now and then because I like the softness of the foam when I hit the bag, it feels a bit more comfortable. But everybody feels different about that so I didn't really factor it in.

Protection: 8.5
Basically the result of what I said earlier about the knuckle protection and lack of wrist support.

Ventilation: 7.1
There's some positive things I have to say about the mesh material and some negative things as well. I've never had a mesh-type-glove and I was worried about the material, how it would hold up after a while. And I have to say it's still almost in brand new shape, I'm really surprised. It shows no signs of breaking down. You have to watch out for the material though and make sure it doesn't get in contact with any velcro (from gloves or wraps) because that velcro is going to shred it. Another thing I have to say and that's something that really bothers me is that the gloves for whatever reason doesn't air out properly it seems. I'm talking about when you're done training, you put the gloves by your window or outside to air them out and make sure they smell fresh. I don't know WHY, but it doesn't work. The gloves I have I almost treat like pets, I think I do more than I need to to make sure they don't stink, rip and last as long as possible. All of my gloves smell fresh even after years of usage. But these gloves are smelly. I can't explain why, whether it's the mesh material, whether it's the lining, whether it's because there's no water repellant material inside that keeps the sweat from going through the glove or whatever it is, maybe the way the glove is shaped and that the air doesn't go through all the way to the hand compartment. Something doesn't work right and it's very annoying because now that the smell is there it's not going to get away unfortunately.

Durability: 9.1
Had to raise this rating after 6 months of usage but basically it's still the same because I gave it really good grades from the get go, I just didn't know whether the gloves would hold up but now I'm convinced that they do because the quality and craftsmanship is really good. One more thing, the lining around the wrist is wearing out a bit and it looks like it's gonna rip at some point. The velcro on my handwraps did that damage it seems but I have new wraps now where the velcro doesn't affect the lining anymore so hopefully it'll work.

Overall Rating: 8.3 / 10
I think this glove has some upside if Rival decided to fix some of the issues in a new version maybe. Take out the mesh material and replace it with leather, change the lining, improve the wrist support by a lot, and so on. But that is just my opinion. I always found it hard to rate a glove if you have to consider the price. Are Winning gloves a 10 out of 10 even though they are close to 300 dollars? So I only rate the glove, I don't care for the price and it doesn't change the way I rate the gloves. A cheap glove that's average doesn't become a great glove just because it's on sale for 10 bucks. You have to decide for yourself if a certain glove is worth 40, 150 or 300 bucks. All I do is rate the gear and tell you whether in my opinion it's a good or not as good. If you do it the other way and consider the price then not the best gloves get the best rating but the gloves that maybe aren't as expensive and yet not as good and I don't think that makes sense.

Anyway, there's a few things I would change with this glove but it has a great foundation (quality/craftsmanship) combined with an interesting d3O system. Everything else can be tweaked and improved. Not sure (doubt it actually) if Rival is gonna come out with a new/improved version but I hope this review has helped some of you. If you have any questions feel free to reply or send me a PM. Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
qyekio.jpg

2irkn06.jpg

5yu4cg.jpg

2v16ykz.jpg

2zq4rch.jpg

wb6tqx.jpg

OUTSTANDING REVIEW!! I've been waiting forever for someone to review these. Gonzaginator thank you, you've done a great job.

2 things- firstly, it looks like one glove is grey and the other is navy blue in those photos (must be the lighting).

Secondly a question- how would you rate the protective qualities of the padding for bag work compared to your 16oz Winnings?

Once again, thanks for the great review. The gloves look sexy as hell.

Thanks guys appreciate it. Hope the review helps!

OUTSTANDING REVIEW!! I've been waiting forever for someone to review these. Gonzaginator thank you, you've done a great job.

2 things- firstly, it looks like one glove is grey and the other is navy blue in those photos (must be the lighting).

Secondly a question- how would you rate the protective qualities of the padding for bag work compared to your 16oz Winnings?

Once again, thanks for the great review. The gloves look sexy as hell.

Thanks brother.

You're right, one glove is grey and the other one is blue. We had 2 pairs available and decided to just mix them up, I thought it looked funnier. :icon_chee

As for your question I'd say that in terms of the protection the Winnings and Rivals are very similar in my opinion. It's hard to compare because both gloves are so different. Winning uses denser foam on the inside and softer foam on the outside, Rival is the opposite. The Winning foam is special in that it doesn't spread the energy over a large area when you hit the bag. When you hit the bag and you land with your knuckles then that's where all the energy goes, but you don't feel it because of how good the padding is and how much energy they absorb. The d3o material on the Rivals spreads the energy over a large area, the entire fist and the back of the hand, no matter how/where you land. It kind of works like bicycle helmet with the head being your hand. Some people might prefer the RB10's because the inside is softer and a little bit easier on your knuckles, others will prefer the Winnings. But at this level it's like comparing a Mercedes to a BMW, they're both top notch and miles ahead of everyone else. As far as the protection you will be very happy with both gloves, they offer the best protection out there in my opinion. The Winning lace up version offers a bit more wrist support for obvious reasons.

Fantastic assessment of the two, you couldn't have made your point any more clear. Thanks.

All that's left to do now is for me to buy some! :redface:

Thanks man, I think you'll love them if you're looking for hand/knuckle protection and don't want to beat up your Winning gloves on the bag anymore.

I saw these at TITLEMMA.com just now for $135 if you use the "Save25" promotional code. Or you wait a bit and hope for them to drop to $99 again for a couple days.

Gozaginator,

Did you recall seeing any sticker showing where these were made when they come out the bag?

I just got some different Rivals the other day and they are made in Pakistan, rather than China.

Very nice review, thanks - although I don't believe they are worth $160-200 - to me anyway.

Yes, but I removed the tags. The gloves are made in China.

They are expensive, but maybe if you save up a little or wait a bit they'll be more affordable at some point, I'm sure they'll be on sale again. $99 is a great deal I think. You're already paying about $80 or $90 for the IMF Techs, and these are way better in terms of quality and especially protection. Triumph United's are around $60-$70 bucks and these gloves are on a different planet.

Last edited:
Yeah I have my bag gloves and I love them. The models I have are different than yours I think they're an older model. Not sure If I should review them though. Mine are made in Pakistan.

That's weird. :icon_surp
Glad you like them though. Would love to see you do a review on them!

I have the XL RB60C bag gloves and they are real snug,

Did you have any issues with the sizing?

Same here, the gloves were very snug, but not uncomfortably snug to the point where they squeezed my hands. Just a snug fit, I had to use short wraps though before they stretched out a little, and now they're perfect and I can use longer wraps again, but I'm sticking with the short ones.

dope review! I bought these last week and should have them by Wednesday

Nice. Please post your thoughts on the gloves here once you get them. :)

Back