Risk of war breaking out with North Korea over next 12 months?

Kim jung Un has to know that any type of conflict would lead to his demise. I don't think he'd risk it.
Do you think there's a catch-22 though?

Kim might be worried that if he doesn't advance his nuke/ ICBM program, he'll get overthrown. On the other hand, if he continues to advance his nuke/ ICBM program, we might feel that we have to stop him.

Iraq and Libya have to be the dumbest foreign policy mistakes of all time. The precedent they set for 3rd world leaders has terrifying consequences.

I doubt that's entirely true. Lots people and virtually every western intelligence agency believed that Saddam had WMDs. The idea that Saddam having WMDs was obvious, intentional lies is revisionist history so liberals can feel smug.

Did Bush and co. lie about other stuff like al-quada connections and tons of other stuff to promote war propaganda? Yes. But that's not the core issue. Lots of people really thought that Iraq had WMDs.
If you think that the core issue for the current Iraq war was "lots of people thought Iraq had WMDs" then we will have to agree to disagree.

On this subject the united states is all bark, no bite.

If you think that the core issue for the current Iraq war was "lots of people thought Iraq had WMDs" then we will have to agree to disagree.
I'd like to disagree with myself too. I'm a conspiracy theorist, generally, and anti-establishment, generally. However, I was alive and old enough to remember what was going on back in 2000-2002, the lead-up to the current Iraq War.

It is an absolute fact that almost every western intelligence agency agreed that Iraq had WMDs. Believing otherwise is revisionist history that you only believe because conspiracy theories often make world politics easier to understand.

Remember, Clinton bombed Iraq too. Everyone thought that Iraq had WMDs. Everyone was wrong.

Is it true that Bush and company also wanted to invade to secure oil supplies for America to dominate the 21st century via controlling supply routes? Yes. But it's also true that everyone did believe that Iraq had WMDs.

What do you all think the risk is?

lol do we need this thread once a week?

its low as hell.

we dont want to fight. japan doesnt. SK doesnt. China doesnt. and surprise surprise...NK doesnt. theyve played this game for 60 years. talk a bunch of shit to get what you want, with no intentions of actually fighting. its a lot like a little yappy dog that tries to scare you but never bites. why? because they know what will happen if they do.

and why wont any of us attack NK? because they can destroy seoul before we defeat them. AND, because no one wants a refugee crisis going on that will make syria look like a vacation.

Kim might be worried that if he doesn't advance his nuke/ ICBM program, he'll get overthrown. On the other hand, if he continues to advance his nuke/ ICBM program, we might feel that we have to stop him.

Iraq and Libya have to be the dumbest foreign policy mistakes of all time. The precedent they set for 3rd world leaders has terrifying consequences.

I honestly don't know.

I have been wanting to go to war for years. Lets do this!

Yes I am a warmonger and proud. #allwarmongersmatter

I'm shocked the international community has not just invaded. I would fully support a war where the north Korean people were freed from the horrors the endure.

I'm shocked the international community has not just invaded. I would fully support a war where the north Korean people were freed from the horrors the endure.

Who does this "international community" consist of?

War with NK is a lose / lose for everyone. At least the last 60 years and currently it's only been (for the most part) has mainly been a lose / lose for NK.

I doubt that's entirely true. Lots people and virtually every western intelligence agency believed that Saddam had WMDs. The idea that Saddam having WMDs was obvious, intentional lies is revisionist history so liberals can feel smug.

Did Bush and co. lie about other stuff like al-quada connections and tons of other stuff to promote war propaganda? Yes. But that's not the core issue. Lots of people really thought that Iraq had WMDs.
Well of course we believed he had weapons of mass destruction because we fucking sold them to him .
http://foreignpolicy.com/2013/08/26...-america-helped-saddam-as-he-gassed-iran/amp/
Now I know you believe the CIA when it suits conservative agenda but think they're full of shit when it goes against Trumpites. Am I right ?

Could you be specific on how Iraq and Libya set the tone for our current situation with 3 rd world leaders ? No sarcasm , just genuinely curious .

They have nukes and ICBMs. They're a little bit of engineering fine-tuning from being able wipe out a mainland American city. Then it's just stockpiling until they can wipe out the entire U.S.

Many Americans would rather go to war than allow that to become a reality.

Yes, it is worse. It's now half a step from them having the ability to kill millions of Americans and 1 step from them having the ability to kill every American.

What kind of missile defense does USA have? Surely they would be capable of detecting a missile coming at them, and blow that up in the air....

This is what I've assumed anyway.

What kind of missile defense does USA have? Surely they would be capable of detecting a missile coming at them, and blow that up in the air....

This is what I've assumed anyway.
Missile defense systems are bullshit

the people in Seoul and the rest of SK would be decimated if it ever came time to invade NK

Back