RIP Rafael Garcia

ProBoxingInsidr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Didn't see a thread on this. Rafael was a great guy to be around. It was great he got inducted into the NVBHOF this year and it meant a lot to him. I only saw him a couple times since then, but he was always great. For those who dont know, he was floyd's cutman for a long time. he gotthe job when miguel diaz jumped ship because he thought Corrales was going to beat Floyd. That sure cost Diaz a lot of money, and made a lot for Rafael.

Here are some guys paying their respects. Leonard says that Floyd was able to go see him just before he passed.

Wasn't he just recently working some corners?

RIP.

Wasn't he just recently working some corners?

RIP.
Not sure to be honest. I didnt know though that he was in rough shape. he was in the gym a few weeks ago and seemed ok. But apparently he was in a hospice when this all went down, so it wasnt expected. and Jeff Mayweather told me Rafael's son let him know a couple days ago that he was in rough shape. i dont think he ever really got over the bee stings. it was remarkable he got through that at the time

Not sure to be honest. I didnt know though that he was in rough shape. he was in the gym a few weeks ago and seemed ok. But apparently he was in a hospice when this all went down, so it wasnt expected. and Jeff Mayweather told me Rafael's son let him know a couple days ago that he was in rough shape. i dont think he ever really got over the bee stings. it was remarkable he got through that at the time
Shit happens in a flash when you're 88.

The guy lived a cool life.

RIP. He road the train til the wheels fell off.

Didn't see a thread on this. Rafael was a great guy to be around. It was great he got inducted into the NVBHOF this year and it meant a lot to him. I only saw him a couple times since then, but he was always great. For those who dont know, he was floyd's cutman for a long time. he gotthe job when miguel diaz jumped ship because he thought Corrales was going to beat Floyd. That sure cost Diaz a lot of money, and made a lot for Rafael.

Here are some guys paying their respects. Leonard says that Floyd was able to go see him just before he passed.

<You11> HARD WORK !!

RIP. The guy knew his job.

Now he gets to work with Ali and Marciano...you KNOW there's boxing in heaven.

RIP.

RIP, what a life he led. Nice run, didn't linger around all messed up. I'd say a life well-lived.

Godspeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back