** RIP Joao Carvalho: HELP a Fallen MMA Fighter's Family With A Donation. **

i remember reading a few years ago about a guy that died after his first pro fight, i believe he was 6'9 fighting at 155

yeah man, Corey Hill, RIP

I think he was more like 6'4" @ 155, which was still a stretch, literally... His shin paid the price for that, years before Anderson made it cool.

it shoulda been Gabe...

Such awful news. Things like this are why I respect every single person who gets inside of the ring/cage.

RIP.

yeah man, Corey Hill, RIP

I think he was more like 6'4" @ 155, which was still a stretch, literally... His shin paid the price for that, years before Anderson made it cool.

it shoulda been Gabe...
Corey Hills death was unrelated to fighting

this is just a reminder of how disgusting the UFC is with their fighters pay. these men and women put their lives on the line only to live paycheck to paycheck, all the while the UFC is a multi billion dollar company.

Shame on the UFC, I will only support their competitors from here on out!

this is just a reminder of how disgusting the UFC is with their fighters pay. these men and women put their lives on the line only to live paycheck to paycheck, all the while the UFC is a multi billion dollar company.

Shame on the UFC, I will only support their competitors from here on out!

This guy died from a fight in a competitor league (TEF). It had nothing to do with the UFC.

As for their other bigger competitors, just as one example Bellator paid Salvador Becerra $1,750 for a fight last year.

RIP.

It's crazy MMA fighters arent getting paid more, it's arguably the most exciting sport in the world with the highest risk of serious injury or even death.

No clearer way to support MMA than this...

This link has been verified by SBG Head Coach John Kavanagh, all money will go directly to the family of Joao Carvalho.

Donated. I am concerned by the fact that Conor McGregor hasn't donated shit though, given he's the money man there... hell, even Kavanagh's parents donated.

i remember reading a few years ago about a guy that died after his first pro fight, i believe he was 6'9 fighting at 155
2nd concussion syndrome. He had suffered an ammy KO loss where he lost consciousness a few weeks before that and didn't note that on his prefight paperwork and went pro.

Donated. I am concerned by the fact that Conor McGregor hasn't donated shit though, given he's the money man there... hell, even Kavanagh's parents donated.

Maybe he did give something to them without using the gofundme, so people will still donate and it doesn't reach it's goal so early? Who the fuck knows? Shitting on Conor without any information is...weird.

Anyone else having trouble donating? It keeps saying my card is declined. Nothing wrong my the card though, I even tried a second one. Maybe its because im in the U.S and they're not?

My heart goes out to the family but why do they need 20k? A not so bad funeral cost 5k, people die everyday, I dunno why they need an extra 15 thousand.

My heart goes out to the family but why do they need 20k? A not so bad funeral cost 5k, people die everyday, I dunno why they need an extra 15 thousand.

Its not just the funeral cost. It's the plot of land to bury them in. Ppl buy up graves and sell them for profit. Serious

My brother in law was killed in Australia and it cost in the region of €50,000 to bring his remains home to Ireland. That was paying for death certs, taxes to both countries and costs of transport etc. Plus Carvalho was in hospital for a few days, in intensive care, that doesn't come cheap. Portugal is much closer but I imagine the costs are still very high. It's not just a matter of covering funeral costs.

Back