RIP Jim ‘The Anvil’ Neidhart

salamander

Promethium Belt
Banned
Reaction score
This very sad. Up until the Benoit murders I was a huge fan of wrestling dating all the way back to Big Daddy Siki.

I was an absolute shit-my-pants-and-not-even-care MARK for the Hart Foundation, even when they beat the bulldogs for the tag team belts (it was like watching your four best buddies fight each other) because they were Canadian. It made my young ass feel proud of my country.

And when they formed the new Hart Foundation with Owen (RIP) and Pillman (RIP), Jim was like the Arn Anderson of the crew, except he had the jovial malice that he played perfectly with that evil-ass coke laugh and the goatee stroking.

I feel for his family, but I also feel for Bret, who currently holds the record for being the most bitter man to have ever existed (if you don't believe me Youtube any interview with him.)

This won't help his mood at all.

RIP Jim. Along with Iron Mike Sharp, he'll always be one of my luminaries in the Canadian constellation of stars.

KKQ2.gif

neidhart_1.jpg

jim_main_new.jpg

JIM+NEIDHART+W+BACKGROUND.jpg

https://globalnews.ca/news/4384500/jim-neidhart-dead/

Last edited:
RIP Anvil.

This isn't indicative of the wrestling death epidemic from a decade and a half ago, I think, which is now over.

Mass majority of wrestlers are dying due to old age / natural causes in recent years, with an occasional outlier here or there (IE: Brian Christopher).

RIP Anvil.

This isn't indicative of the wrestling death epidemic from a decade and a half ago, I think, which is now over.

Mass majority of wrestlers are dying due to old age / natural causes in recent years, with an occasional outlier here or there (IE: Brian Christopher).
He was only 63, I'd say its very similar. Savage died at pretty much the same age.

The Hart Foundation was one of my all time favorite tag teams. I actually preferred Brett as part of THF than as a single match wrestler.

RIP

Dude was huge.
Jim%2BNeidhart%2B03.jpg

RIP, big man

Yeah dude was built like a tank. Even for a wrestler he looked solid. The sort of dude you'd try and marry in prison just so no one would fuck with you

R.I.P., Anvil...

He was the other purple/pink guy, right, before Owen?

RIP Anvil. So many good memories from the Hart Foundation era.

RIP Anvil.

Here's the wrestlers that have died this year.
Bruno Sanmartino 82
Big Billy Busick 63
Brian Christopher Lawler 46
Brickhouse Brown 57
Anvil 63
Jimmy Valient (that sucked for me as well) 71
Masa Saito 76
Matt Cappoteli 38 (smh)
Nikoli Volkoff 70
Paul Jones 75
Rockin Rebel 52 (smh)
The "Bullophant" Big Van Vader 63
https://wrestlerdeaths.com/wrestlers-who-died-this-year

They lived average of 75.6 years before they died.
I know that in Canada the average life expectancy for an non-aboriginal male is 79 years.

In the US is 76 https://www.statista.com/statistics/274513/life-expectancy-in-north-america/

I think you might be right.

Damn, RIP Anvil/Jim. The Heart Foundation was my favorite tag team when I was a kid. His goatee and amazing laugh were a big part of why they became so popular.

The Hart Foundation was an amazing tag team. Huge Bret Hart fan back in the day, but it was only when I revisted the stuff from the early 90s that I came to appreciate how awesome Neidhart and Bret pairing was.

Horrible shit that Davey Boy, Owen, Pillman, Anvil are gone.

Back