RIP Delores O'Riordan

Man what a fucking sucky way to start the year.
I had the biggest crush on her in high school. The cranberries have some great songs.
Im starting to feel old now that my teenage idols are slowly passing away

Wow...RIP. Her wikipedia says she died "unexpectedly" during a studio session. I wonder what that could be...either way scary.

Zombie is a fantastic song. Iconic.

igc37l.png

So weird. I listened to Zombie on youtube yesterday, first time I'd conciously put it on in years. Then this happens.
Not exactly my favourite band of all time, but still a big part of my youth.

Loved the Cranberries and Delores. Definitely a shock.

She's had drug and depression issues in the past though sadly.

I'm thankful we got a really great acoustic album to go out on. It's lovely and the 2 new tracks are up there with their best songs to me.

Damn, that fucking sucks. I really liked The Cranberries and dug her voice.

<Ellaria01>

Her life and music will always be a part of who I am. I hope she is at peace...

Why is it all my metal Idols who are much older and were druggies are outliving the later teenage Alternative stars of the 90's?

RIP :(

Why is it all my metal Idols who are much older and were druggies are outliving the later teenage Alternative stars of the 90's?

RIP :(

Because those metal guys like cocaine, speed, and booze.

90s artists like smack. Heroin had a huge boom in the 90s. And the depressed sound was in.

Because those metal guys like cocaine, speed, and booze.

90s artists like smack. Heroin had a huge boom in the 90s. And the depressed sound was in.
I can think of plenty of heroin addicts that are older, still alive, from the era before Alternative. Keith Richards and Mick Jagger stand out. As does Ozzy. They did all the drugs but Heroin was a big one for them.

A bit younger would be the entire Guns and roses roster(Adler being the worst), Nikki Sixx and Mustaine types.

Edit: but fuck it, we can do another thread for that.

RIP Delores :(

RIP. Having been in my teens in the 90's, I really enjoyed her voice and unique talent when the Cranberries started playing in the US. Very tragic loss :(

Not much love for Dolores here eh?

RIP Dolores. (not Delores)

Back