RIP Chris Cornell (death ruled suicide by hanging)

I try my best to see my youngest. She stops it because she's afraid I'll take him. Makes me really sad, and I love him. To the 4 I am able, I'm a good dad.

sorry to hear that, hope she comes to her senses .

I think you are off base here though man . Suicide should be approached from a place of compassion, not disgust. Just my opinion

Well then I guess people were different in your area. Soumdgarden was respected, butbthey weren't really "cool" around here as much. Ironic, because I'm talking about metro Detroit and SE MI. This was a big music area in the 90s, and fans, like I said, respected the hell out of Cornell's singing chops.

PS because I would only listen to somebody on this matter between the age of 35-42.

Yep, it's now known that he admitted to taking too many Ativan and was acting weird. His wife asked his security to check up on him. They had a conversation that seemed bizarre to her. Those medicines can cause severe suicide risk. It would make perfect sense that he had a bad reaction to Ativan and took his own life.

I don't know anything about Ativan. I wonder if it would make a normal happy person suicidal, or if it only increases suicidal thoughts in those who are depressed to begin with.

I don't know anything about Ativan. I wonder if it would make a normal happy person suicidal, or if it only increases suicidal thoughts in those who are depressed to begin with.

He probably wouldn'thave had the script if he was " normal " in the first place.

Everything about you is owed to a chemical reaction so i wouldn't put anything outside the realm of possibility as far drugs and behavior go. Go eat a tiny little peice of paper with some acid on it and you'll get the gist of it.

Hang in there buddy, I know that shit has got to be rough. I'm not sure if it will help you or not, but for me reading Infinite Jest helped me gain some real perspective on human behavior in general. Particularly the depressive and obsessive mindsets. It's kind of an undertaking to get through but really helped me come to terms with certain things.

It's definitely manifested in a lot of destructive behavior in my life. I'm rebounding from a downward spiral that I thought would result in me just killing myself at one point. Luckily I've got a good support system around me that's kept me from taking the leap, but it sure as fuck looks appealing to just end it. If I had to be honest, I'm more scared of fucking it up than accomplishing it. I just take things day to day and try to get away from everything as much as possible. Being outside doing physical labor seems to help me the most.

I'm not sure, but they clearly state that a side effect is suicidal thoughts and worsened depression, which would explain what happened here. I know Chris has been through years of depression and drug addictions. There must have been tons of thoughts about self harm in there too. The wrong meds might just have been enough to set off what happened.

Watching his concert video though shows a man who is clearly not happy. Hanging seems so painful to me. I can't imagine making that choice.

Ativan really? Very mild anti anxiety med in my experience. I guess everyone's brain chemistry is different though

The real reason some sherdoggers think this is because they like to play arm chair psychologist per usual. For one, you can't attempt to to put a one size fits all solution to life and two you cant rationalize the behavior of an irrational mind. The latter in particular is clearly eluding posters here with the statements of oh how could he do this when he has kids or is famous etc,etc.

All this boils down to is big talk. The posters here harping on about how brave youre supposed to be in the face of life are going to be in for a rude awakening if they ever truly hit rock bottom or are blind sided with a sudden tragedy or one they have yet to face in their lives.

People approach depression with their normal, healthy outlook on life and say they'd do this or that. Easy to say when you haven't been dealing with depression for decades. They can't grasp they wouldn't think about it the same way if they actually had depression. A lot of people have a complete lack of empathy or awareness that other people are experiencing a different life than they are.

Ativan really? Very mild anti anxiety med in my experience. I guess everyone's brain chemistry is different though

Straight from the company's mouth...

Pre-existing depression may emerge or worsen during use of benzodiazepines including lorazepam. Ativan (lorazepam) is not recommended for use in patients with a primary depressive disorder orpsychosis.

Seems like the type of drug that could set someone off it the accidentally take more than they are used to.

Benzos are no joke. A lot of girls who take Xanax and kolonipins are borderline psycho.

Straight from the company's mouth...

Pre-existing depression may emerge or worsen during use of benzodiazepines including lorazepam. Ativan (lorazepam) is not recommended for use in patients with a primary depressive disorder orpsychosis.

Seems like the type of drug that could set someone off it the accidentally take more than they are used to.

Gotta love that crafty wording

"preexisting depression may emerge "

If it's not "emerged" than you're not depressed and it doesnt exist.....right?

I guess it's better than saying " Theres a chance this shit is gonna turn you into a depressive basket case "

I just shed a few tears reading about this.

It's weird to be that emotional from the passing of someone else I've never met.. but I'm a big fan of his music. I've always said Cornell is one of the best rock singers, ever. Super fucked up way to go... I don't really think benzos should be prescribed to people. Stress and anxiety is just part of life, you don't need pills to cope with it.

Honestly I'm against all of that shit. Anti depressants, add medicine, anxiety... all of it is dumb. Humans have lived for thousands of years without that garbage. You do not need it

Benzos are no joke. A lot of girls who take Xanax and kolonipins are borderline psycho.

It is kind of weird how many girls are on klonopin, low dose ativian, and/or lexapro

It is a side effect of this rape culture we live in I guess. I also think part of the anxiety is the pressure of superficial looks, put on them by the media. However, because of cognitive dissonance, they blame something else, such as thinking every man is a rapist.

sounds like too much Ativan

A police report from the investigation into the death of Chris Cornell has revealed new details regarding the singer's suicide.

Chris Cornell: 8 Great Acoustic Covers

According to the report, obtained by the Detroit News, Cornell had a troubling telephone conversation with his wife Vicky in the hour before his death where he admitted to taking "an extra Ativan or two" and was slurring his words, reiterating Vicky Cornell's separate statementFriday morning.

The police report also fleshed out the timeline of what transpired from the time Soundgarden's Detroit concertended to the time the singer was found dead in his hotel room's bathroom.

Soon after Soundgarden's concert ended, at 11:30 p.m., Cornell's bodyguard Martin Kirsten said he accompanied the singer to his hotel room to help fix his computer and give him two Ativan "which victim takes for anxiety," the police report states.

Soon after, Cornell and Vicky spoke on the phone, with the singer slurring his words, admitting he may have taken too much Ativan and repeatedly saying "I am just tired" before abruptly hanging up.

Following that conversation, Vicky Cornell called Kirsten to check on her husband. Despite having the key to Cornell's room, Kirsten couldn't open the door because it was latched. Kirsten then called hotel security, who told the bodyguard that they could not let him in the room because he wasn't authorized to enter it.

Despite security's refusal to assist, Kirsten then kicked open Cornell's hotel door. The bedroom door was also latched, so the bodyguard again called hotel security before ultimately kicking open that door. Upon inspecting the bathroom, Kirsten found Cornell "laying on the bathroom floor" with blood running down his mouth and a red exercise band around his neck.

According to TMZ, Cornell fastened the band to a carabiner that had been lodged into the doorframe, leaving indentation marks.

Just before 1 a.m., paramedics entered Cornell's room, removed the band from his neck and attempted CPR on the singer, who was not breathing. A doctor who later came to the scene pronounced Cornell dead at 1:30 a.m.

pretty sad. Soundgardern was a huge part of my teenage years, back in the 90's. What's even more sad is a husband and father with young children taking his own life.

Back