RIP Chris Cornell (death ruled suicide by hanging)

I'm not coming in here trying to help edgy goofball, that's exactly
My thoughts. Cry about it. So next time, even you have some trouble going on you better commit suicide because by your logic that's exactly what you're saying. So leaving behind some money is "taking care of the family"? Boy I'm sure they are thrilled her husband is now dead from hanging and their kids are just thrilled about it too right? His wife is going to be fucked for life now and will never stop thinking why, and why she couldn't at least get closure. His kids no doubt will too..but a bit of money left behind will change everything right? If he didn't have a will they won't receive everything anyways, but that should mean dick. There are people in this world who have it a billion times worse than him and stay strong and keep going. To have some "trouble going on" in your words and just abandon your family by suicide is a pathetic thing to do. Eat a dick if that upsets you.

You're right. There are people with lives way worse than his. He had money, fame, influence, fans, family. Whatever you think a healthy person would want. AND HE STILL FUCKING KILLED HIMSELF. Your own words show how irrational and messed up the brain has to be for someone to commit suicide. It's not the actions of a rational person. It's the actions of a sick individual who has demons so strong that having all the material things in the world means nothing. Depression is powerful shit, and if you've never been through it, it's hard to understand why someone would choose that.

Watching that video of his last song was sad. I saw a man who was barely holding his shit together. He didn't seem to enjoy any of that performance. Looked like a broken man doing what he's supposed to until he couldn't do it anymore.

Net Worth of $60mill. !!!!!

Hope he at least had the good sense to strangle-bate his way out.....

khan-quiver.gif

depression is a weird thing. those chemicals that's swishing around in a persons head is different for everyone. to judge someone harshly based on something they did (like suicide) because they were depressed (not the overlly dramatic teenage version) but the legit, medically defined depression, is a dick move.

and BTW, the family is questioning whether it was suicide or not. they think he had a bad reaction to some prescriptions he was taking based on the conversation his wife had with him prior to his death. so they are waiting on toxicology report to come out.

Apparently, from what I'm seeing on another board, he may have taken too many Ativan and that's what he conveyed to his wife when he spoke with her. That's why she went to check on him

I was prescribed Ativan once and it totally fucked with my head and sent me into a severe depressive state. I was an emotional wreck, on the verge of tears for days. I spoke with a friend who is a pharmacist about it and she told me that's known to happen with some people. I stopped taking it and leveled out.

For someone with Cornell's history I can totally relate to that putting him over the edge.

As for those that say "fuck him, he had kids"; in his fucked up state of mind it's very likely he thought they would be better off without him. That's how mental illness works, it's difficult for a rational person to understand.

Oh and RIP to an amazing singer and performer. Only had the pleasure of seeing him once with Soundgarden at Lollapalooza in 92 and they we're fucking amazing!

Apparently, from what I'm seeing on another board, he may have taken too many Ativan and that's what he conveyed to his wife when he spoke with her. That's why she went to check on him

I was prescribed Ativan once and it totally fucked with my head and sent me into a severe depressive state. I was an emotional wreck, on the verge of tears for days. I spoke with a friend who is a pharmacist about it and she told me that's known to happen with some people. I stopped taking it and leveled out.

For someone with Cornell's history I can totally relate to that putting him over the edge.

As for those that say "fuck him, he had kids"; in his fucked up state of mind it's very likely he thought they would be better off without him. That's how mental illness works, it's difficult for a rational person to understand.

Yep, it's now known that he admitted to taking too many Ativan and was acting weird. His wife asked his security to check up on him. They had a conversation that seemed bizarre to her. Those medicines can cause severe suicide risk. It would make perfect sense that he had a bad reaction to Ativan and took his own life.

Yep, it's now known that he admitted to taking too many Ativan and was acting weird. His wife asked his security to check up on him. They had a conversation that seemed bizarre to her. Those medicines can cause severe suicide risk. It would make perfect sense that he had a bad reaction to Ativan and took his own life.

That's what happened with my mom, she was in a severe depression for quite a while. She'd be in tears over nothing constantly and felt like a freak for stupid shit. She went to a doctor, he put her on meds (not sure of exactly what), didn't monitor her properly and about 2 weeks later she went in the crawl space with a .44 magnum and shot herself in the head.

Odd thing was, she was more upbeat the last week of her life than she had been in like a year. So my dad thought the meds were working. But, that's how the suicidal mind works, she knew her pain was going to be over soon and saw a light at the end of the dark tunnel she'd been stuck in. She thought she was doing us a favor by unburdening us of her.

That's what happened with my mom, she was in a severe depression for quite a while. She'd be in tears over nothing constantly and felt like a freak for stupid shit. She went to a doctor, he put her on meds (not sure of exactly what), didn't monitor her properly and about 2 weeks later she went in the crawl space with a .44 magnum and shot herself in the head.

Odd thing was, she was more upbeat the last week of her life than she had been in like a year. So my dad thought the meds were working. But, that's how the suicidal mind works, she knew her pain was going to be over soon and saw a light at the end of the dark tunnel she'd been stuck in. She thought she was doing us a favor by unburdening us of her.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Depression has been something that's plagued my life for a long time. I can't count the number of times I've just wished to end things. Going on those type of meds has always scared me away from seeking any sort of help. It seems like they can send you off in either direction without any real explanation. Maybe one day medicine will get to a point where it can identify and help people at high risk of suicide.

Kinda makes you a bigger douchebag for shitting on a guy who couldn't beat his demons
Once you have kids you don't have to enjoy life for yourself anymore. You enjoy your kids enjoying it. You live for that. You stop being a selfish young person. What Chris did here was selfish.. You'll get more love itt kissing his ass.. And i have been listening to his awesome voice the last couple days, but the reality is what he did was selfish and not considerate of his kids.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Depression has been something that's plagued my life for a long time. I can't count the number of times I've just wished to end things. Going on those type of meds has always scared me away from seeking any sort of help. It seems like they can send you off in either direction without any real explanation. Maybe one day medicine will get to a point where it can identify and help people at high risk of suicide.

Hang in there buddy, I know that shit has got to be rough. I'm not sure if it will help you or not, but for me reading Infinite Jest helped me gain some real perspective on human behavior in general. Particularly the depressive and obsessive mindsets. It's kind of an undertaking to get through but really helped me come to terms with certain things.

Once you have kids you don't have to enjoy life for yourself anymore. You enjoy your kids enjoying it. You live for that. You stop being a selfish young person. What Chris did here was selfish.. You'll get more love itt kissing his ass.. And i have been listening to his awesome voice the last couple days, but the reality is what he did was selfish and not considerate of his kids.

What he did was irrational and possibly the result of a bad drug interaction. Suicidal ideation is a well known side effect of Ativan.

Does it make you feel better to put your little label on everything? " Yep , he was a ' bad/ selfish ' dude ...next "

Some people are in a shit ton of pain, and that is the easy way out for them. My pops offed himself too, completely unexpectedly. Ive suffered with anxiety and depression too, so I get it. I have kids too, but sometimes your suicidal thoughts trump even seeing your kids have fun.

Divorce is selfish and not considerate of kids, careers are selfish and not considerate of kids, many people's diets are selfish and should be considered outright abuse of kids, let alone considerate of them. You Sir, are a dick.

Divorce is selfish and not considerate of kids, careers are selfish and not considerate of kids, many people's diets are selfish and should be considered outright abuse of kids, let alone considerate of them. You Sir, are a dick.

Children need a father. Cornell was a dick.

Don't you not see one of your 5.....whats that make you?

I've got 4 btw , and I agree they need a father. That's why I'm a father , not a sperm donor.

I try my best to see my youngest. She stops it because she's afraid I'll take him. Makes me really sad, and I love him. To the 4 I am able, I'm a good dad.

Back