RIP Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

Obviously not since I Googled it before I posted and saw plenty of links
Guess you just suck

No, you didn't.

If there had been links I wouldn't have asked, and the links I eventually found were time stamped after my post.

Grow up.

He was the best manager ever. Such a great performer and a big part of my childhood. Fuck

Sad news. His combo with Monsoon was gold

Sucks to lose such a great personality, but in a way it's probably for the best. He was clearly suffering, and has been dying a very slow and painful death for years now.

RIP.

RIP Bobby.

One of my favorite memories that always sticks out for some reason was during the king of the road match between the blacktop bully and Dustin Rhodes (which was held in tupelo Mississippi) at one point during the match the truck drives by a trailer park and Bobby says "there's a beautiful shot of downtown Tupelo". For some reason I remember laughing my ass off.

RIP Bobby Heenan

Greatest line ever in wrestling commentary
"Janetty tried to dive through the window to escape! Did you see that? What an act of cowardism!"

The Brain's ability to view reality through a heel prism will never be replicated.

The pairing of him and Gorilla Monsoon encompass some of my fondest memories of WWE.

Weasel FTW.

GOAT Heel Commentator

that sucks. I liked him. He was funny.... looked horrible the last few years though, unrecognizable

R.I.P. Brain...

The man turned being a heel into an art form. Probably the BEST manager of all time.

"North Dakota State. What do you have to do there to graduate? Milk a cow with your left hand?"

- Bobby "The Brain" Heenan

RIP. It's been a long, long time since I even had a passing interest in pro wrestling, but Heenan was a notable part of what I found entertaining once upon a time.

No, you didn't.

If there had been links I wouldn't have asked, and the links I eventually found were time stamped after my post.

Grow up.
Yup I did
His Wikipedia popped up clear as day
Said he was dead
You're wrong and dumb

In January 2002, Heenan announced that he had throat cancer.[2] Heenan later recovered from throat cancer, but lost a great deal of weight, dramatically changing his appearance and voice. Following early treatments, he spoke in a soft, high-pitched tone which contrasts noticeably with the tone fans were accustomed to hearing him use as a color commentator. He went from 231 pounds (105 kg) to 190 pounds (86 kg) or even less.

In December 2007, Heenan had reconstructive surgery on his jaw, after the first surgery was unsuccessful. He was placed in a medically-induced coma and was slowly brought out.[19] In the second half of January 2008, he had come out of his medically induced coma. Though not yet able to speak, he was communicating with his eyes. He had several more surgeries to reconstruct facial features. In October 2008, it was reported that he was able to speak a few sentences before getting tired. In February 2009, it was reported that he was still relearning how to speak clearly and out of the hospital.

On December 11, 2009, Heenan was hospitalized at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa, FL after an examination of his rebuilt jaw found an infection that needed to be treated. By 2010, his jaw infection was completely eradicated. In 2011, he broke a hip and his pelvis in a fall and recovered within a few months.

According to an interview given by Jim Ross in October 2013, Heenan was "hanging in there" and continuing to have trouble speaking as a result of tongue cancer treatments.[20] In April 2014, while in Las Vegas attending a wedding, he fell out of bed and broke a shoulder and in May 2016, he suffered another fall and broke a hip

Its probably for the best considering what he was going through.

One of my favorite Heenan memories is when him and tony schiavone were on wcw Saturday night,which is a can show for jobbers...and hacksaw jim duggan was wrestling,and bobby is just laying into him on the commentary,just calling him a big dummy,so bad that tony gets upset at it.
This was like 20 yrs ago but this how I remember it...
So Hacksaw finishes the match and tony defends Hacksaw and says hes a very intelligent man,and Heenan? he just laughs. He laugsh all through the replay of the finish of the match,until they go to commercial. Tony doesn't say shit,so when you watch the replay in like 5 different angles,you just hear heenan laughing hysterically. It was so GOOD.

I used to watch that show every weekend, along with saturday night shotgun. Those were the days.

No lie. In terms of performers in the business, he has to be top five all time.

Back