Crime Riots over gas prices in France. At least 2 dead, 600 injured.

Rioting is a national pastime in France. They never truly got over 1789.

73% of the french public support the protests. Marcon is a elitist and needs to be taken out of power. Viva Le Pen

Lol le Pen was raised in a fucking castle, she has nothing for the working class and had been exposed against macron.

Lol le Pen was raised in a fucking castle, she has nothing for the working class and had been exposed against macron.
Agreed, she sucked during the debate.

But even if she was from the hood lol and had been great during the debate against Macron, the French still would have picked the Rotschild Banker, as they've always been ordered to do.

Her father's program, then hers would have been way better for the working class. Check who was for what and who was against what in the 20 last years.

France's system of government is very centralized, remnants of the country's divine monarchy system and Napoleon's changes to the country's territorial administration. The central government has total control over the executive branch, the legislative branch and the content and writing of all new laws, the agenda of the parliament and it also presides over the judicial branch. Local government also answers directly to the state, and they don't have much power to take decisions of their own. What this means is that, once the election is over, citizens have no path that they can use to get their grievances heard in a civilized matter. So the way things managed to reach some kind of homoeostasis despite this is through the citizens going on massive strikes and protests in order to force (kind of) the centralized state to listen to what they have to say. If you wanted to see the positives you could also say that this kind of set-up allows the state to act quickly and efficiently in a chosen direction instead of being stuck in dead-lock for years which happens under other systems, which can be good assuming the chosen direction is good.

France's system of government is very centralized, remnants of the country's divine monarchy system and Napoleon's changes to the country's territorial administration. The central government has total control over the executive branch, the legislative branch and the content and writing of all new laws, the agenda of the parliament and it also presides over the judicial branch. Local government also answers directly to the state, and they don't have much power to take decisions of their own. What this means is that, once the election is over, citizens have no path that they can use to get their grievances heard in a civilized matter. So the way things managed to reach some kind of homoeostasis despite this is through the citizens going on massive strikes and protests in order to force (kind of) the centralized state to listen to what they have to say. If you wanted to see the positives you could also say that this kind of set-up allows the state to act quickly and efficiently in a chosen direction instead of being stuck in dead-lock for years which happens under other systems, which can be good assuming the chosen direction is good.

And to complete your point, our presidents and governments now have to obey to European Union's decisions, even if they are against our national citizens interests.

Those who benefit the most are the economic elites (free market) and politicians (national positions/revenues AND european positions/revenues).

Rioting is a national pastime in France. They never truly got over 1789.
It's an admirable quality of the French to launch mass protests and disruptions. It makes it harder for their government to be less accountable. We would do well to emulate the French.

It's an admirable quality of the French to launch mass protests and disruptions. It makes it harder for their government to be less accountable. We would do well to emulate the French.

many countries pay more than the french and i dont see them rioting.

Last edited:

i guess that makes sense although its hardly democratic.

I'm French and here are some explanation :

Most of the french population usually work for 1200€ (1500$)/month, have to pay a rent 600-800€ (1000$)/month, have to pay 200-300€ (400$) for oil for their cars, and the rest for food, kids needs etc.. and the goverment keep adding taxes for BS on the majority, and nothing on the wealthy folks.

Basically, that's the problem.

On the bright side you have heavily subsidized muslim ghettos. So it totally evens out.

The French propensity to protest is an admirable trait , nothing our government foists on us will get us up of our fat arses .

France is primed to go into chaos. The influx of immigrants that have taken control of whole areas and are always on the edge for violence.

Amazing to see public resistance to something else than senseless identity politics.

I wish more people took the streets in resistance to the neo-liberals concerted effort to undermine social democracy in Europe.

The gas tax is the most fucked up shitty way to deal with how much americans consume that I can think of. Fuck Obama for endorsing this idea when he was president and any other politician that endorses it too.

The answer is federally enforced laws forcing car companies to produce vehicles that use WAY less gas.

Istead they gotta fuck the poor guy over once again.

Gas tax is used pay for roads, bridges, etc. It is not used to deter gas usage. In fact, States are having problems because revenue from gas taxes is going down.

Acceptable when it comes to gas prices imo. Wish the UK would do the same.

Yeah diesel is very popular over there, very common. Over here I am paying about $3.19 for a gallon of diesel. Petrol is $2.39 a gallon, so I envy the petrol guys when I go fill up my tank.

I'm jealous each morning when my wife unplugs her car in a warm garage and I think about freezing at a gas station while I wait for a slow pump to put 32 gallons of gas in my van.

Ds7Qf3mXcAAdjv0.jpg
The "Yellow Vests" are bringing back blast from the past.

I'm jealous each morning when my wife unplugs her car in a warm garage and I think about freezing at a gas station while I wait for a slow pump to put 32 gallons of gas in my van.
Meanwhile she has to charge her car every night while you can go weeks without doing so and don't need to map your routes on long trips.

Agreed, she sucked during the debate.

But even if she was from the hood lol and had been great during the debate against Macron, the French still would have picked the Rotschild Banker, as they've always been ordered to do.

Her father's program, then hers would have been way better for the working class. Check who was for what and who was against what in the 20 last years.

I'm french too and I know enough the situation and the history of the 30 last years to see how much your pov is biased. So I will not answer.
Cheers.

Back