Rio Olympics

Sham5916910

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Thought id get the ball rolling im sure we have olympic bettors here.

Im a big athletics (track and field) fan so will be betting on that always value.

So far 1.8 unit on bolt to win 200m + kovacs to win mens shot put @ approx +250.

Im eyeing ktj in womens heptathlon think i saw her somewhere at +300. Individually she is better than jess over all events i think bar 100m hurdes and javelin. But shes young and bottled it at the worlds last year. If she can put it together she wins this.

Tempted to fade bolt over 100m and take gatlin. But bolt is a championship performer who always performs. He is past his best and gatlin should have beat him last year over 100m at worlds but badly tightened up last 10m.

Copello mens 400m hurdles had huge value a month ago @ +1000 but never got round to hitting it now hes +400. Still worth a stab but real open event.

One more jeff henderson long jump +350. Rutherford is consistent which is why he has all these golds but he cant jump beyond 8.30. If henderson doesnt bottle it he can defo out jump rutherford hes been over 8.50 this year.

Might tail on some of these for the sole reason betting on something like long jump is kind of funny. Reminds me of when I tailed Miss America plays

Thought id get the ball rolling im sure we have olympic bettors here.

Im a big athletics (track and field) fan so will be betting on that always value.

So far 1.8 unit on bolt to win 200m + kovacs to win mens shot put @ approx +250.

Im eyeing ktj in womens heptathlon think i saw her somewhere at +300. Individually she is better than jess over all events i think bar 100m hurdes and javelin. But shes young and bottled it at the worlds last year. If she can put it together she wins this.

Tempted to fade bolt over 100m and take gatlin. But bolt is a championship performer who always performs. He is past his best and gatlin should have beat him last year over 100m at worlds but badly tightened up last 10m.

Copello mens 400m hurdles had huge value a month ago @ +1000 but never got round to hitting it now hes +400. Still worth a stab but real open event.

Nice, we needed a thread for rio, I was gonna make one in the next few days! been looking at the 100/200m markets this week, Initial leans is to bet against bolt, but his price has shortened, so i may leave it a while. there's a good possibility of it shortening more as this is the showcase of every games, so obviously there's going to be a lot of casual bet's being placed by the general public and bolt fans, seeing as his name is so widespread.

what do you think of his chances? is he at 100% I heard he's had a lot of injuries lately.

I think I'll watch most of the soccer. Fun sport to bet and Sweden has a chance to do half decent in both.

I really think some of our women players are really good, but the coach is so un-likeable I can't bring myself to watch it much.

Guess I'll mostly be tailing stuff.

Nice, we needed a thread for rio, I was gonna make one in the next few days! been looking at the 100/200m markets this week, Initial leans is to bet against bolt, but his price has shortened, so i may leave it a while. there's a good possibility of it shortening more as this is the showcase of every games, so obviously there's going to be a lot of casual bet's being placed by the general public and bolt fans, seeing as his name is so widespread.

what do you think of his chances? is he at 100% I heard he's had a lot of injuries lately.

He cant run like he could 3 or 4 yrs ago those crazy times he ran are long gone injuries have taken their toll. He has only had one race heading into rio but hes such an amazing athlete he can do that and still win he did it before the worlds last year. I was at his race last friday and he ran 19.89 over 200m which is a very good time considering hes had no races all year but he didnt pull away like we are used to seeing. However i think he has the 200m in the bag you dont need such a good start like you do over 100m and 200m gives him longer to get into his running. The big question for me is can he win over 100m. He always struggles with his start but it never used to matter due to his speed but hes not as quick now so he needs a good start. As i said gatlin should have beaten him last year over 100m but bottled it near the line. I have to take gatlin over 100m or even field vs bolt depending on line. I dont think he will lose over 200m tho

Odds wise:

Bolt to win 200 is -250. Sham do you still see value in this. I mean yeah, he **should** win but this is a bit steep right? At -150 or even -175 I see it, but -250? I'm kind thinking pass unless lines shift away from him?

Bolt to win 100 is -160. Again, he should probably be favored even over Gatlin but this just seems too steep. If anything field at +140 maybe? Or just pass?

Thoughts? I have no idea what odds you got on these.

Odds wise:

Bolt to win 200 is -250. Sham do you still see value in this. I mean yeah, he **should** win but this is a bit steep right? At -150 or even -175 I see it, but -250? I'm kind thinking pass unless lines shift away from him?

Bolt to win 100 is -160. Again, he should probably be favored even over Gatlin but this just seems too steep. If anything field at +140 maybe? Or just pass?

Thoughts? I have no idea what odds you got on these.

-250 is a little steep i wouldnt play it su but i never play anyone/thing su much over evens just my style. I parlayed him with kovacs to win shot put at combined odds +250. But i really dont see bolt not winning the 200m. 200m gives him plenty of time to get into his running and once in full flight hes still no 1.

For 100m im not so confident and would play the field @ +140. If bolt doesnt get a good start and thats his weakness i think he struggles to beat gatlin here. Like i said tho bolt is the ultimate championship performer.

I got kovacs @ +120 for anyone interested. Hes looked awesome this yr whenever ive seen him but clearly betting on men throwing a steel ball is true degen betting!

So bummed about how weak golf will be in the Olympics. Fucking Rio. Five golfers in the top 10 are passing on it.

So bummed about how weak golf will be in the Olympics. Fucking Rio. Five golfers in the top 10 are passing on it.

But not surprising really. Obviously the conditions and Zeka and all that, but the allure just isn't there for guys making millions of dollars a year already. And as golfers they judge themselves by tournaments (mostly majors) won. Golf having been absent from the Olympics for so long just makes it a novelty for a lot of these guys I think.

The NBA guys (some of them anyway) sort of feel the same way.

Bolt never loses. Last year was especially hilarious when he was like +200 in the world championship. He did get dq'ed in 2011 so there's that though.

Gatlins fastest time this year is 9.8 over 100m. Not sure if i actually fancy him there coupled with the fact that he bottled it at the worlds there will be even more pressure at the olympics.

Unibet has a special deal on Bolt:

Gold on 100m, 200m and 4x100m @3.50. Is it worth it, how good is the Jamaican team?

Gold on 100m, 200m and 4x100m @3.50. Is it worth it, how good is the Jamaican team?

A gift imo. I don't remember the last time Jamaicans lost especially with Bolt as the last man running.
The biggest challenge is Gatlin at 100 but he is quitter when competing vs Bolt.

Edit. there is always a chance someone goofs and the team gets dq'ed though so should keep that in mind.

Im gonna take it be a shitty limit tho no doubt.

They in relay as long as no one drops baton blakes back too albeit not sure what kind of form hes in.

But not surprising really. Obviously the conditions and Zeka and all that, but the allure just isn't there for guys making millions of dollars a year already. And as golfers they judge themselves by tournaments (mostly majors) won. Golf having been absent from the Olympics for so long just makes it a novelty for a lot of these guys I think.

The NBA guys (some of them anyway) sort of feel the same way.

When it was first announced, everyone was making a huge deal out of it. I think once a few pulled out, it just set off a chain reaction.

I'm curious if odds will come out for Olympic Weightlifting.

Im gonna take it be a shitty limit tho no doubt.

They in relay as long as no one drops baton blakes back too albeit not sure what kind of form hes in.

Nice, then I'll take a stab as well. I play for such low bets there is no risk of me being limited.

Back