Rio Ferdinand

Bekim

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Ex premiership footballer wants to become a Pro Boxer...........

Not sure if he's doing this because of how much he has lost in his life but good luck to him, you only live once.

Not sure if he's doing this because of how much he has lost in his life but good luck to him, you only live once.

What.

Did you see him hit the pads? Then you know how this ends.

Did you see him hit the pads? Then you know how this ends.

Lol, no but from the look of the first frame of the video of how he is holding his hands.........it's not ending well I guess?

He's a cruiserweight apparently, so in the spirit of the times should debut against Usyk, right?

He's almost 39. His wife died of cancer and his mum died as well, he's bringing up 3 kids by himself, cant play football anymore and I guess he's looking for a purpose to life.

Getting your head kicked in when you're a multi millionaire seems unnecessary to me but that's up to him.

He's almost 39. His wife died of cancer and his mum died as well, he's bringing up 3 kids by himself, cant play football anymore and I guess he's looking for a purpose to life.

Getting your head kicked in when you're a multi millionaire seems unnecessary to me but that's up to him.

He could still play football at lower division and make some money doing it but getting your face smashed in at 38, in pro boxing is what he wants to do I guess.

I hope he gets out of his system............I don't think his kids want someone that looks like Mickey Rourke.........

He could still play football at lower division and make some money doing it but getting your face smashed in at 38, in pro boxing is what he wants to do I guess.

I hope he gets out of his system............I don't think his kids want someone that looks like Mickey Rourke.........
He is friends with Anthony Joshua isn't he? Maybe he thinks he can start a trend of tag team championships at heavyweight.

He is friends with Anthony Joshua isn't he? Maybe he thinks he can start a trend of tag team championships at heavyweight.

That's what he says in the video, celebrity boxing championship.

CBC, BELTS FOR EVERYONE........

I like Rio but this is just a gimmick. He only started boxing recently so he'll probably have 1 pro fight against a handpicked opponent just like Freddie Flintoff. You just can't learn the sport in such a small time period, even if you're in the gym 5 days a week

It says at the end of the article, that he isn't planning to make a career out of this and will have one pro fight. It's basically exactly the same as what flintoff did. He will be fed a can on his pro debut so he can win his 1 'Pro' fight

It's for a reality tv show.

Betfair have seen his social media posts and will sponsor it. It's going to be a sportsman trying another discipline format, following his training up to the fight.

He's saying he wants to fight for a belt. Maybe, maybe not. If so, it would have to be in a couple of years for the British title and that's ambitious.

I like Rio but this is just a gimmick. He only started boxing recently so he'll probably have 1 pro fight against a handpicked opponent just like Freddie Flintoff. You just can't learn the sport in such a small time period, even if you're in the gym 5 days a week
Yeah he needs to target Flintoff lol he was atrocious.

Back