Ringside Heritage 10oz Pro Fight Gloves

See i think ringside has really cool products, but because customer service relations is so god awful and having 1st hand experience with it... Yeah no thanks! Like doom said ive had awesome experiences with juan, bill and wes from title why would i waste time with ringside when they have clearly stated and express to me that im wasting their time.

Ringside products are "meh" from everything I've experienced. Not horrible, but certainly nothing to write home about. Their customer service however, it beyond awful.

I prefer the quality of Title products over Ringside, but they're fairly comparable. Title's service is the difference-maker and the reason I would recommend them over Ringside every day of the week.

I completely forgot about Wes and Title, I agree fully on this statement. The title equipment I have is better quality than the Ringside gear I have. But it's also just the customer service that truly makes a difference, I don't appreciate feeling like I'm being a hassle for asking questions. I'm the one spending the money, I kinda expect my questions to be answered without the person getting pissy.

Guys why do you blame Ringside's CS? Darrin does a great job at this forum, don't you think?

But seriously, have dealt with many CS, among the best is Hayabusa.
Juan is a league of his own. But so is one of the Ringside guys - Blair... though it doesn't help you much in the U.S.

Last edited:
Its nothing personal at all but when its comes down to dollar value, we simply expressed why we wouldnt go with ringside.

Its nothing personal at all but when its comes down to dollar value, we simply expressed why we wouldnt go with ringside.

Mate, "Guys why do you blame Ringside's CS? Darrin does a great job at this forum, don't you think?" was just an irony...

You meant sarcasm my brother. But I also just wanted to highlight something you alluded to earlier...what Darrin is doing is making guys like Blair and John FCS look bad when in fact those guys are the scarce few that provide high quality CS for Ringside. Darrin, you should be ashamed of yourself and Ringside should be ashamed to have you representing them in such a negative way when it comes to customer service. Even if you actually made winning gloves, I wouldn't buy from you. The fact that you do not even make a glove of remotely comparable quality to winning gloves and are continuing to speak like this is just an extra nail in what is already a fully bolted coffin.

I've received gear in shit-shape one too many times from Ringside. I've also inquired about a wholesale account on a number of occasions, and they've failed to set one up for me to this very day. Wes and Mohsin set up accounts for me within a day of my asking.

The constant hyping of their own gear on the forum is lame as hell too. The "it's better than everything" gets old fast when it's coming from the RS reps themselves.

I think ringside could take a page from century and how they dealt with negative feedback. The national sales manager took the complaints we had and addressed them as best he could and tried to prove their product was great quality and trust me the guys on the forum bashed century a lot worse than they bashed ringside and never did a negative comment or a put down ever come out of his mouth.

You know what if ringside offered an apology to me and tried to fix their past mistakes id be all for it. Its alot of rebuilding to do but they never once have offered to fix imfs that i now have gotten rid of since then.

They should take the century route and offer people to try out new products in exchange for reviews. But they wont, they focus on ringside stuff being superior to every product out there. So why waste time with old customers?

You know what if ringside offered an apology to me and tried to fix their past mistakes id be all for it. Its alot of rebuilding to do but they never once have offered to fix imfs that i now have gotten rid of since then.

They should take the century route and offer people to try out new products in exchange for reviews. But they wont, they focus on ringside stuff being superior to every product out there. So why waste time with old customers?

Yea i suggested that they give out a couple for the guys to review i'm sure a few guys have some 10oz winning's to compare them to the heritage line but the suggestion was ignored and then some negative comments were given instead.

You meant sarcasm my brother. But I also just wanted to highlight something you alluded to earlier...what Darrin is doing is making guys like Blair and John FCS look bad when in fact those guys are the scarce few that provide high quality CS for Ringside. Darrin, you should be ashamed of yourself and Ringside should be ashamed to have you representing them in such a negative way when it comes to customer service. Even if you actually made winning gloves, I wouldn't buy from you. The fact that you do not even make a glove of remotely comparable quality to winning gloves and are continuing to speak like this is just an extra nail in what is already a fully bolted coffin.

I cannot agree with this more man! Honestly the way I look at it is, if you make the greatest gear in the world but have a shit attitude I'd rather not to business with you. I don't expect to be disrespected for negative feedback I give, it's part of being a service rep, if you can't take the heat then you're definitely in the wrong job.
I literally emailed Juan multiple times over 3-4 months before I purchased a pair, simply because I was holding out and I was looking over every single option. Juan never once got angry or made me feel like I was annoying in any way, he'd email me back and include pictures and I'd ask his opinion and he'd give it but he never tried to sway me towards one brand in particular. That in my opinion is how a gear dealer/CS should be, unbiased, honest and knowledgeable.

Like how you added that at the end....like how you think :icon_chee

I think in another thread the original idea of 149.99 was being touted about...but that was very early on...hopefully its not that price since then winning gloves are only 50 bucks more and it might be hard to compete when you factor in shipping...because then the question becomes..."should i just pay the extra 40-50 for winning gloves?" instead of "should i buy the ringside heritage gloves?"...you know?

Ummm where in the world can i find winnings for 200??!

holy cow theyre cheap!!!! are they even legit?!?! yes thats an honest question.... if so then i hella appreciate the answer lol no really i do

Last edited:
Yes, of course they are legit. A genuine Japanese Winning distributor. Many guys bought the gear there (incl. me).

Here is the shop:
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/boxing/

Here is a fan club of Winning gear, the top post decribes how to order from rakuten.
https://www.facebook.com/WinningBoxingGear

thanks for the winning page ! and wow , its funny how i came to this post to find out more info about the ringside heritage gloves before i bought them ... and now im looking at custom 16oz winnings from Rakuten . if my wallet could talk , it would be cursing at me right now :icon_lol:

Yea i suggested that they give out a couple for the guys to review i'm sure a few guys have some 10oz winning's to compare them to the heritage line but the suggestion was ignored and then some negative comments were given instead.

Well, nobody sent them for free, but since I have had both 14 oz. Winning and 14 oz. Heritage...

1) Materials

Leather

- I can assure the Winning leather is at least of an equally high grade, probably even higher. Heritage is just dyed in a different way.

- "Drum dyed" (Heritage) is a gimmick. Yes, it looks nice, smells nice. However unlike painted leather, this leather absorbs any liquid - not the oil only, but water, sweat, blood - of course, any of this more or less affects the future appearance.

- To continue the previous - unlike in case of baseball gloves it is very silly to use this leather for sparring gloves, THIS is the reason why almost nobody else use it, Darrin, not because it is fu***n good (and expensive) as you claim.

- For this reason Winning leather is much better and much more suitable for the purpose.

Padding

- Heritage are just an IMF, just like almost all Ringside gloves. Nothing more, nothing less. And it is absolutely unimportant whether it is a 20 or 18.375% softer/firmer IMF. Not much better than the precious IMF, not better at all than BAYFILL.

- Winning layered padding is a miracle. And this is not a gimmick. The level of the ABSORPTION is phenomenal, incomparable to any gloves in the world. Miles better than layered latex in Mexican gloves, miles better than IMF because IMF it basically a sort of a wall which prevents your knuckles going through. Of course IMF is usually more protective than soft layered latex.

Lining

- Heritage lining is nice, but personally I prefer Winning lining.

Vecro strap

- The quality is incomparable. Winning is M U C H better, Heritage has just an average one.

2) Fit

- Well, in Winning you need no effort to make a fist, they are simply the best in this area. In Heritage you of course do need some effort, they are IMF in the end - but it is not as bad as in many other IMF.

- The overall fit of Winning is much more comfortable and natural, the thumb in just Winning is perfect.

3) Craftmanship

- Supposed to be the flagship of Heritage as Darrin promised. It isn't. On my Heritage there are missed stitches (not a big deal in general since they are double stitched, but A BIG DEAL since they cost 200 bucks) and the stiching is a bit inconsistent and nothing to write home about in general. The stiching and the overall craftmanship of Heritage is pretty good comparing to the other Pakistani gloves, but absolutely fail comparing to Reyes/Grant/Winning.

- As was mentioned - Heritage are pretty good. Winning are a pure perfection.

4) Protection / Performance / Durability

- Well, Heritage are not bad in terms of protection / performance. I believe nobody who uses them is unhappy. HOWEVER comparison to Winning is ridiculous. It's like comparing the architecture of Rome in Georgia to Rome in Italy. Heritage are just nice IMF gloves, nothing more, nothing less.

- Knuckles protection and the way of absorption is certainly much better in Winning. Wrist support is not great in any of them (talking about velcro models), Heritage are a bit better though.

- Cannot comment the durability of Heritage yet. The durability of Winning is widely known.

5) The conclusion

- Heritage are probably the best gloves Ringside company's ever made (or at least during last years), they look fine, smell fine, perform fine. Very nice gloves.

BUT

- Heritage are light years behind Winning. Everything in Winning gloves is perfect. Most importantly the padding/performance are a class of their own.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They are comparable only in terms of the cost, in EVERYTHING else Winning is MUCH better.

And a nice picture in the end. Have a look at the velcro strap of Heritage. Can you see the turquoise thing? It is most probably the material Ringside use for "soft palm" padding. To me it looks like a sort of sponge (especially the colour :) ). Ringside (with their "world class" craftmanship) are even too lazy to cover this fancy sh*t so you wouldn't be able to see it on the brown leather.

a2embm.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the winning page ! and wow , its funny how i came to this post to find out more info about the ringside heritage gloves before i bought them ... and now im looking at custom 16oz winnings from Rakuten . if my wallet could talk , it would be cursing at me right now :icon_lol:

Most welcome, mate! They are not cheap, but they are so good and durable you will not regret.
Browse the albums on facebook - you can find there all of the custom colours.
I know very well what are you talking about, ordered 16 oz. a couple of days ago :icon_lol:

I was thinking the same thing lol i really liked the how compact and solid the ringsides look... But for a bit more you get a proven solid glove thatll last me probably 2x longer...

Back