Ring To Cage C-17 Custom

damn...that doesn't look nice. might as well throw in another 150 for some winnings. with that quality the c17 should be called "losings." thanks for saving me some money and hassl, i appreciate it. and i agree you should get full refund. that type of quality is unacceptable.

The pic is not of c17s but okay, they are pics of IMF gloves from ringside and top boxer.

damn...that doesn't look nice. might as well throw in another 150 for some winnings. with that quality the c17 should be called "losings." thanks for saving me some money and hassl, i appreciate it. and i agree you should get full refund. that type of quality is unacceptable.

Hahaha those are ringside gloves and top boxer gloves. Wow you have something against ring to cage? Just came out of nowhere throwing stones huh.

Interesting. Im interested in reading your review.

That's the thing. They're lace up and my wrists feel the impact. The foam combination is just wrong. Its like the shock just runs through the padding to the hands. Im pissed and currently talking to Mo.

The pic is not of c17s but okay, they are pics of IMF gloves from ringside and top boxer.

Correct. I can't comment on R2Cs as I've never bought them. (So maybe wrong thread!) I was just discussing the similar issue I have with the bumps.

That's the thing. They're lace up and my wrists feel the impact. The foam combination is just wrong. Its like the shock just runs through the padding to the hands. Im pissed and currently talking to Mo.

I have to say that for sparring, I think the knuckle protection is very good on Topboxer's Winning Style gloves. I don't think they offer the best support for hitting the bag though. Wrist is support on the Velcro is not great, but ok when hands are well wrapped. Aside from a problematic thumb (glove is being replaced by TB) I think they are very good sparring gloves. Although would be great to see a comparison review from someone who has C17s and Topboxers ....

Do you know what a Ring to Cage glove looks like? Obviously not. Don't knock on something you have no experience with .

Sparring and training light are fine but if I have to turn it up in either I feel the impact of punches and that's not the way it should be. The thumb on my gloves feel unnatural also. Can you take a picture of yours?

As far as customs go I think I'm done. It's stock for me from now on or just go to people I worked with in the past. It's much less hassle when things don't go your way. I just need things to work as advertised.

Hello Gents,

In another thread I mentioned some bumps were starting to form on the surface of my C17 2.0's. Made some pics for you to review.

P1040521.jpg

P1040522.jpg

Kind rgds,
RG

looks awful, please let us know if it is getting worse. I was going o get c17 but now I am not so sure.

Despite the one pic.....I'll still go C-17. There have been nothing but positive reviews on it. There is always going to be a dud at sometime. I don't know any product on the market that hasn't had a single problem.

Did they say how long they used the gloves and how often and hard it's being used? They take a beast to break them down.

^ Here's how long he says:

Hi C(lamp)17,

These are 3 months old and I use them about 2-3 hours per week. Mostly on pads and the heavy bag.

I have not contacted Mohsin yet about this.

Kind rgds,
RG

Hello Gents,

In another thread I mentioned some bumps were starting to form on the surface of my C17 2.0's. Made some pics for you to review.

P1040521.jpg

P1040522.jpg

Kind rgds,
RG

I found the padding to be very protective for any kind of training in the 16s for Topboxer's Winning clones, as documented in the review in my sig, with the downside as Dtenny pointed out that the wrist support is poor.

looks awful, please let us know if it is getting worse. I was going o get c17 but now I am not so sure.

every glove company has an potential issue, you will never get away from that. Cletos sometimes come in different sizes
Ringside has had IMF and color bleed issues
Topboxer has had IMF issues
Triumph united's best gloves had padding issues
Fairtex has had Velcro issues
Numerous gloves had weight issues
R2C has this 1 incident with foam , and 1 weight issue which is now remedied
Title Gels are MASSIVELY heavy
Fighting sports had craftsmanship issues
and the list goes on and on to include Winning

every glove company is prone to a lemon, that's just the way it goes, so waiting for a perfect glove is fine but that is where customer services come into play. If you get a bad glove then its up to the CS to fix it for you.

every glove company has an potential issue, you will never get away from that. Cletos sometimes come in different sizes

every glove company is prone to a lemon, that's just the way it goes, so waiting for a perfect glove is fine but that is where customer services come into play. If you get a bad glove then its up to the CS to fix it for you.

I cannot agree more. For those who are writing off R2C.....your missing out on a quality product....also quality customer service in Moshin.

Just to add to the list:

Raja had velcro issues
Boon had powder issues along with inconsistencies

yes dude, no one argues that every once in a while you get a lemon, but this particular thread is about c17s so other brands are irrelevant. How are yours holding up by the way and what kind of usage do you put them through?

if memory serves RG paid $260-$280 for his c17s, i will be very curious to see how ring to cage will take care of him. if it was me and i paid that much money, id be royally pissed, but your are right its up to customer service to fix this.

Edit: RG paid about 240 EUR for 2 pairs, which comes out $160-$170 per pair, not $260-$280 for one.

Last edited:
yes dude, no one argues that every once in a while you get a lemon, but this particular thread is about c17s so other brands are irrelevant.
if memory serves RG paid $260-$280 for his c17s, i will be very curious to see how ring to cage will take care of him. if it was me and i paid that much money, id be royally pissed, but your are right its up to customer service to fix this.

Holy crap!!! How did they cost him that much????

shipping and import taxes, i might be wrong, ill try to find his post where he mentioned total cost.

my bad its 240 EUR for two pairs about $160-$170 per pair, still not cheap

Hi,

I ordered 2 pairs from R2C to lower the shipping costs per pair (at least, that is what I told the mrs.... :wink: ). Including customs fees this will work out to 240 Euro in total.

I'm also interested in the TopBoxer gloves but I'm still a bit reluctant to order and transfer money to Pakistan....

Kind rgds,
RG

^What's Winning's issue?

Blue gloves, the color became displaced and wonky, only once have I heard of the issue but an issue nonetheless, it was to enforce my point even the best brands suffer from mishaps.

Back