Rigondeaux footwork trick

Hi-Tech

Slavic Fighter
Banned
Reaction score
I just noticed this video from like two weeks ago, some guy breaking down a specific Rigondeaux footwork trick

It's a good thing to have, I actually practiced that on my own like a year ago and used it in sparring several times.

Personally I think it's also important that you do some "walking" up and down prior to using this move so that the feint is more successful.

I also have a different variation of this move in my arsenal where I walk forward, use this feint as if I'm going back and then move forward again. You can see Rigondeaux doing this too, I learned that from him as well. Here is an example of Rigondeaux doing it in the fight (timestamp):

It looks much easier to do than it actually is, you need to get the balance perfectly and you need to know when to use it, it must come naturally. I use it in sparring against smaller guys when I fight on the outside, will try to improve it in the future and use it more regularly.

Last edited:
Fighters like Rigo are so great to watch for this reason -- always something you can steal from them and add to your own game.

Wow this is beautiful stuff, thanks for sharing! But when he started explaining the discipline of training I immediately.. gah.. yeeeaaahhh..

I'll apply his training wisdom on a more move I plan on using more frequently. I guess only the pros have time to perfect something crazy like this.

Back