Rigo vs. Loma set for 12/9?

Standing at 129 but still think the fight should be at 126. No reason for it not to be. Both can make that weight and no one cares about the title. We only care about this fight then Rigo can stay at 122 or 126 whilst Loma goes back to 130. Its not complicated. A highly skillful match up like this should be as even as possible.

Loma offered 126 to Rigo last year and Rigo refused unless there was a rehydration clause. Now Loma is an established 130 fighter and the ship has sailed.

Have people seen the same fighters? Why are me and @PUO3 the only people who think lomachenko wins?

I don't see either guy getting clowned. It's not one for the casuals.

Yeah what a fight though I can't wait for this and ggg Alvarez aside from the fiasco good year for boxing

Have people seen the same fighters? Why are me and @PUO3 the only people who think lomachenko wins?
I'd be shocked if Lomachenko loses vs. Rigondeaux, don't see it personally. I think Lomachenko decisions him with a knockdown along the way.

I'd be shocked if Lomachenko loses vs. Rigondeaux, don't see it personally. I think Lomachenko decisions him with a knockdown along the way.
Yup.

There will be times that Rigo clowns him though. The knockdowns will be the deciding factor.

I'm probably the biggest Loma fan (active poster anyway) here. I said before I think that it's a mismatch at 130. I have Loma stopping him.

probably the fanboyism
i am repping Rigo in this fight but i am not liking the prospects, but i am a go down with the ship type of guy.
I do think rico will be able to limit Loma's output and his power will keep Loma honest, plus it will be interesting to see what happens with their feet, both of them being "Sweet" or "slick"
that being said i am tumescent at the prospects of this fight.
GGG-Canelo Rigo-Loma praise the boxing gods.

Loma wins with a few knockdowns and lots more activity.

I actually think Rigo might hurt/drop Loma but he isn't the type to go all out for a finish. So even if he puts Loma in serious trouble he won't finish him and he'll still lose on the cards.

I'm probably the biggest Loma fan (active poster anyway) here. I said before I think that it's a mismatch at 130. I have Loma stopping him.
LOL i know you the juice round these parts, but this is kind of an empty post, no?
i am the biggest fan of ____ here, so this is a mismatch _____ stops him.

Loma wins with a few knockdowns and lots more activity.

I actually think Rigo might hurt/drop Loma but he isn't the type to go all out for a finish. So even if he puts Loma in serious trouble he won't finish him and he'll still lose on the cards.
that is my hope maybe the greeness of Loma hasn't worn off yet and if he gets stung he becomes more tentative and lets rico work his game.

LOL i know you the juice round these parts, but this is kind of an empty post, no?
i am the biggest fan of ____ here, so this is a mismatch _____ stops him.

This was my dream fight but not at this weight. Loma will have too many advantages and he will be looking to finish. I'm a fan of both fighters. As for my vague prediction, is it really that far off considering that Loma is now in his prime, Rigo isn't, and that Rigo will be moving up 2 weight classes while also being a small 122? Or, that Rigo has been hurt before in his own weight class against much less skilled fighters that are smaller and much less athletic?

If I'm the biggest fan of any fighter then I'd be pretending that this was a huge, huge test. Rigo has the skill to test him more than anyone to date but that skill will be at least partially negated by the size difference. This fight would've been perfect about a year or two ago with them fighting at 126 with a rehydration clause for Loma.

Still saying Rigo, defense and counter punching will take the day.

This was my dream fight but not at this weight. Loma will have too many advantages and he will be looking to finish. I'm a fan of both fighters. As for my vague prediction, is it really that far off considering that Loma is now in his prime, Rigo isn't, and that Rigo will be moving up 2 weight classes while also being a small 122? Or, that Rigo has been hurt before in his own weight class against much less skilled fighters that are smaller and much less athletic?

If I'm the biggest fan of any fighter then I'd be pretending that this was a huge, huge test. Rigo has the skill to test him more than anyone to date but that skill will be at least partially negated by the size difference. This fight would've been perfect about a year or two ago with them fighting at 126 with a rehydration clause for Loma.
yea i agree with you which is why i am not excited at the prospects for this fight.
RR's news about rico blowing up between camps has me worried too

I won't be surprised if the odds are wide in Lomas favor, this isn't a good matchup for Rigo when you consider the weight, activity and competition all being in Lomas favor, I hope Rigo pulls it off but it's a stretch for anybody to beat Loma right now at 130

You're joking right? I think Lomachenko makes mince meat out of Rigo. The skill levels are similar but Loma is just too big for Rigo who is chinny. Loma can hurt Rigo, I doubt Rigo can hurt Loma.

Great match up for Loma atleast matches him for talent but has more size and much workrate. But do we know how good Rigo is???

Great match up for Loma atleast matches him for talent but has more size and much workrate. But do we know how good Rigo is???
I don't think we know how good the man is, but now we will.
You're joking right? I think Lomachenko makes mince meat out of Rigo. The skill levels are similar but Loma is just too big for Rigo who is chinny. Loma can hurt Rigo, I doubt Rigo can hurt Loma.

BOTH these guys can punch, I think Rigo can hurt Loma plenty. That dude know's a) how to throw a punch b) how to throw that punch when the other guy can't see it coming.

Rigo's punching power and fight ending ability is proven at this point imo

Back