Rigo vs. Loma set for 12/9?

Lomachenko has a way better chance of stopping Rigondeaux than reverse. I find it hard to see Rigondeaux winning tbh with the size difference. He's going to get outworked.
Nahh, Rigo might make Loma look like a regular boxer. I
lol at getting butt hurt about shitting on "loma" when no one is actually doing that.

Loma is a badass in the ring, but Rigo makes amazing boxers look like amateurs. Imo, Rigo nullifies Loma's intensity, wins via Decision. Do you believe Loma wins against Rigo ? Loma is definitely badass , but Rigo is like a Fight professor in there.

Nahh, Rigo might make Loma look like a regular boxer. I

Loma is a badass in the ring, but Rigo makes amazing boxers look like amateurs. Imo, Rigo nullifies Loma's intensity, wins via Decision. Do you believe Loma wins against Rigo ? Loma is definitely badass , but Rigo is like a Fight professor in there.
I think its probable that at times Rigo is going to clown Loma and get some rounds. However, even as a fanboy I legitimately leave he will get knocked down more than once.

For all his skills and defensive wizardry, the guy gets put down pretty frequently. And by much lesser fighters than Loma.

yeah his size and chin are going to be an issue vs lomachenko.

rigo is a wizard defensively, but sooner or later, loma will find you. and when he hits rigo, rigo stays hit.

Rigo isn't getting younger and he's clearly smaller than Loma. Plus Loma's footwork is leaps and bounds better than any former Rigo's opponent, which nullifies one of his main advantages. That's a bold move, but smart money is on Loma.

Loma wins by a narrow, controversial decision.

Loma will win this and steal rounds on activity alone.

He's faster than Rigo as well.

Great match up.

I'm pulling for RIgo though....tired of seeing potentially great fighters given the shaft by the higher ups in boxing.

Where's is all this Rigo gets knocked down coming from?

I'm only familiar with Amagasa knocking him down twice

Where's is all this Rigo gets knocked down coming from?

I'm only familiar with Amagasa knocking him down twice
Donaire. I'm not aware of anyone else knocking him down.
Been dropped 4 times that we can count in pro fights.
2808tgh.gif

Gotta give Loma the slight edge against Rigo:

1. He's the bigger man.

2. Has the more impressive recent win (making Walters quit > carrying Nonito across a 12 round schooling).

3. Since Lima and Rigo are both lefties... it's gonna be an orthodox fight. And Loma has a win over Gary Russel Jr... I don't think Rigo has a southpaw scalp of that quality as a pro.

Should be a great chess match.

130 is a big step up for Rigo.

Love that Lomachenko took this fight. Big balls. Rigo is old, nobody wants to fight him and the networks are not eager to book him. So taking this fight is a no-brainer for him. Lamachenko on the other hand is taking a risk that he doesn't need to take. #respect

I favor Loma because he is bigger and younger. Also he is Lomachenko.

Love this fight

rigo frustrates loma but in the end loma takes it

Standing at 129 but still think the fight should be at 126. No reason for it not to be. Both can make that weight and no one cares about the title. We only care about this fight then Rigo can stay at 122 or 126 whilst Loma goes back to 130. Its not complicated. A highly skillful match up like this should be as even as possible.

Standing at 129 but still think the fight should be at 126. No reason for it not to be. Both can make that weight and no one cares about the title. We only care about this fight then Rigo can stay at 122 or 126 whilst Loma goes back to 130. Its not complicated. A highly skillful match up like this should be as even as possible.

Rigo called Loma (the A-side) out and said he would make 130 to fight him. Loma's manager Egis Klimas dared him to come up and here we are. By fighting him at 130 he's able to challenge for Lomachenko's WBO world title. He'll also be paid more by moving up to 130 instead of asking Lomachenko to come down when he's been at 130 for his last 4 fights. That's the business side. The fan perspective is fight at 126-128, no higher than 128 with a rehydration clause, in order to make it more competitive on paper.

Interesting fight, but I feel Rigo is too small and that will hurt him here. I like both guys though so I hope for a good technical fight.

Been dropped 4 times that we can count in pro fights.
2808tgh.gif

Cordoba timed that jab perfectly as Rigo was open while looking to throw himself and beat him to the punch during that exchange. It wasn't a hard jab at all but the timing and placement was spot on. That second knockdown in the Amagasa fight was after Rigo was hurt again and then I remember him being pushed down. The first knockdown was clean though.

Back