Rigo vs. Loma set for 12/9?

Ehhh...i don't know man, i've seen him struggle putting guys away even when they're prone and he's trying to stop them, i saw a bit of that in the Sosa fight. The only guy he ended was Rocky Martinez, who was totally shot at that point in his career. Power seems to be Loma's one glaring weakness.

Watch his American pro debut against Ramirez. Albeit smaller, he put him away with a body shot. In his debut as a Super Featherweight he melted Martinez with a combination that would've knocked out anyone at 130. If they did manage to get back to their feet he would've finished them off quickly after. You won't see him throwing one huge punch because he's a combination puncher and doesn't need to. He sets up his finishes. In the Martinez fight he was sitting down on his punches. That's why when he would land and counter him it'd hurt and wobble Martinez, not because the guy was allegedly shot. Martinez had 7 pounds on him, height and reach. He's a Lightweight that cuts to make Super Feather.

Its worth noting that Loma doesn't seem to have a punch. All his stoppages are against guys who are defensively out of their depth, and most are mercy stoppages. So i don't think he'll stop Rigo regardless of size difference. And there is no chance in hell Rigo is getting a decision against Loma, even if he earns it.

It'll be a dull points victory for Loma, hope i'm wrong and Rigo pulls the major upset.
Yeah, he's not a huge puncher but against a guy coming up 2 weight classes? It'll be enough.

Ridiculous. Lomachenko has 10 pro fights. He fought Salido in his second fight and rigs is still the same guy that made donaire look like toilet paper.

Not many people would have fought fighters of that Calibre by fight 11 would they.

Since the UFC got the frat boy crowd interested everyone is either cherry picking, ducking, getting robbed, a bum, overrated, shot, atg etc. Stop with the fucking hyperbole!

no sorry he is cherry picking, now he's cherry picking a guy two weight classes below him

i'm confident he is as good as we all think he is, but the reality is the one time he's fought someone who is upper echelon, he didnt win, he is also a very big for 130 and hes fighting someone whose quite average at 122

no sorry he is cherry picking, now he's cherry picking a guy two weight classes below him

i'm confident he is as good as we all think he is, but the reality is the one time he's fought someone who is upper echelon, he didnt win, he is also a very big for 130 and hes fighting someone whose quite average at 122

and i mean average in size, he's obviously a fucking weapon, easily top 3 for me of current boxers

No sorry he has already fought two super very talented fighters in his first 11 fights.

I think you just can't stand it that someone doesn't like your favorite fighter. Nothing more, nothing less. You're coming off as sort of a retard here, IMO.
He's not though is he, he's pointing out your obvious irrational dislike for one of the greatest current P4P boxers. You claimed that Lomachenko was not only one dimensional but only fought at one speed. IF that's not irrational hatred I don't know what is because you are talking absolute bollocks.

Ehhh...i don't know man, i've seen him struggle putting guys away even when they're prone and he's trying to stop them, i saw a bit of that in the Sosa fight. The only guy he ended was Rocky Martinez, who was totally shot at that point in his career. Power seems to be Loma's one glaring weakness.
Lomachenko is no one hit quitter but he has decent power he just tends to go for speed and volume. Usyk also has a similar approach when he has a guy in trouble. I think it goes back to their amateur background.

Lomachenko is no one hit quitter but he has decent power he just tends to go for speed and volume. Usyk also has a similar approach when he has a guy in trouble. I think it goes back to their amateur background.

I think thats a rationalization, both Loma and Usyk have avg. if not below avg power. Usyk's power is worse than Loma's relative to his weight class. I remember watching him fight Beterbiev in the Olympics and it was clear Beterbiev had way more power and rocked Usyk multiple times. Beterbiev fights at 175 now and was always the naturally smaller guy. Usyk is 6'4 and walks around at 230 lbs, he shouldn't get out punched by light heavies. He also should've knocked out Michael Hunter 5 rounds earlier than he did and there are other examples of his lack of finishing power. The Ukrainians are good fighters, but lots of people make excuses for them. Its no shame to say a fighter doesn't have a punch, you can't be good at everything.

Yeah, he's not a huge puncher but against a guy coming up 2 weight classes? It'll be enough.

You really think he stops him ? I think rigo is too crafty for that, I see him loosing a decision

Sleep. That's the key.

Lomo either puts Rig's to sleep or Rig's puts the business to sleep. Those are your outcomes.

He's not though is he, he's pointing out your obvious irrational dislike for one of the greatest current P4P boxers. You claimed that Lomachenko was not only one dimensional but only fought at one speed. IF that's not irrational hatred I don't know what is because you are talking absolute bollocks.
I just don't like him. Get over it. I really don't know what else to say to you. I think he's a hype job and a cherry picker who never earned the right to cherry pick. I've never really pretended otherwise. He avoided Salido after Salido kicked his ass. He avoided Walters when Walters looked dangerous. He's ranked #1 P4P by a lot of people when no one he's fought comes anywhere close to being a P4Per themselves. He whined about Salido having a weight advantage and is now fighting a small 118 pounder in his next fight, oddly a fight that couldn't be made when they were closer in weight but now is a reality after Mikey Garcia expresses interest in fighting Lomachenko. The guy is a con job. Sorry, thats how I see it. If you can't get over it, go fuck yourself and take advantage of this sites ignore function. I'm getting pretty tired of explaining shit to you over and over again.

That is all such nonsense.

Boxing is a sport. In sports most fans pick favorites and pick people to root against. That's how sports fucking work. Half the people here rooted against Mayweather for the better part of a decade and only watched his fights hoping to see him lose. That's sports! I only watch Andre Ward fights hoping to see him lose. I don't need some rational reason to dislike the current p4p champ. I can dislike him just because I want to. Same way I dislike Broner and Khan and Danny Garcia. My reasons make sense to me and that is all that matters. Rooting against fights is half the fun of being a boxing fan. Same with any other sport. I love the Chicago Bears and have been a fan my entire life. They suck. I have more fun rooting against The Packers than I do watching the bears lose. That's sports. Who the fuck are you to tell someone else who they should or shouldn't like? Stop being so damn dense. I am a big Loma fan but the fact someone else dislikes him doesn't offend me in any possible way because it's sports. When need people to root for and against everyone. That is why people watch for fucks sake.

I think thats a rationalization, both Loma and Usyk have avg. if not below avg power. Usyk's power is worse than Loma's relative to his weight class. I remember watching him fight Beterbiev in the Olympics and it was clear Beterbiev had way more power and rocked Usyk multiple times. Beterbiev fights at 175 now and was always the naturally smaller guy. Usyk is 6'4 and walks around at 230 lbs, he shouldn't get out punched by light heavies. He also should've knocked out Michael Hunter 5 rounds earlier than he did and there are other examples of his lack of finishing power. The Ukrainians are good fighters, but lots of people make excuses for them. Its no shame to say a fighter doesn't have a punch, you can't be good at everything.
Usyk is more lacking in power I'd agree there BUT he does not sit down on his punches which is an obvious area to improve ones power. His lack of power is a much to do with how he fights. Look at Michael Bisping go from never KO'ing anyone to KO'ing Rockhold. It took Bisping years to be able to sit down on his punches and gain KO power. We knew he already had the power as evidenced by his heavy GnP.

If both Usyk and Lomachenko were sitting down on their shots and still not having an effect on their opponents then I'd safely say they don't have power. Lomachenko looks able to do that more often than Usyk.

I just don't like him. Get over it. I really don't know what else to say to you. I think he's a hype job and a cherry picker who never earned the right to cherry pick. I've never really pretended otherwise. He avoided Salido after Salido kicked his ass. He avoided Walters when Walters looked dangerous. He's ranked #1 P4P by a lot of people when no one he's fought comes anywhere close to being a P4Per themselves. He whined about Salido having a weight advantage and is now fighting a small 118 pounder in his next fight, oddly a fight that couldn't be made when they were closer in weight but now is a reality after Mikey Garcia expresses interest in fighting Lomachenko. The guy is a con job. Sorry, thats how I see it. If you can't get over it, go fuck yourself and take advantage of this sites ignore function. I'm getting pretty tired of explaining shit to you over and over again.

You see I don't have a problem with you claiming he's a cherry picker, as I can see why you might think that. I can see that you might think he's a hype job, fair enough. You don't like him, I understand that BUT when you come out with absolute BS to validate your claims as to why he's overrated like claiming he's one dimensional and can only fight at one speed then I call you out for what you are: A hater. You just hate the guy and come out with irrational BS to justify your claims. If you spout shit like that then don't cry when I pick you up on it. Pretty simple really.

That is all such nonsense.

Boxing is a sport. In sports most fans pick favorites and pick people to root against. That's how sports fucking work. Half the people here rooted against Mayweather for the better part of a decade and only watched his fights hoping to see him lose. That's sports! I only watch Andre Ward fights hoping to see him lose. I don't need some rational reason to dislike the current p4p champ. I can dislike him just because I want to. Same way I dislike Broner and Khan and Danny Garcia. My reasons make sense to me and that is all that matters. Rooting against fights is half the fun of being a boxing fan. Same with any other sport. I love the Chicago Bears and have been a fan my entire life. They suck. I have more fun rooting against The Packers than I do watching the bears lose. That's sports. Who the fuck are you to tell someone else who they should or shouldn't like? Stop being so damn dense. I am a big Loma fan but the fact someone else dislikes him doesn't offend me in any possible way because it's sports. When need people to root for and against everyone. That is why people watch for fucks sake.

I know it's nonsense, but that really was what Seano was claiming. Oh you didn't mean it like that did you? Well you shouldn't jump into the middle of a discussion without knowing what's going on first. I don't care that Seano dislikes Loma, I care that he makes up absolutely BS reasons why he hates Lomachenko. Stop talking BS and I won't get on your case.

Usyk is more lacking in power I'd agree there BUT he does not sit down on his punches which is an obvious area to improve ones power. His lack of power is a much to do with how he fights. Look at Michael Bisping go from never KO'ing anyone to KO'ing Rockhold. It took Bisping years to be able to sit down on his punches and gain KO power. We knew he already had the power as evidenced by his heavy GnP.

If both Usyk and Lomachenko were sitting down on their shots and still not having an effect on their opponents then I'd safely say they don't have power. Lomachenko looks able to do that more often than Usyk.

Whether their lack of power is due to their style or physical limitations is an academic argument. Both Loma and Usyk are so deep into boxing that they are who they are, their styles aren't gonna change. So their lack of power is a permanent fixture either way. If Olympic gold medalists and world champions aren't sitting on their punches at this point in their careers, then its not going to change.

Last edited:
Whether their lack of power is due to style or physical limitations is an academic argument. Both Loma and Usyk are so deep into boxing that they are who they are, their styles aren't gonna change. So their lack of power is a permanent fixture either way. If Olympic gold medalists and world champions aren't sitting on their punches at this point in their careers, then that probably isn't going to change.

I doubt Usyk is going to change the way he fights but Lomachenko has more looks to him and has shown he can sit down on his shots from time to time. He has more power than he shows and I think we'll get to see that from time to time as his career progresses.

I doubt Usyk is going to change the way he fights but Lomachenko has more looks to him and has shown he can sit down on his shots from time to time. He has more power than he shows and I think we'll get to see that from time to time as his career progresses.

Power isn't a "from time to time" thing. If he's not consistently delivering the power, you can't really say he has power. I suppose everyone can deliver good power shots from time to time. Loma is a great fighter, but let's not shop him as a big puncher, he's not. Not even close.

Power isn't a "from time to time" thing. If he's not consistently delivering the power, you can't really say he has power. I suppose everyone can deliver good power shots from time to time. Loma is a great fighter, but let's not shop him as a big puncher, he's not. Not even close.
Of course you can say he has power if he possesses it whether he uses it or not. Again I'm not stating he has a massive puncher but from what I've seen he has the capability to punch harder than he has shown most of the time. The way he fights dictates the power he displays as much as anything. He opens opponents up by varying angles, changing rhythm, tempo and punch hardness to land the harder shots. It's just not really in his game to sit down and dig with real heavy power.

Of course you can say he has power if he possesses it whether he uses it or not. Again I'm not stating he has a massive puncher but from what I've seen he has the capability to punch harder than he has shown most of the time. The way he fights dictates the power he displays as much as anything. He opens opponents up by varying angles, changing rhythm, tempo and punch hardness to land the harder shots. It's just not really in his game to sit down and dig with real heavy power.

So whats your point? If he doesn't use this alleged "power" who gives a shit? Application of power is what counts.

Back