Rigo moved up, Lomo too scared

132.3lbs if you wanna be exact :p but the point is he was fighting at that weight since 2011 and looks comfortable at 135. That 5lbs difference to me balances out the fact that Loma is young and in his prime whilst Pacquiao isn't. Pac is not that big. Its just at his age cutting weight is a lot harder so if they do both weigh in at 140 come fight night they wont be a lot of difference between them. Loma will be slightly taller.

I'm not criticizing him for starting his pro career at 126 and yes fighters do cut a lot of weight but Mannys not one of them. Wouldn't be surprised if Linares was naturally big than Manny.
he hasn't been fighting at that weight since 2011. fighting at 132 in the amateurs means you'll be 132 when you're in the ring, and the guy standing in front of you will be 132. fighting at 135 in the pros means the guy standing in front of you will be 145. you're trying to create a narrative that simply isn't true.

sure, manny isn't a big cutter, i agree with that. i'd say he's about 150lbs in the ring. loma is under 140, and a 10lbs difference against a puncher like manny isn't something to simply disregard.

and what's with this rigo horseshit? lomachenko offered to fight rigo at 124 when he was at 126, and rigo refused. only when rigo had no one else to fight and wanted to cash out did he agree to fight lomachenko, and it was his own damn choice. it wasn't like lomachenko kept calling him out, even after beating him he said the fight wasn't fair because he was bigger. now he seems to have hit his own ceiling as far as weight goes, and you fuckers want him to move up another 12lbs to fight an aging puncher. why doesn't manny move up another 12lbs and fight canelo, then?

lomachenko isn't calling pacquiao out. he isn't talking shit and then demanding manny drops down. he's being offered the fight and he's saying he isn't moving up. this is perfectly reasonable, he's already moved up 3 weight classes. if he wants to go further, cool. if he doesn't, who the fuck are we to demand it?

he hasn't been fighting at that weight since 2011. fighting at 132 in the amateurs means you'll be 132 when you're in the ring, and the guy standing in front of you will be 132. fighting at 135 in the pros means the guy standing in front of you will be 145. you're trying to create a narrative that simply isn't true.
No ones pushing a narrative. I agreed with some of the things you said but we're talking about Manny here. It would not be fair for Loma to move up for certain other fighters but with manny the situation is a lot different.

sure, manny isn't a big cutter, i agree with that. i'd say he's about 150lbs in the ring. loma is under 140, and a 10lbs difference against a puncher like manny isn't something to simply disregard.
I doubt there would be a 10lbs difference. Closer to 5lbs but lets say there will be for arguments sake. Many people call Lomachenko special and these are the type of things special fighters do. Canelo had like a 15lbs advantage over Floyd. Oscar around 20lbs. Floyd couldn't even make 154lbs at their weigh in. Apparently he was 149lbs on fight night (from what he said) for a light middleweight championship fight against Oscar LOL. To be fair Pacquiao has fought at a lot of catchweights but there are plenty of examples of fighters coming it a lot heavier than him too.

why doesn't manny move up another 12lbs and fight canelo, then?
Such a bad comparison. Pacquiao is old and worn out so way worse for him to move up to fight a prime Canelo than it is for a prime Loma to move up to face an old Pacquiao. The difference in weight between Pac and Canelo is not comparable to Pac and Loma.

He's already at his 3rd weight class, and he's outsized there.

No ones pushing a narrative. I agreed with some of the things you said but we're talking about Manny here. It would not be fair for Loma to move up for certain other fighters but with manny the situation is a lot different.

I doubt there would be a 10lbs difference. Closer to 5lbs but lets say there will be for arguments sake. Many people call Lomachenko special and these are the type of things special fighters do. Canelo had like a 15lbs advantage over Floyd. Oscar around 20lbs. Floyd couldn't even make 154lbs at their weigh in. Apparently he was 149lbs on fight night (from what he said) for a light middleweight championship fight against Oscar LOL. To be fair Pacquiao has fought at a lot of catchweights but there are plenty of examples of fighters coming it a lot heavier than him too.

Such a bad comparison. Pacquiao is old and worn out so way worse for him to move up to fight a prime Canelo than it is for a prime Loma to move up to face an old Pacquiao. The difference in weight between Pac and Canelo is not comparable to Pac and Loma.
the narrative being that he's been fighting at 135 for 7 years, when he clearly hasn't.

and sure, people have overcome extreme weight differences before, no argument there. hell, manny himself looked like a little kid when he was beating up margarito. no one is saying it's an unfathomable accomplishment, we've seen great fighters do it before. the point is, those great fighters all had an equalizer. floyd was fast as lightning and had the wingspan of a middleweight. manny had quick feet and ridiculous power.

lomachenko doesn't have the reach or the power, he's moving up and winning solely with boxing skill. after a certain point, that simply isn't enough.

and yeah, pacman fighting canelo is a ridiculous comparison and a stupid idea. i was trying to demonstrate that moving up after a certain point means suicide. pacman in his prime would not have been able to handle canelo's power, i'd say welterweight was as high as he could go with top level guys without getting hurt. for lomachenko, that same limit seems to be 135.

Not everyone is Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather. They're very rare talents who stand out in a sport with a very long and storied history. Only Lomachenko's most delusional fans (many of whom seem to be new to boxing) already have him on or above their level. People shouldn't expect him to equal their accomplishment or go about things the same way that they did. Let him have his own career without having to compare him to two of the better athletes of all time and expecting him to equal of their accomplishments. As it stands, he is already in the conversation for being the top fighter in the sport and he's in his 3rd weight class; that's very impressive.

Wouldn't be surprised if Linares was naturally big than Manny.

Linares has no legs, just one of Manny's calves outsizes Linares entire bottom half.

*somewhere Jim Lampley licks his lips eagerly concentrating on Mannys calves*

He quit. I guess today that’s not viewed as negatively as the career ending decision it used to be.

Not everyone is Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather. They're very rare talents who stand out in a sport with a very long and storied history. Only Lomachenko's most delusional fans (many of whom seem to be new to boxing) already have him on or above their level.
I agree. My comment was based off some of the other guys on here that I have gotten into debates with when they put loma beside names like Floyd and Pacquiao. Going up to 140 and defeating a legend like pacquiao would help their argument.

Linares has no legs, just one of Manny's calves outsizes Linares entire bottom half.

*somewhere Jim Lampley licks his lips eagerly concentrating on Mannys calves*
If we're gonna guess fighters weight based off their calve muscles than those 118lbs fighters I met out in Thailand who have bigger calves than Anthony Joshua must be lying...

Lomachenko isn't taking a fight he might lose or be at a disadvantage in. Anyone familiar with Top Rank knows deep down that we'll never see him fight the opponents we want to see him fight.
You also said that the Linares fight wouldn't happen. Robert Garcia has already confirmed that Arum called him about a fight with Mikey. Why do you think Loma moved up (again) to 135, to be at an advantage over his opponents?

You also said that the Linares fight wouldn't happen. Robert Garcia has already confirmed that Arum called him about a fight with Mikey. Why do you think Loma moved up (again) to 135, to be at an advantage over his opponents?

I don't really recall saying Linares fight wouldn't happen. What did I say?

Back