Rigo moved up, Lomo too scared

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Rigo moved up two weight classes to fight Lomachenko against a fighter in his absolute prime.

Lomochenko won't move up a single weight class against a washed up legend.

Just a thought

Rigo moved up two weight classes to fight Lomachenko against a fighter in his absolute prime.

Just a thought
Thought provoking , just says alot of how goat Pacman is who came up in weight

Prepare for the attacks

caae35d314b641c119cfb40b77ac6db5.jpg

Lomachenko isn't taking a fight he might lose or be at a disadvantage in. Anyone familiar with Top Rank knows deep down that we'll never see him fight the opponents we want to see him fight.

Lomachenko isn't taking a fight he might lose or be at a disadvantage in. Anyone familiar with Top Rank knows deep down that we'll never see him fight the opponents we want to see him fight.
Garcia*

you guys do know 135 is the third weight lomachenko's won a belt at, right? how is he scared to move up?

you guys do know 135 is the third weight lomachenko's won a belt at, right? how is he scared to move up?
Sounds better to call him scared.

Who is Lomo btw?

Robert Easter. Undefeated champion in a unification.
Ah. We know deep down we arent seeing the opponents we want to see.

Ah. We know deep down we arent seeing the opponents we want to see.
I'm not really sure what this has to do with what I said. Garcia isn't a top rank fighter. Anyone familiar with Arum's style knows what he does. Picks a name that fans recognize but no one who has any real shot at winning.

I'm not really sure what this has to do with what I said. Garcia isn't a top rank fighter. Anyone familiar with Arum's style knows what he does. Picks a name that fans recognize but no one who has any real shot at winning.
Thats my point. Seems like unfair slights towards this Lomo fellow.

Just a thought
Rigo moved up 2 weight classes because he ducked Loma when he was offered a catchweight bout at 124 when Loma was at 126. Then his money fights were running out and had no choice but to move up to fight at 130, which he only weighed in less than 1 pound from Loma and Loma only allowed to rehydrate 8lbs I believe, So while Rigo was the smaller guy, let's not make it seem like Rigo couldn't have been moving up weight classes all these years. He still would've been a major favorite at 126 most his career.

And Loma has already moved up 2 weight classes since he started, 3 since the olympics. Manny was a freak athlete who was able to win titles in 8 weight classes, not everyone can move up that much. Manny needs the money so if he wants it he's going to come down. My guess is this fight happens at 137lbs if it does.

Also, while it's apparent Manny is older, i'm not convinced he's washed like other say. That Horn decision was BS and the head butts played a major factor in the scoring of that fight and how manny performed. He's still a top 5 welterweight and probably would be the best at 140, outside of Garcia if he chose to fought there.

Just a thought

I love when posters make dumbass, overly self assured claims and then try to cover their backs by saying "just a thought" or something similar.

Just a thought
Look how that turned out, he quit on his stool.

Loma has fought at lightweight since 2011. He competed in the 2012 Olympics at LW. When he turned pro he moved down to 126lbs and worked his way back up.

If Loma can bring an aging Rigo to a higher weight its more than fair for Loma to move up to face an aging Manny at 140.

Loma has fought at lightweight since 2011. He competed in the 2012 Olympics at LW. When he turned pro he moved down to 126lbs and worked his way back up.

If Loma can bring an aging Rigo to a higher weight its more than fair for Loma to move up to face an aging Manny at 140.
he fought at 60kg, which is 132lbs. and you weigh in every morning of competition, so your comparison doesn't make any sense. his walk around weight was 132 or lower, and you expected him to turn pro and fight at 135 where guys cut 10-15lbs regularly?

he could've started off at 122. he didn't work his way back anywhere. he moved up three weight classes and is undersized at 135.

he fought at 60kg, which is 132lbs. and you weigh in every morning of competition, so your comparison doesn't make any sense. his walk around weight was 132 or lower, and you expected him to turn pro and fight at 135 where guys cut 10-15lbs regularly?

he could've started off at 122. he didn't work his way back anywhere. he moved up three weight classes and is undersized at 135.
132.3lbs if you wanna be exact :p but the point is he was fighting at that weight since 2011 and looks comfortable at 135. That 5lbs difference to me balances out the fact that Loma is young and in his prime whilst Pacquiao isn't. Pac is not that big. Its just at his age cutting weight is a lot harder so if they do both weigh in at 140 come fight night they wont be a lot of difference between them. Loma will be slightly taller.

I'm not criticizing him for starting his pro career at 126 and yes fighters do cut a lot of weight but Mannys not one of them. Wouldn't be surprised if Linares was naturally big than Manny.

Back