right-wing lie exposed: Mueller not involved in the Whitey Bulger Scandal

JosephDredd

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...rebuffs-claims-by-hannity-limbaugh-of-mueller

Federal judge rebuffs claims by Hannity, Limbaugh of Mueller involvement in FBI scandal

The federal judge who presided over a case surrounding one of the FBI's most notorious scandals in recent years chided conservative media personalities Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh for trying to tie special counsel Robert Mueller to the episode.

In an op-ed published by The New York Times on Wednesday, retired U.S. District Judge Nancy Gertner rebuffed suggestions by Hannity, Limbaugh and others that Mueller was complicit in the wrongful imprisonment of four men to protect the identity of Whitey Bulger, a former gangster and FBI informant.

Gertner, who presided over a lawsuit brought by two of the imprisoned men and the families of two others who died in prison, wrote that there was no evidence to suggest that Mueller was involved in the scandal.

"I was unsparing in my criticism of the FBI and Justice Department officials who were responsible for this wrongful imprisonment. I named names where the record supported it," she wrote. "I resoundingly condemned the government in an unusual court session in which I read my conclusions."
"Mr. Mueller is mentioned nowhere in my opinion; nor in the submissions of the plaintiffs’ lead trial counsel, Juliane Balliro; nor in 'Black Mass,' the book about Mr. Bulger and the FBI written by former reporters for The Boston Globe."

Mueller served in the U.S. attorney's office in Boston, where the scandal occurred, from 1982 to 1988. He currently serves as the special counsel investigating Russian meddling in the 2016 election, including possible collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia, which makes him a popular target in right-leaning media.

Gertner said that Hannity, Limbaugh and others were "simply wrong" in their assertions that Mueller had something to do with the wrongful imprisonment scandal.

"When Mr. Hannity and others say Mr. Mueller was responsible for the continued imprisonment of those four men, they are simply wrong — unless they have information that I, Ms. Balliro, the House investigators and the 'Black Mass' authors did not and do not have," Gertner wrote in the Times.

"If they do, they should produce it. If they don’t, they should stop this campaign to discredit Mr. Mueller."

Fears have been rising among Democrats that President Trump may try to fire Mueller or Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein, to whom Mueller reports.

Trump sought to allay those concerns on Wednesday.

“They’ve been saying I’m going to get rid of them for the last three months, four months, five months, and they’re still here,” Trump said.

Another lie in the attempt to smear Mueller. Smh. This time the presiding judge of the case smacked them down for their shameless bullshit. I know this has been repeated here dozens of times by the usual fucktards.

Saw this article earlier today; and was going to mention it.

Just exposes Hannity and Limbaugh for the hacks they are. Trying to smear and character assassinate Mueller. Wonder if Trump surreptitiously asked them to do it??

Fox news attempting to rile up their viewers???

I’m shocked.

What changes would you like to see made to the OP?

I'd like to see you, a veteran of sherdog politics and discourse, to be more concerned with deeper subjects not with political trivia. That shit's for the plebs. No matter who wins the political battle in government with R's and D's you still lose mate. Yours and our problems are not solved with Trump out of office and Hilldog in, or vice versa.

If I was a dumbshit Chump cocksucker, I'd be offended they think they can manipulate me by making up bullshit about Honorable Mr. Mueller.

Fox news attempting to rile up their viewers???

I’m shocked.
CNN showed another network's video of Corey Lewandowski bullshitting and some news woman calling out his bullshit and citing the judge who said Mueller had nothing to do with it.

I'd like to see you, a veteran of sherdog politics and discourse, to be more concerned with deeper subjects not with political trivia. That shit's for the plebs. No matter who wins the political battle in government with R's and D's you still lose mate. Yours and our problems are not solved with Trump out of office and Hilldog in, or vice versa.

I'm disappointed that you would consider a smear campaign "political trivia". That's one of the tools they use to stay in power. If we don't accept things that can be proven to be lies, we take away their power.

Back