RIDDICK BOWE CONFRONTS LENNOX LEWIS AFTER THEY EXCHANGE WORDS AT HEAVYWEIGHT LEGENDS EVENT

Well looked to have serious brain damage about 20 years ago, so I don't like his chances a bit and think guys in his state should never fight.
ya, it's strange that he sounds better than he did then, i've never ever seen that with a damaged boxer.

what I got out of this was that buster douglas is alive .. lol thought he was dead .. good news

Chicken Bowe and dropping the belt in the trash. I'll always remember that.

ya, it's strange that he sounds better than he did then, i've never ever seen that with a damaged boxer.
Nor have I.Though mma "experts" seems to believe otherwise. Might have been Bowe was on some kind of medication at the time.

thread title is such clickbait.. jeez OP.

Too bad he had so little to say to him when they were active fighters.

Lenox looking like young Morgan Freeman

To be fair, Bowe eventually did agree to fight Lewis in late 1994/early 1995 I believe, but Lewis got unexpectedly knocked out by Oliver McCall, so the Bowe/Lewis fight got scrapped. But the fight should have happened after Bowe beat Holyfield for the title. Lewis beat Ruddock to claim mandatory contender status, and the winner of Holyfield-Bowe was obligated to fight Lewis next.

But either Bowe or Rock Newman (or both) decided to not honor the agreement. Incidentally, Bowe also turned down a fight against Razor Ruddock earlier in the year, opting instead to fight Pierre Coetzer to officially “earn” his shot at Holyfield. Ruddock would have been a tougher test.

Lennox was a fucking monster when he needed to be. He always performed when he respected his opponents. He just lacked a little killer instinct and focus, and took two losses that he shouldn't have. He's a guy who could have retired undefeated IMO, including if he'd fought Bowe, who was also damn good at his (short lived) peak.

Yeah. Lewis showing up fat and unprepared for Vitali and barely scraping by was due to the simple fact that he had been preparing for Kirk Johnson up until two weeks earlier. And Vitali out of camp was probably more disciplined than and in-camp Lewis preparing for someone he thought he could beat in his sleep (no one was giving Johnson a chance against Lewis). When up against the likes of Tyson, Holyfield, Michael Grant (someone who people were expecting a lot more from), Razor Ruddock etc, Lewis came in prepared and focused and performed like a candidate for HW GOAT status.
there is a lot of truth to this, but i still think Vitali was a monster in his own right. If he had wanted to step over his brother’s career he would have been one of the elite HW champs, i think.

Gerry Cooneys a big boy, Jesus

dam peeps got unfinished business

tenor.gif

Big daddy bowe talking tough but everyone knews he ducked lennox, who can froget when he dumped his wbc belt in the trash when Lennox became his mando? Lol Evander even clowned him about it to his face

If I recall Riddick got stiffed by the judges at their Olympic bout right?

Either way, sucks we never got that fight

If I recall Riddick got stiffed by the judges at their Olympic bout right?

Either way, sucks we never got that fight
Nah Bowe won the first round but was finished in the second via RSC.

Riddick had his chance twice, during the Olympics and then as a pro

Lennox-Lewis-1024x827.jpg

riddick-bowe-world-champion-who-ceremonially-dumped-the-wbc-belt-and-picture-id828875282

heavyweight-champion-lennox-lewis-shows-off-his-belt-at-a-press-picture-id650892762

Last edited:
Lennox was avoided like the fucking plague, Tyson, Bowie, Holyfield, no one wanted anything with him and when there wasn’t anywhere to go don king made sure Holyfield didn’t lose that beating he took against Lewis.

But Holyfield was a warrior and fought him twice and lost twice. Bowe chickened the fuck out of that fight. Lost to him in the amateurs and avoided him in the pros.

I still like and respect bowe for the wars vs evander
Lennox was one of the best to lace up the gloves period. A true pugilist with power, athleticism and reach.

He made good-great boxers look outmatched and outclassed.

Back