Rickson vs Sakuraba

Thanks for playing, chump.

Next!

Only 2 things matter:
1) Your hero studied BJJ since he was a toddler (and his family had been mastering it for 75 years). He also had a UFC run (more experience than Sak) on top of many Gracie Challenge fights. Along comes a chain-smoking pro wrestler (with some real wrestling & catch wrestling training). He sees what the Gracies are doing, and without formally studying BJJ (like Royce had done for 25-30 years), beats the stuffing out of Royce and embarrasses him. This is the fair, prime vs. prime fight.

2) Years later Royce fights a physically-broken Sak and USES STEROIDS to beat him! Yep, Royce is every bit as much of a PED cheat as Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar, Anderson Silva, Josh Barnett, Vitor Belfort and everyone else who gets hated and bashed on here for PED use. Royce is a steroid user who cheated and used an unfair advantage. The decision should've been overturned. Cheaters shouldn't be awarded victories.

Put that in your bong and smoke it while you spend your welfare check this weekend. Ciao!

Only 2 things matter:

You not being one of them.

1) Your hero studied BJJ since he was a toddler

If you ever studied anything you wouldn't have the mind of a toddler.

He also had a UFC run (more experience than Sak) on top of many Gracie Challenge fights

So he had a run in the the most primitive days of the sport which were meaningless in the 2000s when he fought again and he did in fact have a lot of wear and tear, like you just said here. So again you're proving my points for me.

Along comes a chain-smoking pro wrestler (with some real wrestling & catch wrestling training). He sees what the Gracies are doing, and without formally studying BJJ (like Royce had done for 25-30 years), beats the stuffing out of Royce and embarrasses him.

Saky couldn't finish a past prime BJJ grappler who had a GI on which was a disadvantage for him for what, 90 minutes? You think that makes a case for Sakuraba against a Rickson who was used to fighting without a GI, is one of the greatest grapplers ever lived and is 10x the athlete, BJJ player and MMA fighter Royce ever was? Got it.

2) Years later Royce fights a physically-broken Sak and USES STEROIDS to beat him! Yep, Royce is every bit as much of a PED cheat as Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar, Anderson Silva, Josh Barnett, Vitor Belfort and everyone else who gets hated and bashed on here for PED use.

And finally the runt uses the Roids card after 3 failed attempts at trying to damage control Saku losing to a 41 year old in inactive pure BJJ grappler:
<36>

And that's after ignoring the fact that Saku was on a 4 fight winning streak and won 3 fights after losing to Royce. And also after ignoring the fact that Royce would never be as good as Rickson in any way no matter how much PED he took.

This is the point where you bow your head in shame and go home, chump. It's over.

And yet Royce still beat Sak with his primitive BJJ @ age 41, you don't even have the IQ level to comprehend what you're doing. You're proving my points for me. Royce being that bad and still beating Saku shows you what Rickson would have done to the Yakuza golden boy.

Sakuraba was on a 4 fight winning streak before the Royce rematch and then won 3 more fights after that. Royce was just a Vale Tudo grappler who had fought 4 times in 7 years before that and just had his skull bashed in by prime Matt Hughes.
Hoyce vs Hughes is not a relevant fight, u cant project anything from that.

Royce could have taken the biggest cocktail or TRT and HGH ever and he would still never be as physically and technically gifted as Rickson Gracie.

The fact that such a shitty version of Royce still got a win over him using only his grappling is pretty telling what would happen if the overrated Yakuza golden boy got tangled in Rickson's web of grandmaster proficiency.

Royce was far more past his prime at age 41 and fighting in a new, completely different era. And you want to use that as an excuse for Sakuraba? What a dummy.

As for the Ralek fight, Ralek is pretty much a pure BJJ grappler and that's how he beat and nearly snapped your idol's arm. Rickson would submit Saku any way he wanted. Now, before and forever.
Hmmm..I actually feel that Hoyce, even though he´s considered inferior to Hickson, might have had the best chance, among the Gracies, to surprise and beat SAKU GOAT.

This is MMA/Vale Tudo, not BJJ. Hickson´s game is a perfectionnist one, pretty text-book... Like a perfect mechanism.

Hoyce´s game was less perfect, but I definitely feel he had, IN HIS PRIME (not in Pride), better scrambles, better agility in his legs, which could have made a difference on the ground against SAKU GOAT.

I also believe Hoyce´s tougher than Hickson...imo though...

About ur insistence on the "Yakuza Golden Boy" stance... borderline comical.

And yet Royce still beat Sak with his primitive BJJ @ age 41, you don't even have the IQ level to comprehend what you're doing. You're proving my points for me. Royce being that bad and still beating Saku shows you what Rickson would have done to the Yakuza golden boy.

Sakuraba was on a 4 fight winning streak before the Royce rematch and then won 3 more fights after that. Royce was just a Vale Tudo grappler who had fought 4 times in 7 years before that and just had his skull bashed in by prime Matt Hughes.

Royce clearly lost that fight lol

Have you actually seen it

Rickson would have beat Sakuraba. He was pretty old but Sakuraba went 1.5 hours with Royce the first time and went to a decision the second time. He would have probably lost a decision in the first fight as well if it was a normal time limit. People seem to have this false memory that Sakuraba dominated Royce or something.

Royce himself said Rickson dominated him in training, easily. I saw Rickson and Rolyer training and Royler didn't even last 15 seconds in Rickson's guard. After training in Rickson's style for the last year and seeing stuff I had never seen in over a decade of BJJ training, his stuff is for real. I thought it was hype until I saw it myself.

Royce clearly lost that fight lol

Have you actually seen it

Yeah, it's super boring and neither guy was impressive. It's hard to get through and I had to watch it 1 round at a time. To pretend either guy clearly won is pretty bias and stupid. I would have to be paid to watch it again lol

Rickson would have beat Sakuraba. He was pretty old but Sakuraba went 1.5 hours with Royce the first time and went to a decision the second time. He would have probably lost a decision in the first fight as well if it was a normal time limit. People seem to have this false memory that Sakuraba dominated Royce or something.

Royce himself said Rickson dominated him in training, easily. I saw Rickson and Rolyer training and Royler didn't even last 15 seconds in Rickson's guard. After training in Rickson's style for the last year and seeing stuff I had never seen in over a decade of BJJ training, his stuff is for real. I thought it was hype until I saw it myself.

Saku definitely dominated him, had the best sub attempt of the fight with the knee bar in round 1, dropped him multiple times standing, battered his legs, and generally just made a fool of Royce until he'd had enough. It was a weird fight, and very slow, but basically all the offense was Saku's.

On the other hand, Rickson's 2nd fight with Takada was very even until the finish and Rickson got rocked by a knee, and we all know what a joke Takada was as a fighter

Only 2 things matter:
1) Your hero studied BJJ since he was a toddler (and his family had been mastering it for 75 years). He also had a UFC run (more experience than Sak) on top of many Gracie Challenge fights. Along comes a chain-smoking pro wrestler (with some real wrestling & catch wrestling training). He sees what the Gracies are doing, and without formally studying BJJ (like Royce had done for 25-30 years), beats the stuffing out of Royce and embarrasses him. This is the fair, prime vs. prime fight.

2) Years later Royce fights a physically-broken Sak and USES STEROIDS to beat him! Yep, Royce is every bit as much of a PED cheat as Jon Jones, Brock Lesnar, Anderson Silva, Josh Barnett, Vitor Belfort and everyone else who gets hated and bashed on here for PED use. Royce is a steroid user who cheated and used an unfair advantage. The decision should've been overturned. Cheaters shouldn't be awarded victories.

Put that in your bong and smoke it while you spend your welfare check this weekend. Ciao!
About your 1st point... Hoyce was no longer in his [physical] prime in Pride...

About your 1st point... Hoyce was no longer in his [physical] prime in Pride...

If not, he was close. Age 34 but only 12-13 fights and very little damage. Sakuraba was a little younger but had done a lot of pro wrestling (very hard on your body) in addition to as many MMA fights as Royce had.

If not, he was close. Age 34 but only 12-13 fights and very little damage. Sakuraba was a little younger but had done a lot of pro wrestling (very hard on your body) in addition to as many MMA fights as Royce had.
ok, close, but realistically, if you looked closely at his game, u could see the physical decline... at closing the distance and clinching, and he particularly no longer had the same agility in his legs during scrambles...

Back