Rickson Gracie vs Rolls Gracie

Mind blown! Rickson got dominated

I believe though that this happened when Rolls was a black belt (with Sambo training) and Rickson was only a blue (purely in BJJ). Also, I believe Rolls was in his prime and Rickson was still very young.

Prime Rickson vs Prime Rolls in a no time limit submission only match would be amazing!

I believe though that this happened when Rolls was a black belt (with Sambo training) and Rickson was only a blue (purely in BJJ). Also, I believe Rolls was in his prime and Rickson was still very young.

Prime Rickson vs Prime Rolls in a no time limit submission only match would be amazing!
If the video happened during 70's then I guess Rickson is either a brown belt or a new black belt.He received his black belt at age 20 and Rickson joins Rolls on some sambo tournaments as well and judo if I'm not mistaken

Not sure if it's the same video that was in opening post. But damn these guys were beasts.

Is it me or are these guys mad fast and physical? I feel its become almost taboo to talk about strength and speed in modern sport BJJ. But these guys are going hard, arms, legs flying all over the place. Very aggressive stuff.

If the video happened during 70's then I guess Rickson is either a brown belt or a new black belt.He received his black belt at age 20 and Rickson joins Rolls on some sambo tournaments as well and judo if I'm not mistaken

Rickson was a teenager in the video.

On the JRE podcast Rickson says that Rolls was better than him all his life except in the last year before Rolls death he caught and surpassed him.

Make of that what you will.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back