Rick and Morty season 3 discussion

Definitely possible, but that seems pretty risky. I fired up the show because I thought he was already President at that point, but he wasn't. He was kissing babies.

While rewatching this portion, I noticed something significant. Remember after Cop Morty killed the Loco Mortys, and Cop Rick asks him what happens? "Same old story...Mortys killing Mortys." Then, after Cop Rick kills Cop Morty, and the rest of the police show up asking what happens, he says, "Same old story...Ricks killing Mortys."

At first the only subtext I read into that was racial. "Mortys killing Mortys" referenced black-on-black crime while "Ricks killing Mortys" referenced police-on-black crime. Then I realized it's also a double entendre adumbrating my Evil Morty theory above; that somehow the divisions between Rick & Morty (when they are divided) trace to Rick costing Morty lives.
I agree. It's really the last scene that made me think that. Seeing Deep Throat Rick dead in space was the tell. It doesn't really affect your theory, it just adds some elements that need more digging.

I can't wait to see the next episode. I've heard it was supposed to be something like The Rick-turian Candidate, which would most likely be a follow-up on this one but the Internet says next episode will be Morty's Mind Blower. I don't want to go on Reddit and start exploring conspiracy theories, I'd rather just have fun on the moment and not rationalize too much.

No matter, I'll be watching for sure!

morty cop and roockie probably had the funniest parts. particularly the scene where mortycop went into aww-geeze mode and then tells roockie to get in the fuckin car was probably the only part where i irl lolled.

that's a lot of jokes.. but i just didnt find many of them funny
Witness Morty: "They were about my height...around 14 years old...oh! Their shirts were yellow!"
Cop Morty: "Yeah, make sure to get that down."
Cop Rick: "Any mutations? Augmentations? Three eyes? A tail? Maybe a buzz cut?"
Witness Morty: "No, just four normal Mortys."
Snorkel-Nosed Janitor Morty: "Normal?"
Witness Morty: "Save it for your blog!"

Rolling...on...the....floor.

Witness Morty: "They were about my height...around 14 years old...oh! Their shirts were yellow!"
Cop Morty: "Yeah, make sure to get that down."
Cop Rick: "Any mutations? Augmentations? Three eyes? A tail? Maybe a buzz cut?"
Witness Morty: "No, just four normal Mortys."
Snorkel-Nosed Janitor Morty: "Normal?"
Witness Morty: "Save it for your blog!"

Rolling...on...the....floor.
I like how Dan Harmon has kind of been making fun of PC culture and the whole reverse racism thing since Community. I've never actually seen that show and decided to go back and start watching. It's great, and I can see a lot of the same type of humor. South Park has been making fun of PC culture since 2000, though. They were *way* ahead of their time.

I like how Dan Harmon has kind of been making fun of PC culture and the whole reverse racism thing since Community. I've never actually seen that show and decided to go back and start watching. It's great, and I can see a lot of the same type of humor. South Park has been making fun of PC culture since 2000, though. They were *way* ahead of their time.
first 2 seasons or so of community were awesome

season 3 was still pretty good, but even after harmon returned, for was it 5 and 6?, the show just wasnt as funny/clever/well written to me, and i hate to use this word but it got a little to 'meta'.

season 3 was still pretty good, but even after harmon returned, for was it 5 and 6?, the show just wasnt as funny/clever/well written to me, and i hate to use this word but it got a little to 'meta'.
I agree the general drift of this sentiments. They're valid. Season 5 was brilliant, I thought, but Season 6 fell off a bit.

Being that there's an infinite amount of universes with infinite Mortys, somewhere, there must be an 'Alpha Morty' that has sexed Jessica.

He doesn't want to kill the original Rick, or even to kill all Ricks (I don't think). He wants to flip the status quo. He sees not just his own universe, but the multiverse as a plague of injustice wherein Morty's are a sub-class of humans who live under the oppression of Rick.

Evil Morty was oppressing Morty's as well though the first time we saw him. Remember all those in the matrix around his hideout that were having pain inflicted upon them?

On a second watch of the last episode I noticed "get schwifty" graffiti on the wall in the room where cop Rick kills the gang member Morty that stabs him.

I watched all of the first three seasons, kinda skimmed through S4 and am toward the end of S5 now. Season 5 is MUCH better than S4, but Donald Glover leaving left a huge hole. When Chevy left, it was like okay, he didn't really understand the humor anyways. But Troy and Abed were my favorite part of the show. Now it's just Abed dealing with Aspergers without his best friend to level him out - it's almost depressing.

The first three seasons were great, though.

Man this episode was hilarious

Yup. It just keeps getting better and better. I can safely say that Rick and Morty is now my favorite show currently and up there with my favorites of all time.

I loved futurama and r&m feels like it has one upped it now.

The light switch gag was the funniest. I died when they got tthe shovels

The fucking squirrels cracked me up, and Jerry accidentally killing the alien had me rolling.

Or those poor people from NASA.

All of it was great. Morty getting an innocent service member killed because from a certain angle, he looks like a smudge.

Squirrels are in charge of a the world's conspiracies.

Did Morty murder a bunch of alt-universe Jessicas with Rick's device?

Back