Rice: better plain or fried?

Is there any one who doesn't like rice? it seems to be the most universally loved food.

I don't think I've ever met someone who has said "I don't like rice".

Love rice all kinda ways, BBQ pork Fried rice might be my favorite next to plain with a good thia curry sauce to soak up and Mexican rice done right is fricken killer.

Rice is nice!

quote-i-like-rice-rice-is-great-if-you-re-hungry-and-want-2000-of-something-picketing-but-mitch-hedberg-56-67-58.jpg

Plain.

White rice for the win

Then Jasmine rice

Then Basmati rice.

Rice fried with seasame seed oil and soy sauce. I also like rice pudding, I found a recipe called "ginger reds" rice pudding and it's great.

Regular with furikake or with teriyaki sauce and mayo from boneless skinless teriyaki chicken and macaroni salad.

Fried with some garlic, topped with an egg, and 2 pieces of spam on the side. Best breakfast ever.

BBQ pork fried rice is pretty awesome as well. Plain rice with soy sauce mixed in goes with pretty much everything and tastes great on its own. I am also a big fan of citrus rice, rice pilaf, spanish rice, and more I am sure I am missing. Being half Asian I guess its in my DNA to just love all rice.

Was raised on, and chef up these two PR rice dishes quite often.

Rice and gandules:

images

Rice and beans:

2012-04-23+10.50.52+%282%29.jpg

Absolutely slammin.

Sometimes I'll even make the beans to pour over the rice and gandules, combining the two delicious meals into one supreme rice dish to rule them all.

Fried rice covered with Kraft singles and ketchup >>>

Back