Rice: better plain or fried?

mb23100

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Rice is probably the main staple of the worlds food supply. So many different ways to do it. How do you guys like your rice?

Plain:
images-67.jpg

I realize this encompasses a lot. White, Brown, Jasmine, Sticky....etc

Fried
2017-03-26-18-15-56--1242061563.jpg

Also encompasses a lot. We all agree that Lobster fried rice is best though

Personally i like plain brown rice with a little soy sauce. Fried is great but i have PTSD from watching them make it at a hibachi show. The amount of butter they put in that shit is disgusting.

Also rice pudding is my favorite dessert
images-70.jpg

What you guys got?

Plain short grain . I only eat it once a week it's pretty fattening.

1m5kit.jpg

Rice is probably the main staple of the worlds food supply. So many different ways to do it. How do you guys like your rice?

Plain:
View attachment 213629

I realize this encompasses a lot. White, Brown, Jasmine, Sticky....etc

Fried
View attachment 213631

Also encompasses a lot. We all agree that Lobster fried rice is best though

Personally i like plain brown rice with a little soy sauce. Fried is great but i have PTSD from watching them make it at a hibachi show. The amount of butter they put in that shit is disgusting.

Also rice pudding is my favorite dessert
View attachment 213633

What you guys got?

It all depends on what you're eating with.

i like both. but may go with plain.

coming from a sri lankan background we always eat plain rice and load the curries on to it and its fucking delicious.

Lol at rice being fattening.

Jasmine rice is my favorite.

I don't eat baby servings of rice , it's so carb rich that it can be fattening plus the island diet I've gotten away from had a lot of rice with a lot of fried or bbq Meat , not ideal health wise

Fried rice but I am not sure it is healthy.

plain for sure. I like getting roast duck at the local Chinese restaurant and putting the duck juice all over the rice. Best.Thing.Evar.

with added flavors

the more decadent the better

Best rice is Paella no fucking doubt about it.

I could throw all the shit in the paella and eat only the rice.

If you are just asking about different ways to cook rice itself then I like Nasi lemak (white rice cooked in coconut milk and pandan leaf), or hainanese chicken rice (white rice cooked in chicken stock)

Thinly veiled banchan call out thread imo.

Last edited:
I prefer plain brown rice if I'm gonna eat it.

Back