Ricardo Mayorga Calls Out McGregor

Conor would KO his ass easy!!!!

Mayorga was a brawler with great power but has shitty lifestyle and a lack of worth ethic as well as a lack of proper boxing technique.

lol you are crazy ...
HE still made it to be a world champion in boxing and also has hell of a chin he would destroy Conor .

lol you are crazy ...
HE still made it to be a world champion in boxing and also has hell of a chin he would destroy Conor .

He had favorable match up because he was an entertaining shit talker. His best win was Vernon Forrest, other then that, he got served by every half decent boxer.

Conor with the full dedication to boxing could have beaten all of the opponents Mayorga did. Though not sure how far he would go if he had to face legit world class boxers.

Looking at Mayorga's boxing record, he only has had around 10 fights since 2003 and anytime he fought a world champion level boxer, he got served and only managed to get those fights for entertainment/personality factor and not due to earning it by going through the ranks.

Just to clarify, he would have a decent chance of beating Conor in his prime but right now, he would KOed easy!

No one cares about titles,duh. They just want the money. If you make alot of money,you can just fight when you want to,or not fight at all. Thats the life.

As a fight fan I care about titles, ranks, and ladder climbing. So what are the guys at the the bottom and diamonds in the ruffs suppose to do if they can't ladder climb to get higher for a shot, If all champs do is pick & choose the best money fight? Money fights are good for the fighters and maybe the UFC if they sell mega, but as far as I can see there is only one fighter that is considered a money fight at the moment, the rest are just fighters

It's the UFC's job to teach casuals about belts and ranks not eliminate their importance because their cumbersome and get in the way of making maximum money. This is why a true legit contender like Maia is denied a shot because he's not a sexy sell he's not a money a money fight, it's all f*king backwards to me I was raised on boxing bought Black Belt magazines for fighting tips lost my mind when I first saw Royce Gracie who would be booed out of the arena by 2days casuals. I'm old school and refuse to change, I like fighters not primadonna's

As a fight fan I care about titles, ranks, and ladder climbing. So what are the guys at the the bottom and diamonds in the ruffs suppose to do if they can't ladder climb to get higher for a shot, If all champs do is pick & choose the best money fight? Money fights are good for the fighters and maybe the UFC if they sell mega, but as far as I can see there is only one fighter that is considered a money fight at the moment, the rest are just fighters

It's the UFC's job to teach casuals about belts and ranks not eliminate their importance because their cumbersome and get in the way of making maximum money. This is why a true legit contender like Maia is denied a shot because he's not a sexy sell he's not a money a money fight, it's all f*king backwards to me I was raised on boxing bought Black Belt magazines for fighting tips lost my mind when I first saw Royce Gracie who would be booed out of the arena by 2days casuals. I'm old school and refuse to change, I like fighters not primadonna's
The more money fighters can make,the more its going to become like boxing.

Conor would beat Mayorga for sure, especially at this stage.

mayorga got wrecked in his last mma fight. fish out of water when they started grappling

Conor would KO his ass easy!!!!

Mayorga was a brawler with great power but has shitty lifestyle and a lack of worth ethic as well as a lack of proper boxing technique.
In a straight up boxing match, I'd put my money Mayorga, even today's version after smoke by and drinking. He was a skilled brawler. The best in De La Hoya, Mosley, and Trinidad (after a fun slugfest) beat him, but Vernon Forrest couldn't in 2 attempts and Mayorga was the first to hand Six Heads his first loss (by KO). He did not have a shitty technique. You don't get 2 wins over a prime Forrest with shitty technique. Keep in mind this is as after Forrest had 2 wins over Mosley, who was considered the best in the world by many. I'm a Conor fan, but don't think he takes Mayorga even today. I don't understand why so many MMA and boxing fans have so much trouble understanding how difficult it is to simply jump into the other sport.

I already called this shit a month or two ago Mayorga could go eat contaminated hooker pussy smoke 3 packs a day with a side of whatever he loves to drink and he'd still kill Conor in a boxing ring.

It was Shane Mosley that slapped the ciggy from his mouth

Better take the 15 millions for fighting with Floyd, I guess.

He had favorable match up because he was an entertaining shit talker. His best win was Vernon Forrest, other then that, he got served by every half decent boxer.

Conor with the full dedication to boxing could have beaten all of the opponents Mayorga did. Though not sure how far he would go if he had to face legit world class boxers.

Looking at Mayorga's boxing record, he only has had around 10 fights since 2003 and anytime he fought a world champion level boxer, he got served and only managed to get those fights for entertainment/personality factor and not due to earning it by going through the ranks.

Just to clarify, he would have a decent chance of beating Conor in his prime but right now, he would KOed easy!

There are quite a few guys on his resume that Conor would not beat. He wouldn't ever beat Vernon Forrest or Fernando Vargas. There's also quite a few mid tier fighters he wouldn't beat. The truth is if Conor was some great boxer he'd be boxing. He would be making 10 times the money as a boxer if he was as successful as he has been in MMA.

Oh shit

Mayorga was gonna fight Din Thomas or actually did.

He blew cigarette smoke, I think, in Dins face and shit got wild
Wobbled em with a slap.

Oh shit

Mayorga was gonna fight Din Thomas or actually did.

He blew cigarette smoke, I think, in Dins face and shit got wild

DQ for strikes to the spine, unless that was a different flight

Mayorga was pretty fucking good for a short while...... He was a monster for a Welterweight, but then he was jobbed vs Cory Spinks and couldn't make the weight anymore.

In a straight up boxing match, I'd put my money Mayorga, even today's version after smoke by and drinking. He was a skilled brawler. The best in De La Hoya, Mosley, and Trinidad (after a fun slugfest) beat him, but Vernon Forrest couldn't in 2 attempts and Mayorga was the first to hand Six Heads his first loss (by KO). He did not have a shitty technique. You don't get 2 wins over a prime Forrest with shitty technique. Keep in mind this is as after Forrest had 2 wins over Mosley, who was considered the best in the world by many. I'm a Conor fan, but don't think he takes Mayorga even today. I don't understand why so many MMA and boxing fans have so much trouble understanding how difficult it is to simply jump into the other sport.

Look its true he was a skilled brawler but he lacked boxing fundamentals. Also, the drinking and smoking diminishes you as you get older. Like I said, in his prime, Mayorga could have beaten Conor due to having great punching power and unorthodox brawling style.

But he is older, slower and he never truly developed a proper boxing skills. Pro boxing champ or not, he is a human at the end of the day and he has a shitty life style and work ethic. Conor beats him if they fought now a days.

There are quite a few guys on his resume that Conor would not beat. He wouldn't ever beat Vernon Forrest or Fernando Vargas. There's also quite a few mid tier fighters he wouldn't beat. The truth is if Conor was some great boxer he'd be boxing. He would be making 10 times the money as a boxer if he was as successful as he has been in MMA.

You maybe right, he may not be able to beat Vernon and Fernando but that was a younger Ricardo. Todays Ricardo would lose to Conor since he is slower and older.

Back