Ricardo Arona if got in the UFC

Jones would definitely demolish him , but the guy would had been top 5 in ufc during his prime

Yeah, if Arona moved to the UFC in the early to mid-2000s, he'd be in the Top 5 with Chuck, Tito and Randy. I don't take any issue with that. But Arona was going downhill when the other Pride guys came over (2007 or so), and none of them dominated UFC fighters like they were supposed to.

Lol

i remember the threads that used to pop up with people saying he is finally coming to the ufc now

As one dimensional of a fighter as you can get. Wouldn’t do very well over time.

Yeah, if Arona moved to the UFC in the early to mid-2000s, he'd be in the Top 5 with Chuck, Tito and Randy. I don't take any issue with that. But Arona was going downhill when the other Pride guys came over (2007 or so), and none of them dominated UFC fighters like they were supposed to.

True, but Adding the elbows to his game would had been a game changer for him not saying he would had been champ guys with elite TDd would had killed him. Some of the pride guys did pretty well, rampage came in dominated, zombie Nogueira came and won the title, Anderson, werdum .... I think the biggest disappointments were CC and Gomi

And they both beat Arona in Pride and were in the UFC. They'd be very tough fights for him, along with Machida and those "overrated TUF fighters" like Rashad and Forrest (who did much better vs. Pride fighters than anyone expected).
He'd have beat Forrest,Franklin,Thiago silva,vitor

True, but Adding the elbows to his game would had been a game changer for him not saying he would had been champ guys with elite TDd would had killed him. Some of the pride guys did pretty well, rampage came in dominated, zombie Nogueira came and won the title, Anderson, werdum .... I think the biggest disappointments were CC and Gomi

I wouldn't say Rampage dominated. Chuck was 38 during their rematch and his decline was inevitable and very clear afterwards (he lost to Jardine next then got KO'd a bunch of times). Rampage then beat Hendo in a competitive UD....before Hendo moved to MW where he was annihilated by Anderson. After that Rampage lost to Forrest and was very inconsistent. Shogun had similarly mixed results and Wand never came close to winning a belt.

He'd have beat Forrest,Franklin,Thiago silva,vitor

TRT Vitor--I don't know. I can see him pulling a Sokoudjou type win with his fists or a head kick. He was a beast. That fight could go either way. Speaking of TRT, Arona was never tested for anything and may have had issues there, too.

Cage would suit Arona fine. His style would be perfect. Imagine Couture in Pride against the best, thats Arona. Now put him in a cage in his prime, he would have the success as Couture did

Well, he lost to Rampage (KO), Wanderlei, Sokoudjou (KO), and Shogun (KO) and look how they did. He lost 3 of his last 4 Pride fights, so he would've been lucky to win a few fights.
Agreed ! He would suffer the same fate as Anderson Silva (scrub) who got smoked in Pride by non wiki page fighters

He would push them against the cage and eventually get the takedowns. Boring asf but his style is tailor made for cage fighting

I wouldn't say Rampage dominated. Chuck was 38 during their rematch and his decline was inevitable and very clear afterwards (he lost to Jardine next then got KO'd a bunch of times). Rampage then beat Hendo in a competitive UD....before Hendo moved to MW where he was annihilated by Anderson. After that Rampage lost to Forrest and was very inconsistent. Shogun had similarly mixed results and Wand never came close to winning a belt.

Well he came in and ko chuck with one left hook and was a champ( he had already beaten chuck at his prime), yes he did loose some and won some but he became a champ. Shogun did very well for himself after that Forrest loss and ended the machida era also becoming a champ . Henderson was another who did well, and wanderlei was already on the way out ... specially after devastating losses to hendo and mirko. Overall pride fighters did very well in the ufc considering rules and octagon change.

top 10 but probably 5-10 ranked

grappling was solid but his takedowns werent wrestling level and his striking was still green. guys like machida, thiago silva, rampage, rashad etc would have beat him

at that time id say forrest was a top guy that arona would have a shot at beating

I think Chuck Liddell vs. Arona would have been an interesting fight. I think Chuck would have cracked him but maybe Arona could have worn him out with kicks. If he got the takedown Chuck would have been in trouble.

Actually, I don’t like Arona at all.

Just being reasonable.

I suppose GSP wasn’t that good because he lost to Matt Serra?
Hahah I love how this ended the argument. Sokodjou was a beast on the feet till he gassed i.e. in the first round. He KOed Rogerio too which wasn't an easy feat then. Machida strategically outworked Sok like he did to everyone else at that time. The OP needs to look beyond wiki records.

Back