Ricardo Arona if got in the UFC

Very good grappler but his chin up in the air style would get him in trouble after a few fights.

I can imagine seeing him getting blasted by someone like Rumble although equally if he gets one takedown the fights probably over.

Jones would be an interesting one as what actually happens with Arona's lowkicks would be hard to predict.

I can imagine seeing him getting blasted by someone like Rumble although equally if he gets one takedown the fights probably over.

Jones would be an interesting one as what actually happens with Arona's lowkicks would be hard to predict.

Yep. Adcc winner with powerful leg kicks (for those who doubt go check some of his pride fights). i mentioned this a long time ago he would have been jones kryptonite.

Yep. Adcc winner with powerful leg kicks (for those who doubt go check some of his pride fights). i mentioned this a long time ago he would have been jones kryptonite.

Honestly I think the worst LHW style matchup for Jones might well have been mid 00's Rogerio, good boxer with high level BJJ off of his back, by the time he was potentially getting near a UFC title chance though he was clearly on the decline.

He lost 3 of his last 4 fights in Pride. He made a brief comeback in 2009 and had trouble beating Marvin Eastman. He probably wouldn't win the belt pre-Jones, and if he somehow did, Jones would demolish him.

He would take Jon Jones down and show him what real PEDs are.

He would take Jon Jones down and show him what real PEDs are.

Yeah, he'd outwrestle Jones...something no one else could do, including NCAA Div 1 wrestlers like Jake O'Brien, Bader and Rashad or Olympian Daniel Cormier. The guy who lost to Rampage, Shogun, Wand and Sok would just come to the UFC and walk through Jon Jones.

Pride nostalgia should be classified as a disease or something.

Jones would be kicking him to pieces, including oblique kicks to the knees, while Arona was standing around wondering if he should throw a leg kick or go for another failed TD.

He would be around because he was a good grappler, but would need to evolve quite a bit.
Probably would be a guy around top 5-10.

Yeah, he'd outwrestle Jones...something no one else could do, including NCAA Div 1 wrestlers like Jake O'Brien, Bader and Rashad or Olympian Daniel Cormier. The guy who lost to Rampage, Shogun, Wand and Sok would just come to the UFC and walk through Jon Jones.

Pride nostalgia should be classified as a disease or something.

Jon's was outwrestled by a pure kickboxer in Gustafferson. Arona would weaken his legs and he wouldn't be able to sprawl.

Jon's was outwrestled by a pure kickboxer in Gustafferson. Arona would weaken his legs and he wouldn't be able to sprawl.

Jones and Gus would both destroy Arona. He had no boxing and lost to almost every high-level fighter he faced. Just get over your little fantasy...Arona could barely beat Marvin Eastman, and that was 8 years ago.

Ricardo Arona if got in the UFC much boring, too middle of the pack fighter likely for Ricardo Arona. You some people gonna do bad at teh Engrish, TS?

If got in UFC Ricky Arona gonna fuxk chuk

Jones and Gus would both destroy Arona. He had no boxing and lost to almost every high-level fighter he faced. Just get over your little fantasy...Arona could barely beat Marvin Eastman, and that was 8 years ago.

Marvin Eastman also holds a win over Rampage, and at the time Arona fought him he was barely even training. Arona only ever got KO'ed in weird situations, no one ever knocked him out on the feet (Rampage headbutted him, he practically KO'ed himself Vs Shogun and Sokodjou he was going for a single leg with dengue fever.

I dont think he can take Jon down Jones is an American American Wrestlers are difficukt to takedown by Brazzilian wrestlers.

Plus Jones reach will be a big problem for Arona.

Best case scenario for him is if Jon was forced to take him down Ricardo could do the Vitor Arm bar and that will surely destroy jones

Well, he lost to Rampage (KO), Wanderlei, Sokoudjou (KO), and Shogun (KO) and look how they did. He lost 3 of his last 4 Pride fights, so he would've been lucky to win a few fights.

What an ignorant statement, arona with elbows would had been devastating in the ufc

He lost 3 of his last 4 fights in Pride. He made a brief comeback in 2009 and had trouble beating Marvin Eastman. He probably wouldn't win the belt pre-Jones, and if he somehow did, Jones would demolish him.

Jones would definitely demolish him , but the guy would had been top 5 in ufc during his prime

Best case scenario for him is if Jon was forced to take him down Ricardo could do the Vitor Arm bar and that will surely destroy jones

The arm bar only worked (well almost worked) for Vitor because Jones wasn't expecting it. Jones was only concerned with Vitor's striking, and he dominated the striking. Jones would be more careful with a BJJ expert, though to be fair, Arona hardly ever submitted anyone. Arona's game was top control, and that's also Jones' game...and Jones would win that battle.

Guy looked juiced to the gills.

Probably wouldn't last

Wonder if he retained any of that?

Back