Rewatching Armageddon

G

Guestx

First time I've seen it in 15 years or more.

About 20 minutes in so far. Initial observations:

- Damn, everyone is so young. Affleck was just a boy at this point. And Liv Tyler was but a mere lass.

- It very much feels like a Michael Bay film. Pre-Transformers Michael Bay was a special thing, I think.

- Ah yes, those halcyon days before I knew that Bruce Willis was a real-life asshole.

- Really cool FX scene near the beginning when the space shuttle gets destroyed.

Will add more as I go.

Anyone else have thoughts on Armageddon?

The scene where Bruce's team is making their demands is hilarious.

Bring back 8 Track tapes? Stay in the Lincoln bedroom for the summer?

It's a good movie. How about that Charlton Heston preamble.

I really have to wonder just what exactly would've happened with Michael Bay if he had never gotten hooked up with the Transformers franchise.

What would he have given us? More fun movies like this and The Rock and Pain and Gain?

Fuck you, Autobots!

For a movie like this, I think the Michael Bay bullshit is appropriate.

Is there something specific you can point out?

I think it probably sets the Michael Bay personal record for black people bickering and yelling as comic relief.

It's amazing how this movie is 20-years-old and the effects look better than the vast majority of effects in movies today.

It has it's faults but it is highly entertaining. I always end up watching it when it's on tv

So here's a question. . .

In the movie they swear everyone to secrecy because they don't want to cause an international panic. But then they announce to the world what is going on right before the guys launch.

If they're really worried about a panic, would they even do that? Or would they just make it a secret mission all the way through?

tumblr_m9t1lhmrTr1qaex5co2_500.gif

tumblr_m9t1lhmrTr1qaex5co4_500.gif

Not really feeling all the stuff on the Russian space station. Kind of incomprehensible.

David fichtner always plays an asshole doesn't he?

Except in "what's the worst that could happen"

David fichtner always plays an asshole doesn't he?

Except in "what's the worst that could happen"

You mean William Fichtner?

Nah, not always. Contact and Equilibrium come to mind. In Contact he was a very gentle soul.

Billy Bob Thornton basically looks the same today as he did 20 years ago.

You mean William Fichtner?

Nah, not always. Contact and Equilibrium come to mind. In Contact he was a very gentle soul.
Can't believe i got his name wrong. It's 2:30am and we're tired from unpacking boxes.

Haven't watched those. Always thought of equilibrium as a matrix wannabe. And contact, i just never got around to watch it

Can't believe i got his name wrong. It's 2:30am and we're tired from unpacking boxes.

Haven't watched those. Always thought of equilibrium as a matrix wannabe. And contact, i just never got around to watch it

Equilibrium has virtually nothing in common with the Matrix. You definitely should watch it. It's awesome.

Contact, too. It's a Top 5 sci-fi film for me.

Back