Rewatched Rampage vs Griffin.....

No idea how Forrest got the decision.

Oh well he got KO’d in his next fight

Was rewatching a few old fights and I know this is a old fight but Rampage got straight up robbed. At worst, it was a draw.

Round 1 - Rampage
Round 2 - Griffin easily with probably a 10-8
Round 3 - Rampage
Round 4 - Rampage
Round 5 - Rampage, close round could have been for Forrest which would make it a draw.

What do you guys think?
I remember it being 50-45 or 49-46 for Griffin. Fight was not close at all.
I honest to God didn't realize this fight was controversial till now, it was extremely one-sided.

Was rewatching a few old fights and I know this is a old fight but Rampage got straight up robbed. At worst, it was a draw.

Round 1 - Rampage
Round 2 - Griffin easily with probably a 10-8
Round 3 - Rampage
Round 4 - Rampage
Round 5 - Rampage, close round could have been for Forrest which would make it a draw.

What do you guys think?
What happened in round two that made it so dominant for Forrest? I'm drawing a blank here but it couldnt have been a 10-8 for leg kicks can it??

I thought Rampage won yet it was a close enough fight for the decision to go either way. It definitely wasn’t one-sided though.

FWIW, I also thought Shogun won against Machida.

You got to beat the champ to become the champ.

A close title fight should always go to the champion IMO

seems like they only used to do it when someone got mauled .. I dont recall very many 10-8's .. But then again i smoke a boat load of weed
Yeah it was really rare, one I can remember is in a Sam Hoger fight helost a dec by like 30-25 by one judge lol

I remember thinking forrest won 3 rounds but not expecting them to give him the nod bc it was close and Rampage was champ

I remember it being 50-45 or 49-46 for Griffin. Fight was not close at all.
I honest to God didn't realize this fight was controversial till now, it was extremely one-sided.
50-45? You don't "remember" it at all lol. 1st round Rampage drops Forrest and nearly finishes him. But sure. 50-45.

It was a close fight. No robbery.

Rampage could have won if he fought for it a little more, Forrest fought hard, had success with leg kicks and when it was on the ground.

Close enough to not be a robbery.

I remember thinking forrest won 3 rounds but not expecting them to give him the nod bc it was close and Rampage was champ
This is about where I was.

End of fight: "holy shit, Forest might have actually pulled that off."

Party I was at was split with people picking both guys. Could have gone either way imo.

I thought Forrest won 3 rounds. I can’t remember what rounds. Watched with sound off in bar.

Wait let me get this straight.. so a really close fight that honestly probably should be a draw but they went ahead and just gave it to the champ means it was a ROBBERY? Your and my definition of robbery are totally different..

If there’s no finish and it’s close, either fighter can win and there shouldn’t be any complaints. Should’ve fought harder for the KO/ submission.

I thought it was a draw. Rampage looked bad in that fight anyway you slice it.

I remember thinking Forrest won that fight.

I'll have to give it a re-watch, it's been years.

Back