Rewatched my 2017 FOTY (Canelo/GGG)

Depends on what you like to see in a fight. For me, this fight was amazing, no other fight was as exciting for me in 2017. Relevance only added to it's intensity.
i agree completely in that regard. it really comes down to what you enjoy watching as a fan. i was watching zarate vs pintor the other day and although it was a relatively steady fight the technique on display was amazing.

First time seeing this fight, I had it a draw. I watched it again the other day while drinking, I hadn't been able to find it on youtube for the longest time in it's entirety for whatever reason, but I was tipsy and wound up scoring it a draw again because most of the rounds were too hard to score while drunk. Well, I re-scored last night and tonight sober, and both times got the same result: 7-5 Canelo.

I got no problem with the draw, I can see exactly why one would score it for GGG, but I'm thankful Canelo didn't get screwed with a loss either.

Has anyone else rewatched and had a different score than fight night?
I got the same score after watch it twice... the second time in mute mode.
Also, I got no problem with the draw result tough...

Depends on what you like to see in a fight. For me, this fight was amazing, no other fight was as exciting for me in 2017. Relevance only added to it's intensity.
i dunno...to me it was a tactical fight...a lotta anticipation and not a whole lot of sustained action...now, ward-kovalev II, THAT hand me jumpin up and down with excitement!!<Moves>

I never get when people who think they know more than others when scoring fights declare "watch it without the sound on"....

Do these people think that the judges sat at ringside have fucking mufflers on or something?

I never get when people who think they know more than others when scoring fights declare "watch it without the sound on"....

Do these people think that the judges sat at ringside have fucking mufflers on or something?
The judges can't hear the commentary.
I think the commentary is often misleading to viewers, especially causal fans that only tune in for big fights.

I think the commentary is often misleading to viewers, especially causal fans that only tune in for big fights.

I have never really found commentary confusing, its just someones opinion, and is often wrong

I have never really found commentary confusing, its just someones opinion, and is often wrong
I tend to see past it too, but a lot of fans don't.

i dunno...to me it was a tactical fight...a lotta anticipation and not a whole lot of sustained action...now, ward-kovalev II, THAT hand me jumpin up and down with excitement!!<Moves>
Both Ward/Kov fights were very intense, but as a Ward fan I was pretty amped up during the rematch, too!

During Canelo/GGG, Lampley kept trying to force his opinion over Kellerman and more importantly Roy Jones analysis. Roy was the only one who knew what he was talking about, and Max wasn't being aggressive when he disagreed with Jim who was clearly marking out for GGG.

Back