Rewatched Khabib/Ragin' Al with a Conor matchup in mind

No chance Conor has the cardio to finish Khabib after getting 'hulk smashed' for multiple rounds

Uhh, no.

Nate-diaz-1-752x440.png

155 vs 170 so yes.

I actually scored the 4th round (and the fight itself) a draw.

Diaz' cardio wasn't up to par due to having an injured rib/knee in camp and in the fight; he wasn't in shape and it showed in his appearance.

Johnson fight:
z9xObIb.jpg

McGregor 2:
20160819100132_12_Nate_Diaz.JPG
johnson was at lightweight, both mcgregor fights were at welterweight, you retarded retard.

Only possible way I could see Khabib losing is if for some reason he decided to try to stand with Conor out of ego. If he looks to take down Conor, no way in hell does Conor have a chance in hell.

Cool breakdown but really only the first sentence of your post is relevant... notice how Khabib backs himself to the fence lol that dude is never getting his back off the cage and his poor fight IQ will cause him to do this, probably in the first minute, Conor completes the only take down of the fight in the first 2 minutes, and Khabib ain't getting back up

I think everyone watched that fight with a Khabib Conor and Khabib Tony fight in mind. Good wall of text though.

155 vs 170 so yes.
johnson was at lightweight, both mcgregor fights were at welterweight, you retarded retard.
And I'm saying that Diaz came in overweight due to injury, otherwise he wouldn't have had to cut any water weight at all.

I shouldn't have to explain something this simple, but then again, this is Sherdog.

TLDR
My thoughts from rewatching are khabib is going to try to hulk smash Conor for the first two rounds, but honestly his finish rate isn't particularly good and a tired Conor will still KO a tired Khabib if he survives past round 2 due to Khabib's striking offense and defense being terrible, especially when tired.

Tired Khabib effortlessly chain wrestles tired Conor though.

If the fight paused after round 2 and Conor doesn't get the finish then the betting lines would rest to like -500 Khabib or something.

So basically you're upset I like Conor winning lol.
Well written and thanks for taking the time to write it. Sherdog needs more of this instead of petty crap. It's a real shame posters are attacking you,just because you didn't write "Khabib by finish"

Tired Khabib effortlessly chain wrestles tired Conor though.

If the fight paused after round 2 and Conor doesn't get the finish then the betting lines would rest to like -500 Khabib or something.

Except for the fact that khabib couldn't muster the effort to do a proper takedown for the entire round 3

khabib has opportunity to shoot immedaitely as left hand punches (risks conor faint) or on Conors correction step after a combo

I actually scored the 4th round (and the fight itself) a draw.

Diaz' cardio wasn't up to par due to having an injured rib/knee in camp and in the fight; he wasn't in shape and it showed in his appearance.

Johnson fight:
z9xObIb.jpg

McGregor 2:
20160819100132_12_Nate_Diaz.JPG
Surely a part of Diaz’ different physique had to be Diaz not needing to cut an additional 15lbs? He has been quoted as saying he has to starve himself to hit 155. He pretty obviously wanted to come in bigger to maximise his size advantage against Conor.

I don’t think he adjusted to the extra weight and that’s partly why he tired more than usual. Partly also because he and Conor were belting the piss out of each other, Diaz threw a lot in the second and third trying to put Conor away.

Well written and thanks for taking the time to write it. Sherdog needs more of this instead of petty crap. It's a real shame posters are attacking you,just because you didn't write "Khabib by finish"
I agree. Good breakdown highlighting what Conor cannot afford to do, and areas of opportunity for him to try to exploit. Obviously Khabib’s “must do/don’t do” list looks near identical in reverse. Since Conor’s game plan requires more thought (Khabib’s plan revolves around: get the fight to the fence, get the TD) it makes sense to break Khabib’s only five-rounder and most recent match down with Conor in mind.

Weird that people are calling it a wall of text. Correct paragraphisation with clear reference to each round makes it simple to read.

Surely a part of Diaz’ different physique had to be Diaz not needing to cut an additional 15lbs? He has been quoted as saying he has to starve himself to hit 155. He pretty obviously wanted to come in bigger to maximise his size advantage against Conor.

I don’t think he adjusted to the extra weight and that’s partly why he tired more than usual. Partly also because he and Conor were belting the piss out of each other, Diaz threw a lot in the second and third trying to put Conor away.

Similar weight between Lightweight and Welterweight, but vastly different physical conditioning (due to being injured), and it showed in how different he looked (softer) and performed (slower, less cardio).

I agree. Good breakdown highlighting what Conor cannot afford to do, and areas of opportunity for him to try to exploit. Obviously Khabib’s “must do/don’t do” list looks near identical in reverse. Since Conor’s game plan requires more thought (Khabib’s plan revolves around: get the fight to the fence, get the TD) it makes sense to break Khabib’s only five-rounder and most recent match down with Conor in mind.

Weird that people are calling it a wall of text. Correct paragraphisation with clear reference to each round makes it simple to read.
100%

On the money but typical sherdog responses. A shame as it may deter TS in the future or stop others from doing so. I remember doing the same breaking down the mendes vs. Conor fight and how the injury attributed to certain takedowns etc. all I got was "short camp", "tldr" and "full camp mendes wins" which had nothing to do with what I wrote. Not worth the effort to be honest.

Back