Rewatched HEAT

Thought Criminal

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Best cops and robbers movie of alltime, one of my top 10 movies of alltime, and one of the most badass movies of alltime. If you havent seen "Heat" yet, put it on the top of your to do list. Has an all star cast of Deniro, Pacino, fucking Val kilmer, Tom sizemore, and Ashley judd in her prime lookin sexy as hell.

The one thing that stands out to me in this movie is the proffessionalism of Niel and his crew, aswell as the matching of that professionalism via Vincent and his squad. The way the actors pull it off is believable and realistic. You got the best cop in america taking on the best robber in america, and their perfection of their particular proffessions show.

What do you all think of this movie? Any favorite scenes? Gripes? What stands out to you? Lets talk Heat in this thread.

GOAT

SigP228ChamberCheck.jpg

You could bang Pacino's wife, but you can't watch his television.

She really did have a great ass.

Best cops and robbers movie of alltime, one of my top 10 movies of alltime, and one of the most badass movies of alltime. If you havent seen "Heat" yet, put it on the top of your to do list. Has an all star cast of Deniro, Pacino, fucking Val kilmer, Tom sizemore, and Ashley judd in her prime lookin sexy as hell.

The one thing that stands out to me in this movie is the proffessionalism of Niel and his crew, aswell as the matching of that professionalism via Vincent and his squad. The way the actors pull it off is believable and realistic. You got the best cop in america taking on the best robber in america, and their perfection of their particular proffessions show.

What do you all think of this movie? Any favorite scenes? Gripes? What stands out to you? Lets talk Heat in this thread.

The shootout in the street is fantastic. They used real gun sounds and had military advisers for tactics (cover, concealment, fire and move, cornering, suppression, etc.).

Definatly one of my favorite movies .... impecable cast , absolutly top class cast ... hard to top that ... awesome soundtrack that adds a greater ambience to the scenes.
1TcedPG.gif

If I remember correctly this movie inspired a real life bank robbery in LA where the guys were armored up and out gunned the cops

It was all caught on camera by news helicopters

If I remember correctly this movie inspired a real life bank robbery in LA where the guys were armored up and out gunned the cops

It was all caught on camera by news helicopters

You're probably talking about the Hollywood Shootout?

Those guys were no "crew" though. They shot like a thousand rounds, didn't even kill anyone, and then got swiss cheesed.

Ted Levine improvised that whole story during one take, much to the surprise & delight of Michael Mann.
Ted Levine is criminally underrated. He stole Shutter Island with one scene imo.

Ted Levine is criminally underrated. He stole Shutter Island with one scene imo.

Yeah Ted Levine is great. Speaking of criminally underrated, Levine also has a funny side role in the seen-by-almost-no-one hidden classic, Bullet. An HBO original film starring Mickey Rourke, Tupac, and Adrien Brody.

I think I read in another Heat thread a while ago that they actually show law enforcement or military the parts where Val Kilmer was changing clips on his rifle, they say that's the proper way it should be done.

Don't quote me.

"According to one website, footage of Val Kilmer reloading his weapon has been shown to Special Forces trainees as a model for how to reload. Beyond its authenticity, the bruising boom feels definitive, taking us beyond the disposable sounds of mayhem in other movies."

http://reverseshot.org/symposiums/entry/1226/heat

Great fucking movie. What I love most about it is not so much the main plot line itself (which in itself is fucking great), but rather the glimpse into the personal lives of all the men involved.

Pacino's dealing with a loveless marriage and a daughter with emotional/psychological problems. Deniro finds himself drawn to a demure artist but is trying to not let himself get too attached. Kilmer is trying to keep his relationship with Judd and her son together. Dennis Haysbert (the getaway driver) is fresh out of a stint in prison and is trying to walk the straight and narrow path with the support of his loving girlfriend.

So many great subplots. These are not two-dimensional characters, but living, breathing people with lives of their own. The lengths that Mann went through to depict these character's lives only increases the stakes when they clash in a cops vs. robbers capacity. You don't want to see them die because you know what they stand to lose in their personal lives.

Last edited:
One of my friends had a great description of this movie once, when we were arguing.

He said, "Why do you love that movie so much? It's just like, 3 hours of people making sad faces."

Back