Rewatched GSP vs. Hendricks.

Round 1 is the only controversy; GSP had a sub attempt and Hendricks had a TD, depending on which should be worth more, that person wins Round 1. That being said, don't expect to take the belt BARELY winning 3-2 rounds, you have to either finish the champ or DOMINATE (which Hendricks didn't). GSP rightfully remained champ.
Quick correction, GSP also had a TD in round 1. So a TD each, and a sub attempt for GSP, and the striking was essentially even. That means.... HENDRICKS WON!!!!!! ROBBERY.

I'm one of the biggest GSP fan and i also rewatch GSp Hendrick for the first time 2 week ago. I give the first to Hendrix.

I remember back then, i was sure he lost the fight and was very surprise with the decision. I was happy but i feel bad at the same time. I think GSP would have give Hendrix a rematch if Danna and UFS din't react as they do after the fight.

100% agree. One of the biggest GSP fans, and I still think he lost that fight.

I get what you're saying but it's not like he was a big mw and couldn't make the weight.

I can understand why people think he's a heavy PED user but I think a lot of it has to do with his lack of motivation, he looked in great shape and made weight for his fight with Wonderboy which was 7 months or so after USADA came in. He got killed and now he looks nothing like he did before

sometimes big loses can kill a fighters motivation. He didn't look scared of fighting (like Barao) but he certainly didn't look to be taking training as seriously.

Maybe I'm being naive but looking at how quickly Erick Silva deflated in a month of USADA testing (Magny fight) and how Hendricks looked as good of shape as he ever had in 7 months of testing (wonderboy fight) aaand made weight just doesn't make too much sense to me.

I'm agree with you, I thing it's both.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...yed-a-role-in-his-decision-to-retire-from-mma

GSP won this fight! It was all even going into the 5th round and GSP put everything he had into it while Hendricks tried to coast to a win that wasn't secure. It was that loser/lazy, mentality that brought Hendricks to his downfall and this display of determination and grit by GSP that is why he will go down as a GOAT and Hendricks will go down as a one hit wonder.

Its a sport not a fight to the death. GSP showed he knows how to play the game and schooled Hendricks. Trash talking isn't factored into round scoring either <45>

And people say BJ folded under pressure...well he didn't quit MMA after tough fights lol.

GSP's legacy is kind of a joke.
Holy sh!t! MMA fans are the absolute worst. How many defenses did he have? Isn't he at GOAT level status?
Jesus, you guys just suck.

I get it. You have no experience with training MMA or probably even lifting weights so you have zero clue how steroids work.

It's ok brother, sometime in your fanboy haze things might start making sense to you.

You just Don't like GSP and you are not a clever troll, way too obvious. At least have a little knowledge about what you are chirping off about.

Saying stupid things just makes you look silly. Just saying, there is room to improve your game. You don't even have a basic understanding of scoring. Sorry if pointing that out hurt your feelings.

"Without a doubt my toughest fight" … do you have another interpretation? Followed by in-cage retirement, as you noted.

Bisping was the closest thing to a joke/fluke champ since Forrest. GSP fanbois are at their weakest when trying to cast Bisping as a killer.

All fine wins. Did somebody say they weren't?

Styles make fights. Koscheck was a decent wrestler who grafted a sloppy overhand right onto his game and had limited success.

Hendricks looks like shit after USADA so he was juicing. GSP vanishes along with his incredibly suspect physique (remember the email controversy lol) and he can't have been juicing because … uh … well. Oh, let's not speculate because its GSP.

Getting his ass kicked probably helped. And at any rate, arguably losing a razor close fight would ITSELF be reason for many good fighters to STAY AND REMATCH. Either way he did himself no favors.

As time goes on it'll be harder and harder to shoehorn GSP into GOAT arguments simply because he no-showed so much of his prime where other guys stayed active and put on some great fights, even while taking their Ls. Great skills but the fire just didn't burn so bright.

Yeah, sorry, but this doesn't feel like a productive argument to have at this point. Bye.

1st round draw??

Nuh uh, Hendricks won that round and he won the fight. There's a reason GSP didn't come back after that fight.
Why do you clowns keep saying he left because of Hendricks?....before the fight he said it could be his last...I get ppl don't like him but give me a break he came back after 4 years and choked out the the champ at a higher weight class

I´ll have to watch that fight, actually never saw it.

There, i said it

This place is always insufferable after a Fedor fight.

If both dudes punched each other three times a piece. One dude has a busted up face and bruises. One dude doesnt have a mark. Who won?

You don't see a problem.cwith that either? You're basing that off what you can see not actual damage.

Let's say one punch grazes and cuts eyebrow open and blood everywhere.

Other punch lands flush on chin and breaks opponent jaw.

You're not gonna see that broken jaw but you'll see the grazed blow blood because headwound bleeds nicely yet no damage actually inflicted.

I remember the momentum turning in round 3 and Hendricks being very lucky to get that trip early in the 4th. I think GSP would've taken the rematch, even against pre-USADA Hendricks.

And people say BJ folded under pressure...well he didn't quit MMA after tough fights lol.

GSP's legacy is kind of a joke.
Gsp is the original tapper.

You don't see a problem.cwith that either? You're basing that off what you can see not actual damage.

Let's say one punch grazes and cuts eyebrow open and blood everywhere.

Other punch lands flush on chin and breaks opponent jaw.

You're not gonna see that broken jaw but you'll see the grazed blow blood because headwound bleeds nicely yet no damage actually inflicted.
I actually already talked about how what i said isnt a solution in this thread. I was just pointing out the flaw in the current system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back