Rewatched GSP vs. Hendricks.

That was very poetic and equally pointless

As a btw I boxed for almost 15 years. Never weight trained because frankly i find guys that do to be pretty funny but yes in general i an very familiar with cardio training

So you completely missed my point. You can be as butthurt as you want about what you perceive are inequalities in the system. Not sure what the point is.

Unless you only follow guys like Mark hunt and Roy Nelson chances are good your favorite fighters are also cheating

Why even bother watching mma if cheating bothers you so much when likely 99 percent of the fighters are juicing ?

You miss the point entirely. I WANT steroids to be completely legal for fighting and I think drug testing is hurting the sport.

GSP fanboys like you think he should be GOAT over Jones and Silva just make me fucking laugh. Not only do you fanboys not realize that EVERYBODY those guys fought were also on roids, you honestly think that their wins should be asterisked because of it. I don't know how these people think any of this is a reasonable conclusion. Now you may not think this, but I know for a fact that a lot of your fanboy bretheren do.

If you think GSP is clean, then you're required to believe Paulo Costa is clean, because you use the same logic to absolve GSP of any accusations.

I get a kick out of Mark Hunt. The same guy who says he doesn't care if Lesnar is juicing cause he'll "punch his face off anyway." He goes and gets his ass-kicked and he's been non-stop buthurt about it ever since.

And people say BJ folded under pressure...well he didn't quit MMA after tough fights lol.

GSP's legacy is kind of a joke.
I think the bullshit with testing kinda rubbed GSP the wrong way. Seems like most of the fighters think Hendricks was on some good shit, and then refused to do any additional testing. GSP stated multiple times that shitty drug testing was his main reason for walking away from the sport.

I think the bullshit with testing kinda rubbed GSP the wrong way. Seems like most of the fighters think Hendricks was on some good shit, and then refused to do any additional testing. GSP stated multiple times that shitty drug testing was his main reason for walking away from the sport.
GSP said a lot of things about testing. A LOT of things. But with that Roy Nelson physique who can blame GSP for wanting a level playing field.

You miss the point entirely. I WANT steroids to be completely legal for fighting and I think drug testing is hurting the sport.

GSP fanboys like you think he should be GOAT over Jones and Silva just make me fucking laugh. Not only do you fanboys not realize that EVERYBODY those guys fought were also on roids, you honestly think that their wins should be asterisked because of it. I don't know how these people think any of this is a reasonable conclusion. Now you may not think this, but I know for a fact that a lot of your fanboy bretheren do.

If you think GSP is clean, then you're required to believe Paulo Costa is clean, because you use the same logic to absolve GSP of any accusations.

I get a kick out of Mark Hunt. The same guy who says he doesn't care if Lesnar is juicing cause he'll "punch his face off anyway." He goes and gets his ass-kicked and he's been non-stop buthurt about it ever since.

I don't known if gsp is clean or not. I simply don't care enough to worry about it.

I like watching fights that's all that matters from my perspective

Perhaps you should Google the interpretation of fanboy . I haven't defended gsp in the slightest

And people say BJ folded under pressure...well he didn't quit MMA after tough fights lol.

GSP's legacy is kind of a joke.
You're coming off as a hater man. He had tough fights against shields and Condit too and continued on with his career. At least the guy doesn't hold up divisions when he does think he needs a break for something.

Nah, rewatch the 1st. GSP pushed the pace, controlled the striking.

Hendricks only success was elbows while defending, he was not the aggressoe in tje round.

If a round is close, they will give it to the fighter who pushed the pace.
GSP controlled the striking for only one minute in that round.

Round 2 - all Hendricks landed 1 shot that wobbled GSP, GSP is able to recover in that round, besides that 1 punch that wobbled him Hendricks didny do anything really special. Still a clear Hendrixks round.
I would've scored the round a draw had Hendricks not wobbled GSP in the first minute (and it's that sort of damage that Sherdoggers should be factoring, not how easily someone's face bruises).

Round 3 - GSP controlled the stand up, 10-9 GSP
No disagreement.

Round 4 - Hendricks lay and prays on GSP to win the round.
GSP slipped/tripped, Hendricks had some ground and pound as a result (a short elbow is what caused GSP to get cut), but Hendricks won two minutes from striking and clinch work; it wasn't just solely lay and pray.

Round 5 - Hendricks decides he already won and just gives the round away.
First minute they were both attempting/defending takedowns, GSP won two minutes of striking, and won one minute with a takedown, top control, and half-hearted kimura attempt at the end.

<{cruzshake}>

Pigg Rigg had 2 takedowns in the fight, GSP had 3 including a crucial take down in Round 5 that probably won him the fight. Hendricks did not out-wrestle GSP, in fact his wrestling failed him when it mattered most.
Personally I only counted one takedown for Hendricks, the second was more due to GSP slipping.

Scoring 10 - 10 a round is even possible ??

I don't think so.
Yes, but frowned upon.

Let's face it, the 10 must system is not adequate for cage fighting.

The disparity in 10-9 rounds is enormous

I don't get why Hendricks has so much PED accusations.
The guy was just mentally beat after getting his title hopes taken, in his fight with Wonderboy he looked as jacked as usual and in great shape (post USADA). Wonderboy dismantled Hendricks and I think it killed his fire for the sport.
How the fuck would he miss the middleweight limit from steroids? That's just from lack of giving a shit.

Erick Silva looked half his normal size only a month after USADA came in while Hendricks still looked good after 7 months

You're coming off as a hater man. He had tough fights against shields and Condit too and continued on with his career. At least the guy doesn't hold up divisions when he does think he needs a break for something.
Nobody really thought he lost those fights because he didn't lose them.

I guess its a credit to GSP that he ducked out of MW quickly lol. He had no delusions about his chances and no brand to boost so...kudos to him.

1st round draw??

Nuh uh, Hendricks won that round and he won the fight. There's a reason GSP didn't come back after that fight.
mate accept that even when hedricks is on full roids he cant win vs GSP, TS saw the fight with a good eye, it was a clearly 3-2 for gsp

Hendricks beat the piss out of GSP.

But scoring-wise, it really could have gone either way. It was really close.

The guy was just mentally beat after getting his title hopes taken, in his fight with Wonderboy he looked as jacked as usual and in great shape (post USADA). Wonderboy dismantled Hendricks and I think it killed his fire for the sport.
How the fuck would he miss the middleweight limit from steroids? That's just from lack of giving a shit.
PEDs can help a fighter mentally and with weight cuts, they're not limited to only improving one's physique.

mate accept that even when hedricks is on full roids he cant win vs GSP, TS saw the fight with a good eye, it was a clearly 3-2 for gsp
Except I didn't score it 3-2 for GSP, I scored it a draw.

Big flaw in your logic

Pre-USADA but after in your words "getting his title hopes dashed" he mauled Matt Brown who at the time was at the edge of top 5

Funny how this great trauma affected him against wonderboy post usada but didn't affect him against Brown pre-usada

Must have been a delayed effect?????

Of course, being indestructible pre-USADA and going 1-5 post usada and missing weight 4 times is not even slightly indicative of getting off the good juice right?

He didn't fail a test because he stopped using... obviously
Delusional

I have never read a thread with "Rewatched" in the title and didn't end up wanting to slap someone.

PEDs can help a fighter mentally and with weight cuts, they're not limited to only improving one's physique.

Except I didn't score it 3-2 for GSP, I scored it a draw.
so sorry you have a really bad eye for the thing, because it was a clearly 3-2, but whenever GSP won, it doesnt matter, and the world saw the downfall of hendricks since then

Big flaw in your logic

Pre-USADA but after in your words "getting his title hopes dashed" he mauled Matt Brown who at the time was at the edge of top 5

Funny how this great trauma affected him against wonderboy post usada but didn't affect him against Brown pre-usada

Must have been a delayed effect?????
His style was tailor made for Wonderboy. After a beating like that it's hard to come back for some fighters

After Barao got his ass handed to him by Tj he looked like ass even against Mitch Gagnon (pre USADA)

I'm not saying steroids should be completely ruled out but I think Hendricks knew he wasn't getting another shot after that loss, hell he even missed weight at middleweight and I don't think he needs steroid help to make that weight

And he mauled Brown before he fought Wonderboy

lol his only win is over another known ped user who also disappeared and was never heard of again

Disappeared?

Too bad Lombard fought 24 days ago, at Fight Night 137.

He lost. But he didn't disappear.

You're so dumb it's not even funny.

Hendricks won the fight. It was a robbery. Get over it, losers.

Back