Rewatched Cruz vs Dillashaw....

TJ won the fight and should still be champion, he would beat Cody easy.

Round 1 was close but I felt TJ edged it and he easily won Round 4 and 5.

Pitiful decision which I feel wasn't talked about enough.

It wasn't talked about because your thread is over exaggerated and most people disagree with you
IMG_3394.JPG

True fans know that TJ won. Cruz nuthuggers and "TJ is a snake" crew are 80% who says that Cruz won the fight.
"True fans" lol in other words, anyone that disagrees with you on this close decision is just a nuthugger. It was a good fight and I thought Cruz edged it. It was also his first fight in years. It probably wouldn't be as close if they fought again now that he's been more active.

Thought Cruz definitely won it.

It was talked about a lot last year, but it's over now.

Was TJ robbed? No. It might have been the closest fight ever. Every time TJ hit Cruz, Cruz would hit TJ with this weird robotic herky jerk combo every time. And Dom had the only TD's. Could have gone either way, glad Dom got the win. I was very surprised he got the win. He's been through a lot. TJ would win a rematch.

I haven't rewatched it in awhile, but I do remember it being a close fight.
I had Cruz winning, both times I watched it.

I think Cruz's plantar fasciitis was a factor, and if not for that, he would have done better.

I think we'll see these three guys all match up again, so time will tell where they all stand in relation to each other.

I agree he will destroy Cody, I think Lineker would KTFO of Cody in the first or second round tbh. I think we will see a TJ vs Cruz matchup pretty soon so that'll be nice.

You're right. Cruz has more fans than TJ so you will get dumb responses like "TJ was swinging at air all night", even though he landed more strikes than Cruz did.

You could argue for either a Cruz win or draw. I didn't see TJ winning.

LOL Cruz dominated that fight.

You could argue for either a Cruz win or draw. I didn't see TJ winning.

A draw? So you think there might be a 10-10 round in there (makes it a draw overall) but none of the 10-9 Cruz could be a 10-10? (Makes it Dillashaw 48-47 again)

If it could be a draw it could easily be 48-47 Dillashaw, or 48-47 Cruz

A draw? So you think there might be a 10-10 round in there (makes it a draw overall) but none of the 10-9 Cruz could be a 10-10? (Makes it Dillashaw 48-47 again)

If it could be a draw it could easily be 48-47 Dillashaw, or 48-47 Cruz

I thought it was Cruz, leaning towards him. But I can see a draw happening maybe.

It's one of those fights where you see what you want to see.
If you want Cruz to win, you'll think he won, if you want Tj to win you'll think he won.
Cruz stole the fight with couple of take downs in early rounds, even though takedowns didn't do or lead to anything. Overall TJ was better imo, but i can understand why judges gave it to Cruz.

If they fought again I'd say 55%-60% Tj wins, but vs Cody I give him only 40% tho.
Cody is bigger than him and damn good if healthy, this division keeps evolving.

rofl even if TJ beat Cruz, it does not mean he would easily beat Cody. TJ and Cruz was very even. Cody was on another level compared to Cruz. TJ and Cruz have same style and same level. Cody toying to Cruz will mean toying to TJ.

I know MMath is horrible but in this case, this TJ and Cruz is basically the same fighter, I think we can safely use MMATH here.

They're not quite equal. Tj has finishes over elite fighters. Cruz does not.

Nah, Cruz easily took the first 3. Plus, he made Silly Dilly looked goofy.

All I remember is Dillashaw hitting air for the first 3 rounds and then he smartened up and started kicking Cruz' leg I believe and when Cruz wasn't able to move he well he started landing. But he seemed outclassed for the first 3 rounds.

I've scored round 1,2,3 VERY clearly for cruz,and the last two to Dillashaw...wasn't difficult to be honest. I just don't get why people keep saying tha was a robbery.

Back