Rewatched Cruz vs Dillashaw....

Touch of Death

Free @Soul On Ice
@Brown
Reaction score
TJ won the fight and should still be champion, he would beat Cody easy.

Round 1 was close but I felt TJ edged it and he easily won Round 4 and 5.

Pitiful decision which I feel wasn't talked about enough.

close fight
coulda gone either way

Last edited:
I watched it not long ago.

Very close fight, definitely didn't see a robbery. You could score it for either guy without much criticism.

What made the difference for me, and probably the judges, is how much TJ missed. Cruz made him whiff big punches to nowhere, which looks like you are getting out classed if you miss that much.

TJ looked frustrated and incapable as the fight wore on.

With a few adjustments, TJ can definitely beat Cruz.

I think Cody is considerably more athletic then both of them. His speed, timing and reflexes are the next level up.

Again this "would beat easy" talk.Like we didn't see that with Cody already.And Cruz won the fight against TJ.

I agree. TJ was robbed, I was shocked when they read the decision.

I thought TJ had won but was happy Cruz got the nod. It was a close fight none the less.

I remember it as a very close fight that selective memory turned into a blowout because people don't like TJ. Similar to how Hendrick vs GSP became a clearer and clearer win for GSP as the fans soured on Hendricks.

No.
Cruz won.
And Garbrandt is the best BW in the world. IF we ever get that amazing fight (Garbrandt - Lineker), Lineker has a puncher's chance.

I don't know about the Cody thing but I watched tj-cruz 4x and champ (tj) should've won, no doubt

TJ looked way more active, but Cruz managed to make TJ play his game. Iirc.

Something that can't be said about Cody.

I'm looking forward to their match.

Been meaning to rewatch that fight for a while. I scored it for Cruz live but I didnt pay enough attention tbh.

My pet peeve on this board is people calling every close fight/decision a robbery. You watch this sport knowing good and well the judging is subjective to a degree, and most of them are incompetent anyway. A fight needs to be very very clearly in one mans favor in order to be a robbery. TJ vs Dom was razor close.

That being said, Cody vs TJ is going to be fucking awesome

rofl even if TJ beat Cruz, it does not mean he would easily beat Cody. TJ and Cruz was very even. Cody was on another level compared to Cruz. TJ and Cruz have same style and same level. Cody toying to Cruz will mean toying to TJ.

I know MMath is horrible but in this case, this TJ and Cruz is basically the same fighter, I think we can safely use MMATH here.

aaf511813e1cdb9c0f4fa89d7f3180a1.png

True fans know that TJ won. Cruz nuthuggers and "TJ is a snake" crew are 80% who says that Cruz won the fight.

No.
Cruz won.
And Garbrandt is the best BW in the world. IF we ever get that amazing fight (Garbrandt - Lineker), Lineker has a puncher's chance.
I used to think Lineker would beat Grabrandt, but then Cody showed he was basically sandbagging up until he fought Cruz. Now, Cody makes him miss, while Lineker gets tagged up.

It was the most clear cut decision for a champion in UFC history. For some crazy reason they robbed TJ.

I couldn't watch that fight after round 2 boring as shit

One of my favourite fights, still not sure if Cruz won.

Back